Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
footpatrol2

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#381 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 am

Pretty sure sulorie was trollin and you guys are fallin for the trap.

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#382 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 am

Grock wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:47 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 am What would have happened, if they kept guard like it was, at 50% damage transfer but removed the ability to parry guard damage?
Then it would be just like before they introduced guard parry a couple of years ago :)

The problem with 2h vs SnB is not with the Guard and never was.
Its with the fact that 2h has better CC and utility tools, while also having slightly more noticeable damage, which simply makes it more fun to play and more impactful (outside of large scale WBs)

If devs have a goal of making SnB tanks more popular outside of WB play then they should go and give SnB tanks actual tools and abilities to use outisde of HtL spam.

Right now SnB has worse KD, worse Punts, worse debuffs/buffs and so on.
Using Parry vs Guard was always a thing on live

Grock

Post#383 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:51 am

Smellybelly wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 amUsing Parry vs Guard was always a thing on live
I'm not sure about that, but im pretty sure it wasn't always possible on RoR.
footpatrol2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 am Pretty sure sulorie was trollin and you guys are fallin for the trap.
doesn't matter, its a valid suggestion :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sulorie

Post#384 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:58 am

It wasn't even a suggestion but this thread is dying down, so I want to revive it like a proper healer.
Dying is no option.

Smellybelly

Post#385 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:22 am

Grock wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:51 am
Smellybelly wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 amUsing Parry vs Guard was always a thing on live
I'm not sure about that, but im pretty sure it wasn't always possible on RoR.
footpatrol2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 am Pretty sure sulorie was trollin and you guys are fallin for the trap.
doesn't matter, its a valid suggestion :)
It might not have always been a thing here but it was a thing on live from Beta up until the end of the game :)

Smellybelly

Post#386 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:58 am It wasn't even a suggestion but this thread is dying down, so I want to revive it like a proper healer.
Well done x)

Alubert

Post#387 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 am

normanis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Alubert wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:33 pm
normanis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm if choppa will get rampage why than slayer cant have gtdc? aoe pull in.
white lion have punce , squigherder got punce where u can even jump on walls.
white lion shitty pull vs mara 100%pull
bw have second morale aoe bomb sorc also got.
etc. maby someday choppa got rampage ( crossfingerz) about slayer dont know ;-(
Man what are you talking about?
You are new in this game or what?
Choppa GDTC skill is equivalent SL ID not rampage. Still choppa GDTC have 30 sec cd vs SL ID 5 sec cd.
First learn classes and then give your brilliant advice.
Rampage is simply the most op skill in the game. Also SM WoDS.
yes right gtdc is useless? wow :D . in zerg vs zerg gtdc is nobrainer pull in while infernal doom need to be aplied on target and its nerfed 2-3 years ago. pull in = death . slayer should run into destro zerg and apply infernall doom while choppa ( who is not targeted by all order dps clases) can do his job safety in guard range. gtdc is buffed and u can do it while moving also if u didnt know it. byt i agree rampage should be higher in tree .
order have only enginer reliable pull, white lion need send pet into enemy zerg and pull (before knock down). and that all no 3d class with pull. out of topic ( i am here from begining and u dont even imagine how forum and ingame advice chat whas full with nerf for kobs 3 tactics. byt in game there was not even first tactic its showed when azoreal and his team fixed it. we all was 10lvl maximum and nerf for order all clases was already opened. there was future plans for t2 byt they where only in some future) if team give rampage for choppa than maby u all need read 1 comic where 5 factions lol on necrons and whnat his nerf so they can start play
I know that my English is very weak but where is it written that GTDC is useless?
I do not want to be rude but you do not read with understanding.
On the contrary, I use it myself on my choppa on ST build. Of course, not to zerg vs zerg fights. I'm just saying cd 30 sec and its ID 5sec counterpart.
Secondly, I do not want rampage on choppa at all. This skill is just too strong and should not exist or should be strongly reduced, eg cd 1 min or should last 4 sec on red and 8 sec on yellow.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Adell

Post#388 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am

Please don’t be stubborn about this Guard change. :cry:

Make Champion’s Challenge or Immaculate Defense shield only instead.
Mowgli | Femto | Megawolf | Darkseid | Skullknight | Bambi
Orz of Norn

"I could feel his muscle tissue collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

Ads
flatfoot1987

Post#389 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am

I only managed to read about 18 pages but I'd like to say a few words as well.

I've always played my tanks in 2h mode only simply because I prefer it from a look/design/lore standpoint. Some classes like SM and BG look rather silly with their shields and onehanders imo.

I also because find defensive snb gameplay utterly boring. And I'm pretty sure that the number of twohander wielding tanks around proves the point that it's plain boring. I do play snb occasionally but only when there's no other way to get things done. As soon as it's finished, I'm back to 2h.

But it's always a purely defensive-oriented setup with me following, guarding and assisting some dps, usually a melee guy obviously. No dps wannabe.

The only snb setup that I found acceptable was the BO but one day I specced mine that way only to find that THC got restricted to 2h only.

Anyway, I'd probably be okay with this guard change if there were some snb options added in the first place. I've always wondered why there's no way to hit someone hard with your shield for example.

I'm sorta grateful though, I have a lot of characters and a lack of time, now I won't be facing such a tough choice cause the tanks are off of my list for some time.
Spoiler:
I played some WoW expansion a few years back, not even sure which one it was but the last time I played a prot warrior prior to that was vanilla WoW and i hated the spec for the same reason, you're harmless. Anyway, in the later versions of the game prot suddenly became fun and you could even play somewhat aggressively. I really miss that kind of stuff in WAR where there's a huge variety of snb classes to choose from
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

shaggyboomboom

Post#390 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 am

Generally curious why haven't any devs responded to the questions about the guard change. I thought communication is key.