Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
normanis

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#291 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:41 am

well if i corectly remember u can only block guard damage, in ror azoreal(i think he done it) make that tanks also can parry guard damage , its make green light for 2h tanks. now in dps gear geared 2h tanks can also doo prety good damage + take guard damage some clases have even +50parry as a tank so those tankcalses have really upper hand vs who dont have it. why should they play shield and sword tipe ? 2h tanks get buffed and now they will be nerfed.
offc order will be punished more ( swordmaster).
out of topic when we have some chosen/kobs changes? they are aura/guard bots most easest class is chosen because tactic doo all stuff for me vs black orc or black guard where i need use brains. i hope someday chosen got dirty tricks replaced + 25%parry whenever i block. and lowered +15% healtactic.
and black orc trigger da greenest whenver he is hited byt sm need hit someone * heavens blade. is this correct?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Nekkma

Post#292 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:43 am

I just do not get why the change must be so drastic if this should be tested. Start with a 5% reduction, i.e. 45 %, and go from there.

As a sidenote I would be much more in favour of reducing guard effectiveness and/or HTL for snb than for 2h (but please just buff aoedmg instead).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

normanis

Post#293 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:44 am

my sorry mixed defenses replaced with dirty tricks
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Tesq

Post#294 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 am

Spoiler:
Drozen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 am
Tesq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am
Spoiler:
Drozen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 am

I saw it, I dont agree with you for two cents and I have one bg with even better stats for that job. That is not the issue, you as a tank is there to soak up dmg and mitigated dmg for you wb. Yea 10% extra crit is Nice and not a negative.but it dont beat having 2x snb chosen & bo in each group. Before nerfs to kotbs/chosen you could have 1 of those in the wb for buffs/debuff but they where still tanks. It is simply determed to what lvl you wanna play it at, do you wanna play at "optimal" settings or just settle for a "tank Who migh guard and stay in range" you need to provider maximim coveridge for your dps simple as that, and if the tank remove 30-40% Block to that He become less tanky in a setting where dmg is very high and sustained then add guard dmg to that.. No, before yes 2h could have been ok in wb's, not atm if you wanna go optimal setup.
Wanna challenge in building? Show me this bg build /stats then we will see if is appropriate. And your judgement is well repost.
Complitly of topic, topic aint "a 2h bg is valid for wb" but the issue here is guard change... But i will humor you.

https://i.imgur.com/8FiR2Ei.png

https://i.imgur.com/JJWyCO5.png
Spoiler:
Yes i see
why you struggle with bg. Bad res exatly what i tought.

You go around post chosen buff and engi debuff with a max of 20% from res.
Your total dmg reduction can be around 40% if malekit bulwark is slot while mine sit on 60-65%

You avoidance are the same as mine over hold the line 75 84 80

Your ini is wasted due have more than 295 which dont give any benefith you should had use those stats elsewhere.
Since 295 is the safe zone for double debuff.

Toughness has been cap to 75% vs total dmg so going overboard with overcapping is not a good idea. Have 25% magical reduction more can help yoy mitigate more than than 13 dps reduction more xD

( 13 dps reduction = 68 toughneas aka your 1118 vs mine 1050)

Also what chance to be crit you have...you have...anyway wounds pool is the same as mine like 200 plus than mine i sit on 9k

Idk how you can have 75% of parry without any epic quest proc but well lets say i i take these screens as genuine
If Youget hit hard vs order wb is due low Res as expected.

Yes my build is better than your :) granted xD

Since between 13 dps reduction and 25% reduction i win all day long. Also well in addition i also have 6% from HC just to tell it all aka vs bw i likely have 70+% dmg reduction. I also suppose that lower armor is due had slot tough talisman ...bad move... i have 4500 which mean you also take more physical dmg than me xd
As 124 armor are 3% dmg reduction more or less so

You have 13 dps reduction vs mine 14% dmg pahysical dmg reduction and 25% magic reduction, leaving aside hardly concession ... Worst strengh and worst wep skill.
Aka your aoe spam is **** while also taking a lot more dmg.

Yes now we know because you dont have a bg in your wb you dont have one "optimized"... Also il was relevant to the thread at hand because now 2h bg for wb got killed completly
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#295 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:23 am

Devs hold strong with this change!!! ICONIC will show the other premades how it's done

Nishka
Suspended

Post#296 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:28 am

Spoiler:
normanis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:41 am well if i corectly remember u can only block guard damage, in ror azoreal(i think he done it) make that tanks also can parry guard damage , its make green light for 2h tanks. now in dps gear geared 2h tanks can also doo prety good damage + take guard damage some clases have even +50parry as a tank so those tankcalses have really upper hand vs who dont have it. why should they play shield and sword tipe ? 2h tanks get buffed and now they will be nerfed.
offc order will be punished more ( swordmaster).
out of topic when we have some chosen/kobs changes? they are aura/guard bots most easest class is chosen because tactic doo all stuff for me vs black orc or black guard where i need use brains. i hope someday chosen got dirty tricks replaced + 25%parry whenever i block. and lowered +15% healtactic.
and black orc trigger da greenest whenver he is hited byt sm need hit someone * heavens blade. is this correct?
You can parry guard.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Tesq

Post#297 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 am

Kabuterimonga wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 am Finally the magic range dps won't be able to wall hack!

Guard change awesome job, i'm tired of facing premades that where all 2H SM and Kotbs, that **** was mad crazy

love da new changes, breakin da meta is alwayz a gud thing,

Why are 2H players so mad about this change? i've alwayz knew that guards are overpowered, secretly i want em to be a 10s buff on a 20s cooldown, perma guard just ask for players to play as bots followin da main dps. It's a non-skill overpowered ability. Guards are one of the main reasons this game is unbalanced as fuuck. Why are "Organized" guild warbands so much better than PUG warbands? it is because of the composition which is 2/2/2, each dps has their guard, this makes so much easy for guild warband to beat on the not perfect composition pug warband. That in regards of RvR, now you can apply the same principle to smallscale scenario gameplay. You wanna play casual? solo roam / sc? gud luck with that because you will face "organized" premades, which is just a bunch of 2Hander tanks players that guarbot and /assist the main dps. So skilled!
I love massive fights, but what i don't like is watching how one side gets rekt just because there is 1 or 2 guild warbands playing. It's bullying the PUGs that hurts me. I know this game is suposed to be played as a coordinated team, but sometimes you just don't get to do that. What i would recommend on future patches is to balance Organized vs PUGs. Because following leader+guardbot holdin da line+spammin aoe gets boring when you win too easy.
Now you will have offensive s+b premades farm you instead...

With also hold the line ...

so that your rdps cant do ****...

This change has accompllished nothing you belive in and your sich vs premade will never change. It has only kill 2h appereance out of game and some 2h skill leaving off builds off the hook.

In fact my chosen even before this change alredy run a def/ hybrid build for sc and i still top tank dmg and dbs in any pug sc just with 1 off tactic.

Without even ad str you just have to build deep into off masterys and skill r cive tooltips significant increase more than build def and spec off

aa91837

Post#298 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 am

- Ground targeted AOE now properly need LoS to fire off.
great patch devs :!:

p.s. ignore whiners
Nobody on the broken noob class

Ads
Dammy095

Post#299 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 am

aa91837 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 am
- Ground targeted AOE now properly need LoS to fire off.
great patch devs :!:

p.s. ignore whiners
i agree

Charon

Post#300 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:19 am

Spoiler:
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm Ok here we go.

Since the begining of this project we are testing, changing and keeping and removing changes in term of balance.

Purpose is always the same, bringing as much as possible balance to the game. Sometime change against all odds is good, sometime it is not. But fact is, nothing is engraved in the stone.

Server has been patched what.. 4 hours ago, and even some haven't tested anything,some complain, some rejoice, some don't see the reason, some understand the motive.

This test -cause like any change it is a test first- don't come from nowhere and is motivated by players feedbacks complaining that SnB are useless compared with 2H cause tankiness and general archetype tools are not really impacted in facts when DPS is demultiplied and tools even they can be different are still usefull for the group. I personally share this, and have played Snd and 2H tank in smallscale, and lets be honest, i see no advantage to play a SnB tank, excpet in Dungeons OR to Funnel/siege, which is very situationnal...

I guess no one expect that a DPS Healer for exemple heal as much as a pure Heal. We all know the story and the river of tears about this (DOK, WP, AM, Shaman...). When a DPS heal use his basic archetype, heals are divied /2. Thats a player choice, and no one coplains about it (except those you play with in scenario).

For the same reason, I don't see why a DPS tank would have 100% access to his basic tool, and as for for the heal divide guard /2 seems to be fair.

Now, lets put a little perspective in this. Guard hasn't been removed to 2H. It has been halved. Which means, they will absorb less damages from the target they will guard (50/50 > 75/25). Good thing for the player hmself, let received damage, more survivability.

To conclude. There is no crusade against anyone. There is even no realm balance issue. There is in my very honnest opinion some leverage given to SnB tanks vs 2H tanks in term of defensive tools for the group.

To conclude part 2 : Please stay cool and civilised, we can make mistakes, and our purpose is to make the game better not worse in the end. So concrete feedbacks are welcome more than over-reactions :).
By this ""test change"" devs achived something significant

- They created such level of community anger that all of previous Azrael or Torque changes seem to be a children quarrel.
- They reunited both sides of community by annoying them equally.
- They threw into question devs understanding of one of main game archetype to a point that even ppl responsible for community management dont want defend this decision.
- They broke all of long standing pledges how the balance changes (especialy so great) will be implemented.

There is guestion about future scenario:
- will devs show their balls and call off guard changes
- or there will be long war of attrition that at the end will exclude 2h tanks and huge portion of thanks abilities from the game and influence general fall of tanks population

we will see
Last edited by Charon on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)