Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#351 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm A SnB is a tank. A 2h tank is...not..a tank. Let SnB be the true guards. I like this :)
Ignorant.

Ads
abodam

Post#352 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 pm

As mentioned couple of times -and after testing
SnB are not represented in small scale due to lack of on-demand CC on some classes (BG) and long CD on Punt. Mirroring punt CD (or even swapping cd with 2H) and removing Great weapon requirements on CC and even damage skills (BO) would help to remedy this and offer move viable specs. Offering more options instead of removing them is always more welcomed approach.

Notion that 2H tanks are picked because of the damage they offer is false, you can run damage SnB same way you can run 2H. 2H tanks were played due to them having more viable control (thats what tanks do) and if specced correctly decent survivability,

Couple of tanks were designed from the start as 2H - Swordmaster comes to mind as biggest example, they even have extra avoidance channel skill to 2H.

From what I have seen majority of tanks who play in groups swapped to SnB and fights are longer and overall less kills are happening.

Otherwise good change to AoE which seems to be forgotten in this major reaction to major change. Fort takes might be extremely hard in prime time tho.
Magus / BG

Tobias26

Post#353 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Spoiler:
Telen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:16 pm
oaliaen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm I repeat, you nerf the tank/dps potential .. why not nerf the heal/dps in the same amount from healers?

do they have something special to make damage and still heal for a good amount?
Well healers archetype role is to heal. Tanks archetype role is to mitigate damage. So the equivalent to guard for dps healers is their healing. Which is already greatly reduced. Of course if tanks want their full archetype damage mitigation then dps healers should heal as well as pure healers.

Sounds good to me.
Only you forgot that the healers in dps build cause much more damage than tanks with 2h, even in full offense. Especially chosen/knight. Therefore, your conclusion is fundamentally wrong.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Grock

Post#354 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Spoiler:
Telen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:16 pm
oaliaen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm I repeat, you nerf the tank/dps potential .. why not nerf the heal/dps in the same amount from healers?

do they have something special to make damage and still heal for a good amount?
Well healers archetype role is to heal. Tanks archetype role is to mitigate damage. So the equivalent to guard for dps healers is their healing. Which is already greatly reduced. Of course if tanks want their full archetype damage mitigation then dps healers should heal as well as pure healers.

Sounds good to me.
Only you forgot that the healers in dps build cause much more damage than tanks with 2h, even in full offense. Especially chosen/knight. Therefore, your conclusion is fundamentally wrong.
He also forgot that dps healers build intelligence, while 2h tanks can build whatever they feel like, for example 1000+ Toughness.

He's comparing build path to a weapon choice, its ridiculous.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Luth

Post#355 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:03 pm

The fairytale, that equipping a 2H weapon automatically means a huge damage increase, still circulates; this wrong assumption was the base for changing the guard ability. This could have been tested/deducted and revealed as wrong in 5-10 minutes even by someone with dyscalculia, possessing only a minimal talent in logical thinking and some basic knowledge about the game.
Nonetheless, some people still believe in it and feel that it is a positive change.

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#356 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Not sure if anybody else has done the basic math on this one since I cba to read through the entire thread, but this actually more than a 50% nerf

Say if your guardee has 1000 health, normal guard increases their effective HP to 2000. With only a 25% damage shift, that effective HP drops to 1333. ie, it's only a 33% increase to effective HP (or 1/0.75)

That's a 66% nerf to THE most basic function of being a tank in this game, simply for having the audacity to equip a 2h. The effect is so laughably small that it's questionably worth guarding pugs if you have any question as to their capability or target selection

It would be interesting if Focused Offence was buffed to make it worth using with this added to it(similar to Divine Fury for healers), but such a massive nerf to something that was a total nonissue makes absolutely no sense

The people saying that 2h tanks aren't tanks are misguided. Even though you put on a 2h, your role is still to protect your teammates and keep them alive, provide useful CC and buffs/debuffs, and be the person on the objective. Putting the 2h on just lets you provide more assist damage in exchange for survivability(esp in RvR). It doesn't change the fact though that the above are your primary roles, and that even if you try to go full DPS you won't come close to their damage output (Unless you're a SM, maybe)

The penalty of using a 2h while guarding has always been there...being unable to block the incoming guard damage means you're going to die faster or possibly have to drop guard to stay alive

Regarding 2h being better than SnB in small group PvP, I really fail to see what's wrong with that, especially given that 2h is pretty bad in RvR. It's called build diversity. Different specs are supposed to be good at different things. That's a good thing. This is like nerfing BW AoE because the single target ones aren't getting high enough contribution scores in RvR

Even if you think SnB needs to be made better in small engagements, then why not just buff SnB? This is a totally lazy solution and doesn't improve the usefulness of SnB at all

This change is short sighted and just completely guts the ability to play a 2h TANK. Now your choice is either deftard SnB(assuming your class has a viable SnB build that is) or useless wannabe DPS with higher armour values

Elendal

Post#357 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:26 pm

guys just stop and play the game

Mercenary

Post#358 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Can't cause we have to play boring snb-specc

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Post#359 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Spoiler:
Mercenary wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm
Roll a mdps then
Keep it relevant to patchnotes please.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Grock

Post#360 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:47 pm

Spoiler:
Nishka wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 pm
Mercenary wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Roll a mdps then
what if they're not into masochism?
Keep it relevant to patchnotes please.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)