Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GoshDarn
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#371 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:08 am

I really like the gaurd thing. There is really no reason a person with a 2hander doing more damage needs to be gaining the same mitigation's a tank with less damage capability on their gaurded target.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#372 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:25 am

BurbsToo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 pm
Spoiler:
Lol. Triss, you are a garbage knight. Just shut up. If you actually played instead of sucking **** on the forums, maybe you wouldn't be the bottom of the barrel. I've been afk for a few days and will continue to be afk for a few more. But I've been reading this abortion of a thread. Everything of value has been said by the many competent 2H tanks. Just wanted to chime in, you know, as the most experienced defensive 2h knight on the server to let everyone know that Triss is an idiot and a terrible player. Perfect dev material, actually.
Fast way to get thrown off the forums if I've ever seen one.
Love ya dill nada personal (on both sides) but Liquidater has always been #1 2h knight on server be humble my friend and dont let trolls trigger ya.

As far as the guard thing, could yall at least let them finish rolling out the changes before u whip out Me Ancestors Ol Pitchforks this thread is the #1 example why community isnt involved in anything developing youd tear it apart before anything ever got finished hold on to ur subj snb and ride this till next tank patch like the rest of us. My god certain people make the rest of the community look horrible smh uk how hard it is to find new devs when they look at threads like this and say, this sh.. Isn't worth it
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#373 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:30 am

GoshDarn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:08 am I really like the gaurd thing. There is really no reason a person with a 2hander doing more damage needs to be gaining the same mitigation's a tank with less damage capability on their gaurded target.
If this dude supports the change then you know its horrible.

Proof

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#374 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:48 am

Grock wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:38 pm
hulkhug wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm I will probably attract a lot of aggro for this but I have to say that most tanks are acting like snowflakes. This is not the 1st time something was removed from a class and then tested to see what could be added instead. Let me just say that no other class whined so much like tanks did.
First let me say that use of the word "whine" in this case is disrespective and ignorant to plenty of constructive criticism that was brought up in this tread.

Second it is not just "tank player" who are complaining, it is everyone.

As a Slayer I will be heavily affected by this change because chances of getting proper guard heavily dropped, which means i'll suffer from Sorc bursts and melee train assist even more than before.

A lot of people like to play 2h for reasons beginning with visual aesthetics to having better abilities. This change will not make them switch to different weapon set, instead it will just punish people around them.

And toxicity levels will also get higher because more people will get upset with 2h tanks (just like it happens with dps healers)

People cancelled 6v6 tournament just because they do not agree with the change
Tournament was cancelled because people need to heavily change their strategies and adapt their builds, and with the time left until the tournament its impossible to practice enough.
If they keep playing 2h then they have to build their DPS way more tanky than before.
If they switch to SnB they lose on-demand KD, improved Punts and some damage output.
EIther way there will be less damage output and its a very drastic meta change with a single balance change that was never
discussed, was completely unexpected and uncalled for.

Isn't it common knowledge that all e-sport tournaments are hosted on a patch that can be weeks or months older than Live version?
Specifically because competitive teams need time to adapt and practice.
And despite what average PUG player may think adapting and practicing your strategy actually takes time.
Well said.

TenTonHammer

Post#375 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 am

GoshDarn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:08 am I really like the gaurd thing. There is really no reason a person with a 2hander doing more damage needs to be gaining the same mitigation's a tank with less damage capability on their gaurded target.
Pure BS is what your post is, and it highlights your lack of understanding of the game

First off 2H tanks cant get anywhere near as much mitigation as SnB tanks because the latter also has additional ways to mitigate damage in the form of block

secondly 2H tanks give up access to additional survieablity from being able to block and HTL! along with acess to other powerful abilites and tactics like CH/BO morale pumps for tools in other areas such on demand CC or 2H unquie abilites like crimson death, there are clear tradeoff's that make neither playstlye superior to the other

Luth

Post#376 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 am

GoshDarn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:08 am There is really no reason a person with a 2hander doing more damage needs to be gaining the same mitigation's a tank with less damage capability on their gaurded target.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30944

DokB

Post#377 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 am

I guess a positive thing you can take from this patch is that it weeds out and marks the people who should never be listened to or have any idea entertained in regards to game play balance discussion if they thought for one second that this was a good change.

You've got the majority of high skilled players coming out and saying it's a terrible change, you have numbers and math from a thread that proves how drastic and ridiculous the effect on EHP to guardee targets is, then you have all these mouth breathers coming out of the wood work to say how "It's such a good change!" and "I can't wait to test this! Great change Devs!!!" who probably have never even equipped a 2H in their life and taken it into even a semi serious environment and prefer to just wallow in the shitheap that is pug WB.

And not only that, every single argument no matter how weak and uninformed it is has been refuted easily by people who actually have a clue in this thread. The people who support this guard change are the exact same people who think that 2H tanks aren't even tanks. Just think about that last sentence and let that sink in.

I would like to say this whole thread and patch has been nothing but disappointing but then that would need me to have expected more than nothing anyway. :roll:
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Sulorie

Post#378 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 am

What would have happened, if they kept guard like it was, at 50% damage transfer but removed the ability to parry guard damage?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#379 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 am What would have happened, if they kept guard like it was, at 50% damage transfer but removed the ability to parry guard damage?
With 3500 posts and lots of ingame experience how can you even ask such a question?! :x It would be horrible and broken, just as this patch. Imagine offtanking in PVE, you guarding the maintank for example and your group needs the extra dps you can bring from a 2H weapon, you would insta melt.

Even as the maintank you would melt in seconds when you guard one of the melee dps and the boss does a cleave attack (ofc assuming maintank use snb as he/she should).

Grock

Post#380 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:47 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 am What would have happened, if they kept guard like it was, at 50% damage transfer but removed the ability to parry guard damage?
Then it would be just like before they introduced guard parry a couple of years ago :)

The problem with 2h vs SnB is not with the Guard and never was.
Its with the fact that 2h has better CC and utility tools, while also having slightly more noticeable damage, which simply makes it more fun to play and more impactful (outside of large scale WBs)

If devs have a goal of making SnB tanks more popular outside of WB play then they should go and give SnB tanks actual tools and abilities to use outisde of HtL spam.

Right now SnB has worse KD, worse Punts, worse debuffs/buffs and so on.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)