Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#401 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 am

Nortard wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 am
shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 am Generally curious why haven't any devs responded to the questions about the guard change. I thought communication is key.
They made some comments about it on discord, Natherul, for example, said that "idea of a 2h tank working over a real tank in PvE is quite troublesome".

Which is kinda funny, because back on live my most memorable PvE moments were stupid gimmicky runs with 2H tanks and grace WP's instead of healers, but to each his own, i guess.
Lol

There is more chance that a mara can tank with a tank guard him due GoM than a 2h tank doing better than a s+b

the only tank 2h that could possible be able to tank as well as a s+b is BG, yet it still underperforming cuz raw lack of block compared to a s+b BG.

Ads
Tobias26

Post#402 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 am

Neil wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 am SM = ShieldMaster
BO = Block Orc
KotBS = Knight of the Blocking Shield
BG = Block Guard
IB = IronBlocker
Chosen = Should use 2h

:mrgreen:
Chosen = CHose Shield in Every haNd
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Lime

Post#403 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:49 am

2h BG = Banished from Group
2h BO = Booted Out
2h IB = Ideally Booted
2h Kotbs = Kicked Outa The Bloody Scenario
2h SM = Sacked Master
2h Chosen = Chose Soloque
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

CytheX

Post#404 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:50 am

I don't know why 2h tanks are so feared, I mean if u push to much ur dps u Wil just melt by guard dmg. 2h thanks can't charge, detaunt execute Inc. Healdebuff and be immune to snare. Yea they can provide some serius dmg but not even close to brained dps. I think u guys doing a great job on keeping this game alive, truly, but still this is a bad change. Pls revert it back

normanis

Post#405 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:41 pm

Alubert wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 am
normanis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Alubert wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Man what are you talking about?
You are new in this game or what?
Choppa GDTC skill is equivalent SL ID not rampage. Still choppa GDTC have 30 sec cd vs SL ID 5 sec cd.
First learn classes and then give your brilliant advice.
Rampage is simply the most op skill in the game. Also SM WoDS.
yes right gtdc is useless? wow :D . in zerg vs zerg gtdc is nobrainer pull in while infernal doom need to be aplied on target and its nerfed 2-3 years ago. pull in = death . slayer should run into destro zerg and apply infernall doom while choppa ( who is not targeted by all order dps clases) can do his job safety in guard range. gtdc is buffed and u can do it while moving also if u didnt know it. byt i agree rampage should be higher in tree .
order have only enginer reliable pull, white lion need send pet into enemy zerg and pull (before knock down). and that all no 3d class with pull. out of topic ( i am here from begining and u dont even imagine how forum and ingame advice chat whas full with nerf for kobs 3 tactics. byt in game there was not even first tactic its showed when azoreal and his team fixed it. we all was 10lvl maximum and nerf for order all clases was already opened. there was future plans for t2 byt they where only in some future) if team give rampage for choppa than maby u all need read 1 comic where 5 factions lol on necrons and whnat his nerf so they can start play
I know that my English is very weak but where is it written that GTDC is useless?
I do not want to be rude but you do not read with understanding.
On the contrary, I use it myself on my choppa on ST build. Of course, not to zerg vs zerg fights. I'm just saying cd 30 sec and its ID 5sec counterpart.
Secondly, I do not want rampage on choppa at all. This skill is just too strong and should not exist or should be strongly reduced, eg cd 1 min or should last 4 sec on red and 8 sec on yellow.
ok i didnt whant also to be rude to u also, rampage like punce is good abilities but are too low in their mastery trees. btw rampage + gtdc is 100% pull in that why it will never bee applied. rampage in mu opinion ( this is mmorpg not rpg) should be grp based x sec grp incease iniative or example ap ( like chopa have) restore 100.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

hammerhead

Post#406 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm

I know the solution! You just need to allow 2H shields!

(\|)o0(|/)

Tobias26

Post#407 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Spoiler:
hammerhead wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm I know the solution! You just need to allow 2H shields!

And prohibit tanks from using other types of weapons
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

dirnsterer

Post#408 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Behold, the future!

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#409 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:35 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:48 pm Behold, the future!
Make it happen.

Balthasar

Post#410 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Dear devs

The recent patch changes to the core tank architype mechanic of guard is ill thought out and has reverberations through the rest of the game. What I write here won’t be new, it has been mentioned earlier, but I feel it’s important to leave my feedback with the rest, even though I am fairly sure it will fall on deaf ears.

The changes effect the small scale community the most, but of course you knew this before pushing the changes through. Your first major mistake when taking this action was to assume all 2 hander builds are dps builds. This is categorically untrue, and assist dps comes lower down the pecking order in a team play environment. Priorities as a tank in your team:

1. Protect your team, primary tool for this is guard.
2. Control the battle field, primary tools for this are you’re CC abilities; snares, roots, knockdowns, punts etc etc
3. Buffs/debuffs, link into priority one, but also link into assist dps.
4. Assist dps, only when you are happy the above 3 priorities are secure do you start with assist dps.

What this change has succeeded in doing is:
• Forced all team playing tanks to slot sword and shield, regardless of the situation.
• Demoted all 2H builds to SOLO/YOLO – they will not be wanted in any groups.
• Reduced IB to a single target buff bot in group environment. In doing so reduced the skill level and enjoyment level of playing these classes. This speaking from an IB perspective, with my poor IB now being shelved as I don’t find the playstyle you have forced on all tanks to be enjoyable. In contrast I did find the utility builds of the 2 hander style very enjoyable to play.
o Additionally for the IB/BG you have removed the only on demand knock down they have, as the shield variant requires block/parry. BG 5 second vs IB 3 second is a topic for another time, even though BG was given cave in!!
• Further reduced diversity of builds in the game.
• Reinforced the rdps pug environment.
• Reinforced the notion that is prevalent in pug environments that 2 hander tanks shouldn’t use guard.

Yali mentioned that 2 hander tanks were offering too much in the way of utility and dps, the only 2 hander tanks that do this consistently are SM and BO. BG and IB can if specced that way but lose too much utility for my group when I do this from an IB perspective. If the SM/BO damage is the problem you are trying to address with this guard change then surely there are other less drastic solutions that don’t impact an entire architypes main role in a group.

What I also can’t get my head around is the fact there are, or should be, more pressing changes for the team to be working on yet time has been expended on this. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it! I am led to believe because you had an influx of players since invader/fort launch this has given you the confidence to make such fundamental changes. I don’t believe you would have made them when the server was back at 600 people peak, but who knows eh! This change is also the best advertisement APOC has had, well done with that.

I sincerely hope you listen to the vast majority of the community on this one and revert this terrible change.
Balthaser (BW)
Grimgarl (SL)/Lovesyou (RP)/Baltha (IB)
Starlion (WL)
Kalathor (CH)