Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
flintboth

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#111 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:48 am

Thanks for the patch and try new mecanics to make a better game !
I know an old live server who was doing nothing to make the game the most fun as possible.
Let see what happen for the next weeks, month.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Bozzax

Post#112 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:24 am

No ticks ... does this mean we are finally moving to zone domination with the zerg needing to break up and control the zone? ;)

Think TV sc where you loose if you blob
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

anarchypark

Post#113 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 am

Grimson wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 am
Your assuming there is an enemy online to fight, right now its dead.... so who wants to sit at a BO for over an hour to try and lock a zone getting zero reward

whoever want to lock zone.
if you don't wanna lock for big reward because you miss tiny little tick, that's your fault, not system.
system can't fix player's tunnel vision, short sighting.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sulorie

Post#114 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 am

drmordread wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:33 am

And once more. No One Gets Stuff Being AFK. When Flagged AFK you stop getting RR/XP/INF. That is how the game works. So stop trying to paint a picture of people being afk and getting rewards. That never happened, ever. Ever. Ever. Quit trying to influence people's minds on a crappy no rewards system with lies.

Edit: I really do not understand why you keep trying to make the players who actually DO the work of sitting on a BO to rank a keep into the bad guys. If it was not for these people, zones would not rank, as shown by the low number of flips today. No AFK player ever got one single rr point on a BO. Stop putting people down who actually do all the work while zerg blobs run around doing nothing to help rank a zone.
Are you so narrow-minded or don't you see, that all it takes is to push a button every few minutes, while you watch tv or something else, to not get afk-flagged? You are basically afk, because you don't play the game actively.

Btw, I don't like the rvr mechanic either, with being forced to stick to BO in order to rank up keeps. But don't make it it look like work, as if people standing on flag are staring on their screen and play the waiting game. They do something else.
Dying is no option.

Dajciekrwi

Post#115 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 am

Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Dajciekrwi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 pm Great News! This Bo tick was a needle in teh eye of RoR all time! Now hope all ppl start killing enemies! Veery good change!
BTW : how now look Keeper and Redeye set?
great change? more like terrible change. No one wants to defend in low level rvr now because you dont get exp or renown for defending a point. which should be in the game even if people are afking for it. It makes no sense for there not to be passive exp on the point when you are defending it. what if there is no destro or order? Oh wait thats what happens a lot at night. One side is way strong and will constantly win. BO ticks should be in the game. it shouldnt matter that some people are afking them because the rvr are still getting completed. If you dont want to spend a couple hours fighting you can get some exp by standing on the point defending. Oh destro attacks. you push them back and keep the point. is that no the point in defending a point? what if no one is coming to point you are defending for that hour. NO EXP NO REWARDS. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND IS A HORRIBLE CHANGE. why should you get no rewards for doing something thats clearly meant to be in the game. Am i as a tank and healer meant to just leave the point for other to freely take? no. Im trying to keep the point in order control and i should be rewarded for that. Maybe a better change would have been 10 mins no combat you lose the exp and renown until you dmg someone on the other faction. Idk but this isnt a good change and you condoning it doesn't help because t-1 and im sure t-2 are much worse places to rvr because t-1 is terrible. Its like they only want me to play SC for renown and thats stupid. terrible change rethink this. or all new players will not want to rvr. No reason to defend a flag that you just took makes no sense. think about it. whats the point in defense and attack if you remove the defense part of it. **** you might as well make all rvr capture the flag if thats your mind set on how rvr should work.
For doing ?? for doing what? Standing on BO when 5 feet away is fight and whole WB doing zero ?? 3-4 times i alone run thru ALL order warband and noone attack me - cos they dont want kill destro -just take BO. Wanna rewards? Go and kill someone !!!!

Fienchen

Post#116 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 am
Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Dajciekrwi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 pm Great News! This Bo tick was a needle in teh eye of RoR all time! Now hope all ppl start killing enemies! Veery good change!
BTW : how now look Keeper and Redeye set?
Wanna rewards? Go and kill someone !!!!
Haha..jepp WB zerg at Warcamps..
and btw..the Patch result can be seen yes..not even 600 people online on Sunday..where are the other 600?
Now you need to spend years to lvl up ur alts.
Well .. luckily, it's summer now. more time for real life.
Gl 2 u ->
over and out*

Tesq

Post#117 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 am

Bozzax wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:24 am No ticks ... does this mean we are finally moving to zone domination with the zerg needing to break up and control the zone? ;)

Think TV sc where you loose if you blob
No, just afker hate which translated into even more one side zerging around

Tesq

Post#118 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:54 am

Aethilmar wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:01 am
Tesq wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:17 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:29 pm If you are going to screw with the BO mechanics, why not just go old school?

3-5 min lock timer
Need 4 BOs locked to cap zone

At least it made the end of the zone cap more interesting for the underdog.
That would create a loosing faction zerg which tab 1 flag at time vs a spreading winning faction, it's dumb and exatly what we dont need....we need a meccanic which split both zerg equally all over the map .

Live had these individual lock which created this. We instead need a single simultaneous lock/open for all flag so that both faction must cap em togheter with out be able to snowball one after another. Its similar to live yet different.
Yeah, I am fully aware of what it does and does not do. This magical mechanic that splits the zerg up across the map does not exist. Every variation of the BOs cap scheme has some nasty side effect and/or drawback and NONE of them break up the zerg. At all. Ever.

The only mechanics that should be considered at all are one that encourage participation and give the losing side a reason to continue to head out into the lake. The timers at least had that going for them. There are other options too. But just give up on the whole "split the zerg" thing because nothing on live or on this server ever managed to accomplish it.
You don not because what i propose wasnt even being tried in first place and as said it does not have side effect...

And it does break the zerg sicce the zerg cant be on 4 spot simultabeusly... In the same windows.of time...

Its not rocket science..jeez .

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#119 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am

No stress mates :(.

Why each time we are trying something, half of the planet consider it is the end of the world ?
How many time will i remind all this project is a vast work in progress ?

About Ticks, since a year, we have daily complains about AFKsitting, and even it was my idea, i must admit i didn't think about it. I assume the fail of it. Now about actual change, it is a work in progress. We are aware of actual drawbacks, and in the next weeks, it will be enhanced.

The proposition to lock a BO in my very honnest opinion is not a good one. I explain. You have 6 hotspots, and actually 4 dynamics in a zone. Locking one of them discard it for a dedicated amount of time, reducing the number of objectives and reinforcing the amount of players around those interactable. So imo, the less Objectives you have, the more the zerg will be.

About T1, we are monitoring it and some solutions will be deployed asap.

Detangler

Post#120 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:49 pm

I think a halfway point between no ticks and BO ticks would make both sides happy. Maybe after taking a BO you get ticks for 2 minutes then it stops.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable