Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
footpatrol2

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#251 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm

I didn't really see this 2h being able to guard thing as a issue to begin with... so it seems very out of left field and bizarre. I always thought the changing guard arguments were fairly weak and didn't need to be rebutted because noyone would agree with it.

oh well...

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#252 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Elendal wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm i just post to keep you forum warriors busy. do you even do anything meaningful here peter?
I like it when people are asked to present evidence, and can't find any evidence to substantiate their preposterous claims, so they instead resort to ad hominems.

Checkmate.

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#253 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 pm

The dps DOK + 2 handed tank duo team has been kneecapped.

transfer essence nerf
guard nerf

Previously, the best duo team in the game seriously taken down.

Tesq

Post#254 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:57 pm

took me some times but i found where this thread was put into...

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18439

focus offensive thread is in pending review from like 3+ years, instead guard change maybe it would had been better give a try to fix the tactic since this is waiting from 3 years for test... and a variety of solutions in a costructive format, i add, has been given to you...plenty to test and let a la Word of warcraft wanna be tank be played as DD. Posting mine here from page 13 and by fixing FO instaed guard change s+b masterys issues could had also be looked at for all better sake...
Spoiler:
but every healer that wanna dps even ranged one have an anti cc immunity with 1 min CD with M2 the same it have every melee classes.

tanks need the armor becuase they have no snare/root immunity and it could be very dangerous give them one

elaborating all, the dmg buff should be 10% more than the armor debuff and the armor debuff need not to be too much the exemple is mara crit tactic 20/10 so something like

-dmg you do increase + 20%
-dmg you recive increase/armor reduced by +10%
-agro generated - 50%
-guard loose the chance to remove 50% dmg ( so 50% dmg from the guarded became a -50% agro)

50% less agro but cannot 50% remove dmg from other=0%
20 dmg -10 dmg = 10% of buff

this should be kind in line with all other tactics in game not?

in addition:

-challenge became aoe detaunt with a propper CD
-taunt do not interrupt anymore just dmg increase

This should make the dps pure spec viable in both pvp and pve not?

-dmg you do increased + 20%
-dmg you recive increase/armor reduced by +10%
-agro generated - 50%
-cannot guard
-challenge became aoe detaunt with a propper CD
-taunt do not interrupt and threat anymore just dmg increase

pro:
-gona work for became a DD in pve
-gona work as became more like a DD in pvp
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#255 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 am

This is stupid

Gut the viability of 2H tanks who in no way over performing and then say "dont worry guys we will compensate them later with a buff to FO"

2H chosen is even worse now, not ontly remove crippling strikes and in turn give a garbage tactic that ruins the entire tree synergy but now this

who every you devs got you bs information from is full of ****

Liandel

Post#256 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:40 am

buff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 pm This hits the 6v6 me bro players the hardest and that's why you see so much heat on the forums. Guard should have been looked at in live and nerfed for everything outside of RVR. The fact that it still does 50% in SC while allowing a glass cannon dps to stack with your dps tank with no chance of you getting zerged by a wb is stupid. The devs are doing good work here.
The "6v6 bro players" are also an essential part of the community. Last official 6v6 event had hundreds of viewers on Twitch watching multiple different streamers streaming at the same time, and attracted many new players to the game who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise. This change has resulted in next week's 6 v 6 event to be canceled. This is bad. it's unwise to drive everyone but zergers away from the game.

The original game welcomed diverse gameplay styles and therefore you saw a wider variety of fights using different compositions. It made the playerbase more skilled and agile as they had to adapt to multiple fight formats. Dumbing down gameplay to this level breaks the spirit of the original Warhammer.
Liandel AKA Lednail. Chaos Wastes->Phoenix Throne->Gorfang->Badlands->Karak Azgal->Karak Norn->Badlands.
<Obliteration> , <Blitz> , <No Escape>, and <MymidonsX>

Skitup

Post#257 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am

Revert the BO changes, on tree hit combo specifically.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

Landgoat

Post#258 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:02 am

Dear ror how to fix:
1. revert the 2H guard nerf
2. make a statement about what you were trying to achieve with the change to 2H guard
3. repeat steps above when there is a 'bad' change
4. community feedback is key
5. give t'ree hit back to SnB BO
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

Ads
GoshDarn
Banned

Post#259 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 am

Do not take players feedback on sets into consideration, it is quite frankly a waste of time. Actually I would advise ignoring it completely, as players typically lie so they can have an "I win button". It is a gosh darn shame, boy i'll tell ya.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

buff

Post#260 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 am

Liandel wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:40 am
buff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 pm This hits the 6v6 me bro players the hardest and that's why you see so much heat on the forums. Guard should have been looked at in live and nerfed for everything outside of RVR. The fact that it still does 50% in SC while allowing a glass cannon dps to stack with your dps tank with no chance of you getting zerged by a wb is stupid. The devs are doing good work here.
The "6v6 bro players" are also an essential part of the community. Last official 6v6 event had hundreds of viewers on Twitch watching multiple different streamers streaming at the same time, and attracted many new players to the game who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise. This change has resulted in next week's 6 v 6 event to be canceled. This is bad. it's unwise to drive everyone but zergers away from the game.

The original game welcomed diverse gameplay styles and therefore you saw a wider variety of fights using different compositions. It made the playerbase more skilled and agile as they had to adapt to multiple fight formats. Dumbing down gameplay to this level breaks the spirit of the original Warhammer.
If you want to see exactly what happens when a server caters to the 6v6 crowd go look at apoc that thing was like a Test server on live that you only logged in to make templates and do 6v6's. The WB crowd got farmed hard by old school and all the players that came with Avocetti raged off the game.