Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
BurbsToo
Banned
Posts: 49

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#361 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Spoiler:
Lol. Triss, you are a garbage knight. Just shut up. If you actually played instead of sucking **** on the forums, maybe you wouldn't be the bottom of the barrel. I've been afk for a few days and will continue to be afk for a few more. But I've been reading this abortion of a thread. Everything of value has been said by the many competent 2H tanks. Just wanted to chime in, you know, as the most experienced defensive 2h knight on the server to let everyone know that Triss is an idiot and a terrible player. Perfect dev material, actually.
Fast way to get thrown off the forums if I've ever seen one.

Ads
User avatar
BurbsToo
Banned
Posts: 49

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#362 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Spoiler:
Well, not Secrets. Secrets is a gentleman and a scholar.

User avatar
hulkhug
Posts: 72

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#363 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm

I will probably attract a lot of aggro for this but I have to say that most tanks are acting like snowflakes. This is not the 1st time something was removed from a class and then tested to see what could be added instead. Let me just say that no other class whined so much like tanks did (this change does not effect tanks only btw).

Did you all forget how long it took to get to rvr system we have today and through what kind of changes we went through and for how long?

Or did you forget class changes like magus/engi where they were left with horrible specs while testing some stuff for months and months or by having no knockdown for a week (our only proper defense).
Did we forget how long it took to nerf kotbs tactic so he wouldn't hard counter shaman with 1 ability?
Heck, magus/engineer pet is still taking full aoe damage and you do not see us crying on the forum like crazy even though we are losing even our niche spot in warbands.

There are some nice suggestion posts here which are swamped by uncalled drama. People cancelled 6v6 tournament just because they do not agree with the change + some posts mention that 6v6 tourney is not to test the game? Since when did we become something other than testers? Where does this entitlement come from.

Some even say that it should be tested by more people. I doubt more than 100 ppl would test and to get proper results you need a lot more testers and even more results.

So yeah, can we get real for a moment and stop with the drama and remember that not one bad change stayed as it is without devs adjusting the change (adding something else or buffing the change) or reverted it after some testing or planning to do something in future?

TLDR: I call for peace.
Last edited by hulkhug on Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nishka
Posts: 955

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#364 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:34 pm

I see people are still nervous and ready to explode, so I guess I'll refrain from commenting on this topic for some time
Image
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

User avatar
Grock
Posts: 587

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#365 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:38 pm

hulkhug wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm
I will probably attract a lot of aggro for this but I have to say that most tanks are acting like snowflakes. This is not the 1st time something was removed from a class and then tested to see what could be added instead. Let me just say that no other class whined so much like tanks did.
First let me say that use of the word "whine" in this case is disrespective and ignorant to plenty of constructive criticism that was brought up in this tread.

Second it is not just "tank player" who are complaining, it is everyone.

As a Slayer I will be heavily affected by this change because chances of getting proper guard heavily dropped, which means i'll suffer from Sorc bursts and melee train assist even more than before.

A lot of people like to play 2h for reasons beginning with visual aesthetics to having better abilities. This change will not make them switch to different weapon set, instead it will just punish people around them.

And toxicity levels will also get higher because more people will get upset with 2h tanks (just like it happens with dps healers)

People cancelled 6v6 tournament just because they do not agree with the change
Tournament was cancelled because people need to heavily change their strategies and adapt their builds, and with the time left until the tournament its impossible to practice enough.
If they keep playing 2h then they have to build their DPS way more tanky than before.
If they switch to SnB they lose on-demand KD, improved Punts and some damage output.
EIther way there will be less damage output and its a very drastic meta change with a single balance change that was never
discussed, was completely unexpected and uncalled for.

Isn't it common knowledge that all e-sport tournaments are hosted on a patch that can be weeks or months older than Live version?
Specifically because competitive teams need time to adapt and practice.
And despite what average PUG player may think adapting and practicing your strategy actually takes time.
Orkni
Image

User avatar
hulkhug
Posts: 72

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#366 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Grock wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:38 pm
hulkhug wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm
I will probably attract a lot of aggro for this but I have to say that most tanks are acting like snowflakes. This is not the 1st time something was removed from a class and then tested to see what could be added instead. Let me just say that no other class whined so much like tanks did.
First let me say that use of the word "whine" in this case is disrespective and ignorant to plenty of constructive criticism that was brought up in this tread.

Second it is not just "tank player" who are complaining, it is everyone.

As a Slayer I will be heavily affected by this change because chances of getting proper guard heavily dropped, which means i'll suffer from Sorc bursts and melee train assist even more than before.

A lot of people like to play 2h for reasons beginning with visual aesthetics to having better abilities. This change will not make them switch to different weapon set, instead it will just punish people around them.

And toxicity levels will also get higher because more people will get upset with 2h tanks (just like it happens with dps healers)

People cancelled 6v6 tournament just because they do not agree with the change
Tournament was cancelled because people need to heavily change their strategies and adapt their builds, and with the time left until the tournament its impossible to practice enough.
If they keep playing 2h then they have to build their DPS way more tanky than before.
If they switch to SnB they lose on-demand KD, improved Punts and some damage output.
EIther way there will be less damage output and its a very drastic meta change with a single balance change that was never
discussed, was completely unexpected and uncalled for.

Isn't it common knowledge that all e-sport tournaments are hosted on a patch that can be weeks or months older than Live version?
Specifically because competitive teams need time to adapt and practice.
And despite what average PUG player may think adapting and practicing your strategy actually takes time.
I did mention that there are good posts which are swamped by drama and negativity. I also did edit a bit before you posted that everyone is affected by this change, not just tanks (I myself can not survive some things while guarded by twohanded tank anymore).

I respect 6v6 scene or any hardcore premade. It takes time, dedication and will to go through cons of players and work on them as a team. I do feel it is a bit weird that it was cancelled because everyone is in the same boat but that is just my opinion of course.

There are some sports like Muay Thais where you have no idea who your opponent is until the fight itself due to gambling etc. (this is mostly for fights held in Thailand though). Just a random info lol

When I mentioned whine I did not mean the constructive posts like Volgos and some other people but if we are honest then we can admit that there is 1 page of good posts vs 34 of drama.

I just wish we all do this testing as it affects everyone and then come back with even more constructive feedback. Just my 2cents.

User avatar
Luth
Posts: 2857

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#367 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:04 pm

hulkhug wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm
I will probably attract a lot of aggro for this but I have to say that most tanks are acting like snowflakes. This is not the 1st time something was removed from a class and then tested to see what could be added instead. Let me just say that no other class whined so much like tanks did (this change does not effect tanks only btw).
Tanks are not a class and guard is not a class ability.

User avatar
Feanor
Posts: 24

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#368 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 am

hulkhug wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 pm

TLDR: I call for peace.
I call for peace, you whiny entitled crying drama ***** snowflakes.

Galaxy Brain . jpg

Ads
GoshDarn
Banned
Posts: 105

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#369 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:56 am

Tesq wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 am
GoshDarn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 am
Do not take players feedback on sets into consideration, it is quite frankly a waste of time. Actually I would advise ignoring it completely, as players typically lie so they can have an "I win button". It is a gosh darn shame, boy i'll tell ya.
Yes we """ lie """meanwhile on the dev quest to make the game better ignoring our ad personam stuff black ork recived

While in need just for 2h avoidance

-a panic button for both s+b and 2h (but his alredy s+b panic button is still there be shitty compared to SM wods)
-but is on 2h mastery
-it's better than vigilance and when i say better i mean it buff ALL possible def stats a class can have (QQ)
-it's also a dmg buff (QQ)
-it have an update time of 66% vs 50% of rest stuff in game (QQ and basically what make cheese some of the most cheese stuff in game)
- it have the lol trade out ever seen

Dev should alredy know who give objective and neutral feedback by now, we are in this boat of a project by 5 years alredy and for some of us this make 9- 10 years of game considering live with ppl mostly also playing 2 sides which mean they want all class have conpetitive stuff and with issues staying in game from live beta....with no one taking care of em, with feedback and proposal be made consistently but be over and over ignored in favor of dev agenda...you could argue "their house their will"but this not a matter of who holds the power its a matter to get results at balancing.

-s+b ch/kobs punt has been nerfed because on the base that they were too much prevalent in sc ( aswl other s+b changes)
- now all 2h tank get nerf because they are too much prevalent in small scale?

Really?! This should give a long way to explain the madness some of us are living. Any can bring some sense into this project patch history please?! This feel like more and more like league of legends with patch pushed just for the sake of changes rather than have a balanced game.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

GoshDarn
Banned
Posts: 105

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#370 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:01 am

Tesq wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 am
GoshDarn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 am
Do not take players feedback on sets into consideration, it is quite frankly a waste of time. Actually I would advise ignoring it completely, as players typically lie so they can have an "I win button". It is a gosh darn shame, boy i'll tell ya.
Yes we """ lie """meanwhile on the dev quest to make the game better ignoring our ad personam stuff black ork recived

While in need just for 2h avoidance

-a panic button for both s+b and 2h (but his alredy s+b panic button is still there be shitty compared to SM wods)
-but is on 2h mastery
-it's better than vigilance and when i say better i mean it buff ALL possible def stats a class can have (QQ)
-it's also a dmg buff (QQ)
-it have an update time of 66% vs 50% of rest stuff in game (QQ and basically what make cheese some of the most cheese stuff in game)
- it have the lol trade out ever seen

Dev should alredy know who give objective and neutral feedback by now, we are in this boat of a project by 5 years alredy and for some of us this make 9- 10 years of game considering live with ppl mostly also playing 2 sides which mean they want all class have conpetitive stuff and with issues staying in game from live beta....with no one taking care of em, with feedback and proposal be made consistently but be over and over ignored in favor of dev agenda...you could argue "their house their will"but this not a matter of who holds the power its a matter to get results at balancing.

-s+b ch/kobs punt has been nerfed because on the base that they were too much prevalent in sc ( aswl other s+b changes)
- now all 2h tank get nerf because they are too much prevalent in small scale?

Really?! This should give a long way to explain the madness some of us are living. Any can bring some sense into this project patch history please?! This feel like more and more like league of legends with patch pushed just for the sake of changes rather than have a balanced game.
HEY. You had better watch it buddy. You think this is a game? It is about to get real flippant in this place. One more logical crack like that, and you will be receiving cordial backlash buddy. You had better watch your step, I won't warn you again.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests