Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#481 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 pm

I can't post in the balance threads for whatever reason...

Anywho, what about increasing the damage taken (maybe start at 10-15%) while running 2h? This would allow you to provide full 50% guard and keep all of your tools, but force you to spec/gear tanky if you want to survive longer:
•LoL DPS tanks could still have all their goodies, but would have to think twice before slotting FO and spending all of their RR on offensive stats.
•Defensive 2h tanks would still be able to avoid/mitigate a decent amount of damage but would have to pay attention to their health bar more closely and guard swap more while under pressure.
•This would also put more pressure on 2h tanks who run around cross-guarding their way to victory in the PUG SCs.

My 2 cents..

Ads
Ugle

Post#482 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 pm I can't post in the balance threads for whatever reason...

Anywho, what about increasing the damage taken (maybe start at 10-15%) while running 2h? This would allow you to provide full 50% guard and keep all of your tools, but force you to spec/gear tanky if you want to survive longer:
•LoL DPS tanks could still have all their goodies, but would have to think twice before slotting FO and spending all of their RR on offensive stats.
•Defensive 2h tanks would still be able to avoid/mitigate a decent amount of damage but would have to pay attention to their health bar more closely and guard swap more while under pressure.
•This would also put more pressure on 2h tanks who run around cross-guarding their way to victory in the PUG SCs.

My 2 cents..
You probably didnt take the survey i mentioned :p

Jokes aside, 2h tanks with normal guard isnt overperforming in any way, it just needs to be reverted. If you are dead set on fixing "dps tanks", increase FO dmg to 30% and remove ability to guard with the tactic slotted.
Problem solved
inactive

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#483 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:46 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 pm I can't post in the balance threads for whatever reason...

My 2 cents..
I don't see any reason you were removed from balance discussion aside from a single warning. It's been lifted. Probably some overzealous balance mod of the ancient past.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tankbeardz

Post#484 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 pm

Ugle wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

My 2 cents..
You probably didnt take the survey i mentioned :p

Jokes aside, 2h tanks with normal guard isnt overperforming in any way, it just needs to be reverted. If you are dead set on fixing "dps tanks", increase FO dmg to 30% and remove ability to guard with the tactic slotted.
Problem solved
This doesn't really solve the "problem" though. Just because a tank is "DPS" doesn't mean they slot FO.

DokB

Post#485 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 pm

If SnB is so bad in small-scale/scenarios, how come AtomicKnight aka - the best KotBS on the server - always used one? Checkmate atheists.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

adamthelc

Post#486 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:54 am

I think the crux of the situation should be 2h utility vs S/B utility.

Yes there should be a damage and survivability trade off, but guard is utility and shouldnt really be considered in that.

So is losing HTL by itself enough to balance the utility gained from using a 2h? Or does guard need to be reduced to balance it?

This is all just for arguments sake. I dont really support the change.

MayoDaen78

Post#487 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 am

Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am Reducing defensive abilities of a 2h tank is definitely in the right direction

The 2h tanks (dps tanks) have increased dps and keep all the basic tank abilities (Guard, Taunt, Challenge, Heavy armor) for free. Why??

not all 2h tanks go dps man, some actually go defensively as well. and skill like Guard, taunt , Challenge, and Heavy armor are core to tank archetype. The increased dps wont make them like true dps anyway, also they already trade off two things that make tanks a pure tanks : HtL and Block chance ( which is an extra layer of defense that only SnB tanks have access to), block chance is probably the best damage negating tool . It's like parry, disrupt, and dodge all combined in one

I hear ‘I play 2h but its only on defensive role and bla bla bla’… Who are you trying to convince?? Some 5-y old?? You play 2h for the extra dps. If you want extra dps and extra offensive utility, you need to sacrifice some defensive for that, its only fair, just like the other off-spec classes.

whether you like it or not there are some 2h tank that play defensive role, so no it's not bla bla bla like you said, some play defensively some play more like a dps assist which no where near a true dps class. 2h tanks already sacrifice some, what more you want? seems like you want to make 2h tanks a dps class which is just not gonna happen due to difference in archetype ( tanks vs Dps)

I hear ‘whole server is against that change’… You are so deluded.. You need to check expire date on what you are taking.. There are many ppl in both camps.

most are...and I am one of them, so you think I am deluded too then?, I play tank class most of my life since live server to even RoR. Some of those who posted against the change, really gave some valid arguments, I don't understand why you don't see that

Like we cant have a tanky DPS class, that has increased defenses but keeps all the burst/damage output it has (RIP old guardian WL, no one liked it except some who played it and were blinded by its effectiveness)

that's completely different man, old guardian is a broken class because it's a tanky dps with all the mobility still intact, you can't compare that to 2h tank.

I am not sure if Guard should change that much so I present some alternatives towards the basic idea for 2h dps tanks:
Set Guard at 60-40%
Plus reduce total armor by 20% and put it on shield*
Plus change ‘rugged’ tactic to: +80 toughness when 2h, +160 toughness when SnB.

again you asking for more for the trade off, there is FO tactic already available for tank who wants to go dps route, though not many tank even 2h tank will go for that, where they will have to drop their armor by 33% in order to get 15% damage increase

It has to be a trade off between extra dps/offensive utility and defensive skills.. Its only fair..

the trade off already there, you just want to take out more

Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Smellybelly

Post#488 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:17 am

I still dont understand why its a "thing". You simply adapt to the situation as a tank, the amount of incoming dmg in rvr is too high for a 2H setup so you go with shield, done

In small scale/SC the dmg can be handled by competent healers so you can use a 2H weapon. Done.
It offers variety in playstyle and is fun.

Ads
rmpl

Post#489 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:41 am

This is the longest patch notes thread ever, 2nd place with 38 pages.

shaggyboomboom

Post#490 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 am

>Devs nerf SnB tanks
>Devs encourage 2h tanks for small-scale PvP
>People switch over to 2h in small-scale, while SnB tanks still reign supreme in orvr
>Devs nerf 2h because "feedback" (feedback subforum doesn't have a single "nerf 2h tank thread")
What went wrong here 🤔