Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Eathisword
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 804

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#341 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:43 pm

So the devs decided to make that 2h only lol?

Also thanks for calling me clueless when the SM/BO proc easily accounts for most of their dps output in any kind of decent group.

t. someone who leaves their DPS meter on all the time and looks at it after scenarios etc...
Yes. THC is 2H only. Then you cannot slot Big choppin tactic. So, you don't invest points in brawler. So Wot armor is weaker (and you AA are less strong) and so is Skull Thumper procs (which iirc has an iternal CD now, which it didn't before).

As thing stand right now, the damage difference between between a 2H BO and SnB is huge for single target. You can pad damage with AoE fluff. But it really is not at all in the same league as it used to be a while back, when everyone was running SnB BO, that could also pump M4 every minute.

Most SnB tanks are very bland for everything now. Except maybe knight.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
User avatar
Jaycub
Posts: 3135

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#342 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 pm

That's pretty sad, Blorc was fun 2h or SnB. Though going 2h was a giant meme because you literally got nothing from doing so besides an insignificant damage boost from 2h stats.

Every single community discussion on the matter of 2h blorc in terms of "how to make it viable" revolved around changing Da big un or giving it something extra... not by taking things away from snb and giving it to 2h.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

User avatar
rmpl
Posts: 766

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#343 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 pm
That's pretty sad, Blorc was fun 2h or SnB. Though going 2h was a giant meme because you literally got nothing from doing so besides an insignificant damage boost from 2h stats.

Every single community discussion on the matter of 2h blorc in terms of "how to make it viable" revolved around changing Da big un or giving it something extra... not by taking things away from snb and giving it to 2h.
You're right, it was completely unnecessary before 2h requirement and after they had made THC 2h only going 2h became sort-of-mandatory, which is why BO was given You Wot! to help the class survive with 2h. Right now the class is a really bad state, same with SM.

And yeah I didn't mean to call you clueless, just really upset about this change that's all.

retekelek
Posts: 80

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#344 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:35 pm

DanielWinner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 pm

SnB tanks are your shields. They are the armour of your WB. They are the main defense of your WB, especially at fortresses. That's sad that some people think that SnB tanks are bad. They are boring and dull, that's true but they have a role in the game whereas 2h tanks don't have it anymore (except yolo soloing). SnB tanks can do their part, even as meat shields like Hogun or Nishka - they serve their duty perfectly being punching bags so others could enjoy their game.

Killing 2h tanks to somehow give SnB tanks more attention is a questionable idea but devs decided that this is the way. Dev team are free to do what they want. And you all are free to like or dislike the change and stay or move on and enjoy something else somewhere else ;)
Thats a point, i can now play my chosen as a dps spot in a 6man, its fun 3 tank 1 regular dps and 2 healer setup, but no thank you for any more role beside that. Im not gona play it as a tank role anyomre, which sounds ridiculous for a class named tank but it is what it is, the devs decided. I know i can like or dislike it, and i stick whit the second one.
The idea is questionable because why do the owners if this server want to reduce the variability of playstyles? The choice to go snb was up before this patch too, thats not gona do, something to be more intresting to play, this is just forcing you to play only 1 way, if you want to be a tank in your party/wb. I understand the devs trying to balance the game, but for what i wrote i dont think this is a right way to do it.
Im really hoping after some reconsider this change will get reverted.

User avatar
DanielWinner
Posts: 727
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#345 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:38 pm

retekelek wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:35 pm
DanielWinner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Spoiler:

SnB tanks are your shields. They are the armour of your WB. They are the main defense of your WB, especially at fortresses. That's sad that some people think that SnB tanks are bad. They are boring and dull, that's true but they have a role in the game whereas 2h tanks don't have it anymore (except yolo soloing). SnB tanks can do their part, even as meat shields like Hogun or Nishka - they serve their duty perfectly being punching bags so others could enjoy their game.

Killing 2h tanks to somehow give SnB tanks more attention is a questionable idea but devs decided that this is the way. Dev team are free to do what they want. And you all are free to like or dislike the change and stay or move on and enjoy something else somewhere else ;)
Thats a point, i can now play my chosen as a dps spot in a 6man, its fun 3 tank 1 regular dps and 2 healer setup, but no thank you for any more role beside that. Im not gona play it as a tank role anyomre, which sounds ridiculous for a class named tank but it is what it is, the devs decided.
I doubt you could play chosen as dps since it's a well known to deal the least damage of all 3 tanks of destro. Same as knight. And believe me, I tried to push all I could from dps knight but it doesn't worth such effort, it won't pay out.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha
Image

retekelek
Posts: 80

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#346 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Spoiler:
DanielWinner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:38 pm
retekelek wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:35 pm
DanielWinner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Spoiler:

SnB tanks are your shields. They are the armour of your WB. They are the main defense of your WB, especially at fortresses. That's sad that some people think that SnB tanks are bad. They are boring and dull, that's true but they have a role in the game whereas 2h tanks don't have it anymore (except yolo soloing). SnB tanks can do their part, even as meat shields like Hogun or Nishka - they serve their duty perfectly being punching bags so others could enjoy their game.

Killing 2h tanks to somehow give SnB tanks more attention is a questionable idea but devs decided that this is the way. Dev team are free to do what they want. And you all are free to like or dislike the change and stay or move on and enjoy something else somewhere else ;)
Thats a point, i can now play my chosen as a dps spot in a 6man, its fun 3 tank 1 regular dps and 2 healer setup, but no thank you for any more role beside that. Im not gona play it as a tank role anyomre, which sounds ridiculous for a class named tank but it is what it is, the devs decided.
I doubt you could play chosen as dps since it's a well known to deal the least damage of all 3 tanks of destro. Same as knight. And believe me, I tried to push all I could from dps knight but it doesn't worth such effort, it won't pay out.
I have setup that works well for that, i got nice damage and db-s in sc-s, but its full offense, im squshy as a dps and im corssgaurding whit my def tank:) just reach strg softcap whit deamonclaw and run focused offense.

User avatar
Brizio
Posts: 79

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#347 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:44 pm

Because of this ppl even stopped complaining about mallus! :lol:

User avatar
Warfare80
Posts: 220

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#348 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm

A SnB is a tank. A 2h tank is...not..a tank. Let SnB be the true guards. I like this :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#349 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Warfare80 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm
A SnB is a tank. A 2h tank is...not..a tank. Let SnB be the true guards. I like this :)
They always were the true guards for RvR (main part of game): try guarding someone with a 2h when pitted against hordes of ranged DPS and tell me how long you survive.

SnB = SnB tank
2h = 2h tank
Image

User avatar
Telen
Posts: 2351
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#350 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:16 pm

oaliaen wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm
I repeat, you nerf the tank/dps potential .. why not nerf the heal/dps in the same amount from healers?

do they have something special to make damage and still heal for a good amount?
Well healers archetype role is to heal. Tanks archetype role is to mitigate damage. So the equivalent to guard for dps healers is their healing. Which is already greatly reduced. Of course if tanks want their full archetype damage mitigation then dps healers should heal as well as pure healers.

Sounds good to me.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests