Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alresidas

Re: Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Post#21 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:15 pm Where is the Vendor of the Best city weapon????
The patch seem not well explain that good and maybe my English cant get the meaning of it
You'll earn influence for city dungeons, like you did for the sentinel ring - after aquiring the weapon of choice, you can exchange it for the others at the vendors. These weapons share epic quest skins, but aren't in any other way related to them.

(City dungeon influence gain -> weapon pick -> 1:1 exchange tied to a small fee).

---

Thanks alot for the opportunity to grab the epic quest skins I've missed out on, much appreciated - also good approach with the acquisition methods and swaps, just needs some more fleshing out.

Ads
Delirio

Post#22 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm

hi

is possible trade vanquishers medallion on oppressor and viceversa ,why not ?

possible idea for next ...

regards
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest

Tesq

Post#23 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm

some chosen rewards are differents than those show in pics, well i will bugtracker this unless it get fix immidiatly

btw wall of teskh...wow now i can change my name and have a personal shield lol

drmordread
Suspended

Post#24 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm

As always I thank you for the amazing amount of work you put into this game. Your dedication is second to none, please never doubt that.

But I have to really question some things.
First, this is a PvP game, yet you insist on putting some of the best options into PvE dungeons. Yes, they did it on live too with LoTD dungeons, but on live you could invade those instances, thus turning them into PvP.
While on PvE dungeons, why is it that a toon geared in Invader, Vanquisher, Conq (and their scenario counterpart armor), do not have the wards to enter a city dungeon? Again, this is a PvP game.
Telling players that in order to get some of the best options for gear (city dungeons) relies on them doing a totally different dungeon first with gear they do not want or need, is just not logical.
You want us to PvE to get the city weapons and armor, fine. But at least change the ward system back to what it was on live. PvP gear (lakes and scenarios) should have the wards needed to enter a dungeon of the appropriate level. Putting the wards only on PvE gear in a PvP game, just does not make any sense what so ever.

As for trading in weapons and gear to get more advanced weapons and gear.
Do you plan on increasing drop rates of 200 level purple frags to make talismans, in general PvE, and not just dungeons or ch22 pq's? If gear has to be traded in, then you are killing off the salvaging gather skill making it pointless. Will drops of purple frags increase in general PvP? Will players finally be scavenged as on live?
And again, making the drop of purple 200 level frags higher in dungeons, and practically non existant in regular PvE is illogical. And no, chapter 22 pq's are not the answer. Hardly anyone wants to do those, and I dont blame them.

I suppose the best way to sum up my thoughts is; Why are PvE dungeons and ch22 pq's, made so relevant for a PvP/RvR game?

Thank you
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Tesq

Post#25 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm

question regarding the change to some weapon progression for tanks...why?
-1h def lost regen for wounds...the most useless stuff a tank can have unless he want stack it deliberately in renown or talismans jst to fight moral bomb which alsohappen to naturaly increase over gear set progression which make it useless to stack it from other source (is abbundant) unlike regen which is a hell to get anywhere so uhm what was this trade purpose?
-alternative shield lost ap and regen awell, would had not been better leave ap and add block% ? the disrupt was not really needced anyway you can alredy reach 70% disrupt on all s+b tanks

negative feedback about trading sc weapons
-you loose appereance of old bracket weapon (live choice was better you need to acquire at least 1 weapon of conqueror for exemple to drop invader currency...)
-you are forced to pre pick all the path for every next weapons (ex: i was off 1h for build balance reason and planned to pass into def on this new sets, but im cut out since well now i need to do the old weapon 1h def which i dont need and then another 750 currency for the new one 1h def which i need...
-simply put invader currency in game was that bad of an idea?

Martok

Post#26 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:13 pm

drmordread wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pmTelling players that in order to get some of the best options for gear (city dungeons) relies on them doing a totally different dungeon first with gear they do not want or need, is just not logical.

I agree. I would like to run the City Dungeons but can't because my hands are tied to finding groups to first run Gunbad. They rarely exist. Yesterday a group of us spent well over an hour attempting to find enough people to run the Caledor Chapter 22 PQ, and couldn't. During that time another group was attempting to find six people to run Gunbad, and couldn't. I suppose, for a brief time at least, group availability will increase, but given the size of the player base it will still be a crap shoot.

drmordread wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pmDo you plan on increasing drop rates of 200 level purple frags to make talismans, in general PvE, and not just dungeons or ch22 pq's? If gear has to be traded in, then you are killing off the salvaging gather skill making it pointless. Will drops of purple frags increase in general PvP? Will players finally be scavenged as on live?

Again I agree. Salvaging your old gear and weapons once you upgrade was a primary source for materials used to craft new talismans for the new gear you grind to acquire. Denying the players the opportunity to use the very crafting skills they invested a significant time to level salvaging weapons they invested considerable time and effort to acquire makes absolutely no sense. Unless you look at it through the prism of well, we can, therefore we will.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

anarchypark

Post#27 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:32 pm

check the item lvl people.
city weapons are 1 lvl below from subjugator.
it's almost same tier supporting almost every play style.
or more opportunity to change play style according to weapons.

for SC weapons,
you're free from grind unless u need it asap.
I'm happy cuz i'm free.
perhaps i'll have enough coins when next tier come.
just enjoy the free game, gears will follow.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Stagart

Post#28 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm question regarding the change to some weapon progression for tanks...why?
-1h def lost regen for wounds...the most useless stuff a tank can have unless he want stack it deliberately in renown or talismans jst to fight moral bomb which alsohappen to naturaly increase over gear set progression which make it useless to stack it from other source (is abbundant) unlike regen which is a hell to get anywhere so uhm what was this trade purpose?
-alternative shield lost ap and regen awell, would had not been better leave ap and add block% ? the disrupt was not really needced anyway you can alredy reach 70% disrupt on all s+b tanks

>
Hello, yes, the new weapons scenario renamed 61 for tank would be fine if there was regeneration of healt points like the one renamed 45, but here it's not worth the shot unfortunately compared to the one renamed 45 :( Cordialy.

Ads
squiggastolemybike

Post#29 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Weapons with new appearences are nice, but 56 to 56.3 dps upgrade is very strange.

Marauder's rr61 new hammer requires 750 oppressor emblems and a chosen's sword (not the hammer of previous tier) to be obtained. This isn't a big deal, but something that you probably overlooked.
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

Wam

Post#30 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:26 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:32 pm check the item lvl people.
city weapons are 1 lvl below from subjugator.
it's almost same tier supporting almost every play style.
or more opportunity to change play style according to weapons.

for SC weapons,
you're free from grind unless u need it asap.
I'm happy cuz i'm free.
perhaps i'll have enough coins when next tier come.
just enjoy the free game, gears will follow.
By the time you've done 3 gunbads and then done some city runs... you will easily of got subj gear from orvr zerg riding if it was your main, only a few characters will be different/exception to that rule like my blackguard (being rr 20 ruin (pre red eye) and carried in gunbad guild team as a liability off tank and pro healers QQ the entire time (when gunbad was harder) but as leader of one of the biggest guilds and having 9 destro characters warded already I am one of the few exceptions)

Earning City weapons is harder than earning subj... yet subj is superior in most cases... there are only a few exceptions from 24 classes... only a handful of classes benifit from proc off hand / debuff... some classes even get op crit proc, but magic casters don't get anything useful imo... so there's a bit of a disparity between the classes when it comes to these new weapons in whats semi useful/worthwhile and what is just bank clutter/skin... just my two cents :twisted:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]