Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Post#81 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:07 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm
Hargrim wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Grobbok wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 pm ...

How many times you need to be told that this game is not and never was just PvP / RvR game?

Sorry man, but I am going to respectfully disagree. WAR is a PvP game.

You can do all the PvE you want, day in and day out, but in order to fine tune, expand, and build up the attributes desired for your chosen class of play, you must go and kill another player.
Renown Points are only available in Player vs Player battles. Without Renown, the character you have created to play, is never finished. On top of that, on Live, Renown Gear is where the wards were on. You could not get into a dungeon unless you had appropriate level BiS gear earned in RvR.

All of that, makes WAR a Player vs Player based game.
Are you unable to understand, what he wrote?

WAR is a game with strong emphasis on player vs player battles but it got a pve content side as well. Hargrim is just stating facts, facts nobody can disagree with. Having pvp as main reason to play the game doesn't remove the fact, that there is pve content too.
When you want to have all available rewards in the game, you have to do both but this is your personal choice.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#82 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:49 am
Hargrim wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:08 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 amHas warhammer always been pve game ? Well, ok, what then to talk about wow?!? he simply writes like this because everything is exactly the opposite in the public mind

I dunno, do you even read what I write? Game had pve elements and a lot of bis stuff was obtained through pve. You want to discuss this fact now too?
but I do not understand what you want from me? I told you absolutely not worried about the availability of pve content.

but for most people this pve is not necessary at all, they come and register in the game just to run into rvr killing enemies and taking a rest from a busy day. maybe someone finishing off the next bw or wh represents in his place his boss or director)). and from here such irritation also follows that people force to do pve a content to which they have no interest. I have already written somewhere a solution to this problem. It is very simple to make a general conversion of medals and emblems from rvr <=> pvp<=>pve, PvP. Rvr and pvp can be combined at all.

It’s you who quoted me and initiated this discussion. I just stated the game had PvE elements since day 0, you continue to propose fix for something that is not broken.

You really can still just log in and pew pew in RvR. Dont like pve? Skip it. Most of players will be fish food regardless of the gear differences. The big fish can do the pve if they want to be the bleeding edge, but still will win with fish food even if they are 1 or 2 “tiers” of gear behind.

Alfa1986

Post#83 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:05 pm

but for most people this pve is not necessary at all, they come and register in the game just to run into rvr killing enemies and taking a rest from a busy day.
Those people are not meant to have every available item in the game. Put some effort into it or skip it. It's not like you need it ti compete. Those, who don't want to pve, just don't get pve items. It is really simple.
to be honest, not such a small effort. for the bistlord may be but not for dungeons. first you need to find and assemble a group, in my experience it takes an average of one -two hours. then on each wing of the gunbad it takes at least an hour. We take the most unfortunate option when all things are received for quests, and in the end, 3 * 3 + 1 * 9 = 18 h. and it is necessary to spend it only for getting a ward for city dungeons and to get to the appendage by that moment there is absolutely no need for people red eye set. )) Not, I personally like dunges, but I also quite understand those who just do not want waste time on them.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Alresidas

Post#84 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm

but for most people this pve is not necessary at all, they come and register in the game just to run into rvr killing enemies and taking a rest from a busy day.
Those people are not meant to have every available item in the game. Put some effort into it or skip it. It's not like you need it ti compete. Those, who don't want to pve, just don't get pve items. It is really simple.
I am actually surprised that no one yet argued about competition, usually it spirals into:
Spoiler:
"We get farmed because of gear disparity, we demand gear to be handed out like candy."
Upon realization that it isn't the gear that makes or breaks getting farmed it's followed by:
"We get farmed because of RR disparity, we demand RR to be handed out like candy."
Then, the obligatory:
"We get farmed because of class and realm imbalances, we demand buffs and nerfs to be handed out like candy."
So that it can culminate in:
"We get farmed because the game is bad, we demand refunds to be handed out like candy."
No one ever complains about the 'lack of incentive' (read: common sense) to actually coordinate ~ it's 2019, the game has been around for over a decade and people still don't unterstand the concept of opting out to funnel currency into their group and guild members.
Emblems drop in scenarios, provided you run a premade and actually contribute in terms of pewpew, you can easily gain more emblems through plain drops during the scenario than through the reward at the end - you'd get bonus points for actually having a shot at winning the scenario in a premade, and for not rolling against sub40s on late game currency.

Path of least resistance, yadyada, rather spend five months grinding out emblems by 24/7 burnout-fueled solo-queue - whilst demanding to be catered to on the forums, during queue times -, than exhaust your means; i.e.: spend an evening building a regular group in order to grind it (read: sub1% increase in pewpew) out within a fraction of said five months.

E: Note, the above applies to PvE, too. Don't like wipefests, spamming /5 or rolling against people for no reason? Build a regular group.
E: Spelling and such.
Last edited by Alresidas on Mon May 06, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

anarchypark

Post#85 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Grobbok wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:49 am It is very simple to make a general conversion of medals and emblems from rvr <=> pvp<=>pve, PvP. Rvr and pvp can be combined at all.
the solution is very simple, make one crest -> warcrest, like it was in the original game
so if someone wants to do pve, rvr, pvp; getting new geat is no a problem if you have one coin system
PLEASE don't force players to WORK (grind) for new items, it should be FUN, not hard, long, boring work

they not gonna play underdog in orvr.
they'll take refugee in SC.
cuz rewards are same.

in short, it's method to avoid battle.
it shouldn't happen.

you have tunnel vision on "grind"
missing big picture.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#86 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Alresidas wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm ...

This was refreshing, thanks.

Osrim

Post#87 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:15 pm

By use of common crests/influence from pve, rvr or scs to get weapons/armor people would get gear by doing what they enjoy most.

This would make most satisfied players regardless how they like to play this great game. imho

peterthepan3

Post#88 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Then there is no incentive to go out of your 'comfort zone' and explore other parts of the game; why should the dude leeching in the open WB get access to stuff that should otherwise be attainable via PvE or SC only? All parts of the game need to be incentivised - not forced (important distinction).

I do get the argument about allowing people to do what they want (empathise, too, to an extent), but there should at least be some things that are locked behind PvE, SC, x, y, etc, certain items/weapons/titles/mounts that may require you to (momentarily) stop doing what you like.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#89 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm

to be honest, not such a small effort. for the bistlord may be but not for dungeons. first you need to find and assemble a group, in my experience it takes an average of one -two hours. then on each wing of the gunbad it takes at least an hour. We take the most unfortunate option when all things are received for quests, and in the end, 3 * 3 + 1 * 9 = 18 h. and it is necessary to spend it only for getting a ward for city dungeons and to get to the appendage by that moment there is absolutely no need for people red eye set. )) Not, I personally like dunges, but I also quite understand those who just do not want waste time on them.
This is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, find yourself a guild (an active one, not an empty one lol), use discord to coordinate while offline and use the Destro PvE Discord, things will go much easier!
Too lazy for that? Your bad
Zputadenti

adamthelc

Post#90 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm
Hargrim wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Grobbok wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 pm ...

How many times you need to be told that this game is not and never was just PvP / RvR game?

Sorry man, but I am going to respectfully disagree. WAR is a PvP game.

You can do all the PvE you want, day in and day out, but in order to fine tune, expand, and build up the attributes desired for your chosen class of play, you must go and kill another player.
Renown Points are only available in Player vs Player battles. Without Renown, the character you have created to play, is never finished. On top of that, on Live, Renown Gear is where the wards were on. You could not get into a dungeon unless you had appropriate level BiS gear earned in RvR.

All of that, makes WAR a Player vs Player based game.
Wards went through a lot of changes in live, but that is never how they worked.