Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Musica

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#101 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 am

adamthelc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 am
Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm

a very important impact no ****. Doing rvr as a t-1 isnt worth it now. this was a completely terrible change. Whats the point in me doing rvr if there is no destro? Or order? i have both characters and sometimes rvr in t-1 is dead. this change makes no sense. Feels like i shouldnt even play this 12 year old game now. I dont get it. The game is fun let me game free exp in lower tier so i can move on. I want to rvr and i want to sc. sc is the only thing worth doing now for renown... what a terrible decision from your company. terrible decision making from the dev end. i cant believe it would pass your mind to remove defending from the game. what if no one wants to defend now? OH THATS WHATS HAPPENING IN RVR IN T-1 NOW. great patch. NOT. fix the game
When one side lacks players, play the underdog side. It is pretty simple.
That is a reasonable suggestion that most people will never follow. They will just get bored and log off. Some people would say that sitting on a BO is also boring, but people will do that because they feel like they are still progressing.

I dont remember the exact reason they added BO ticks. I think it was to get people to actually sit on BOs. It also gives people something to do when there is no action. Since at the time you couldnt just switch sides.

It's one thing to fix a problem because its causing a problem. It's another thing to "fix" something because some people dont like the idea of others just sitting "afk" and getting xp/rp.

I hope this actually fixes what ever percieved problem there was and it doesnt cause people to just stop playing. It was implemented for a reason and the only difference I see is that people can switch sides if they choose and you need to rank to spawn a ram.

To me it doesnt seem like people are going to want to sit on BOs so other people can fight and get more rewards. I hope I am wrong.

As for T1. I think most people are trying to level specific characters and wont want to switch to make balance better. Sure there are probably some people with multiple T1 characters across both factions, but I am not sure it's enough to actually change anything most of the time. So people will start to complain about how long it takes to level out of t1. OR they will complain about having to do more PvE. Once again, I hope I am wrong.

It seems like a lot of changes are being made based on what vocal people with narrow views complain about. Not liking the idea of something doesnt mean changing it will be good for the health of the game.
Zones are being locked continuously. Keeps are ranking up. There are no ticks. Everything is working.
Literally nothing changed. Apart from getting stuff by being afk.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#102 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:33 am

Musica wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 am
Zones are being locked continuously. Keeps are ranking up. There are no ticks. Everything is working.
Where you playing the same game I was today? From 7AM EST till 10:30PM EST the zones locks were

Reikland for Destro
Reikland for Order
Praag for Order
Chaos Waste for Order

4 zone locks and a couple of forts in 13 and 1/2 hrs of game play.

And once more. No One Gets Stuff Being AFK. When Flagged AFK you stop getting RR/XP/INF. That is how the game works. So stop trying to paint a picture of people being afk and getting rewards. That never happened, ever. Ever. Ever. Quit trying to influence people's minds on a crappy no rewards system with lies.

Edit: I really do not understand why you keep trying to make the players who actually DO the work of sitting on a BO to rank a keep into the bad guys. If it was not for these people, zones would not rank, as shown by the low number of flips today. No AFK player ever got one single rr point on a BO. Stop putting people down who actually do all the work while zerg blobs run around doing nothing to help rank a zone.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Musica

Post#103 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:59 am

drmordread wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:33 am
Musica wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 am
Edit: I really do not understand why you keep trying to make the players who actually DO the work of sitting on a BO to rank a keep into the bad guys. If it was not for these people, zones would not rank, as shown by the low number of flips today. No AFK player ever got one single rr point on a BO. Stop putting people down who actually do all the work while zerg blobs run around doing nothing to help rank a zone.
I am not doing that at all, that's the narrative you want to push about what i am saying, reason as to why i consider it completely useless to discuss with you. Cathy please, leave me alone. Thanks.

gjsiechnice

Post#104 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:02 am

OMFG people cry for tick - 20 renown? It's pathetic. Good change.
Stonehead Crusader Kobs 82rr
Relah AM 81rr

Grimson

Post#105 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 am

At least put the BO tick back for T1, There is noone to fight online right now so why even play T1? to sit at a BO getting nothing for over an hour to lock a zone?

tazdingo

Post#106 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:50 am

that animated sig is just the worst god damn

unsure about BO changes but all for letting them play out. afking at flags is dumb everyone knows that. people absolutely do just jump one step every minute or so to keep the ticks and then tab out

but it was something that lowbies could do. do not pretend that sub 40s dont get kicked from wbs all the damn time. they could at least get on a flag, see how large scale fights worked and get something for their contribution. now there's a chance they get nothing at all, and it's just back to the 40 pve grind

i feel there needs to be some sort of little task for lowbies and noobs to do that lets them contribute without encouraging afking, such as ordnance collection. little bits of scrap that make baby contributions to your realm. would have the added bonus of teaching them the map, and giving roamers fledglings to hunt down if they wish

yes they can surf wbs and throw out aoe but that's not always going on

Grimson

Post#107 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:56 am

So make the afk timer that logs you out shorter to prevent afk farmers

Grimson

Post#108 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:09 am

Just noticed as well getting no Influence with this recent change, or am i missing something?

Ads
anarchypark

Post#109 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:17 am

all your doubts in BO have simple solution.
keep moving.
BO is yours for 2min after leaving.

once big battle on the middle of map decide who has upper hand, underdog have to split zerg.
aao farm with BO buff.
search and destroy. or back and forth wc until one side is tired.

nothing worried.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Grimson

Post#110 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 am

anarchypark wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:17 am all your doubts in BO have simple solution.
keep moving.
BO is yours for 2min after leaving.

once big battle on the middle of map decide who has upper hand, underdog have to split zerg.
aao farm with BO buff.
search and destroy. or back and forth wc until one side is tired.

nothing worried.
Your assuming there is an enemy online to fight, right now its dead.... so who wants to sit at a BO for over an hour to try and lock a zone getting zero reward