Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#281 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:33 am

Post number 278 was completely uncalled for. I am not happy with this change but damn, petty name calling won't resolve anything. My response will amount to little more than playing something other than a tank. Which is, I think, the camouflaged 300 pound gorilla in the room.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Manatikik

Post#282 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 am

So far in this thread every name defending/praising the change is a solo’er or pugger. And every person that has commented that is from an organized group background (WB and 6v6) has displayed their displeasure about it.

If that isn’t indicative about what the team is balancing towards then I don’t know what is. But I guess leadership just want to keep pushing no-competition or organization LOLhammer.
<Montague><Capulet>

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#283 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:09 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 am So far in this thread every name defending/praising the change is a solo’er or pugger. And every person that has commented that is from an organized group background (WB and 6v6) has displayed their displeasure about it.

If that isn’t indicative about what the team is balancing towards then I don’t know what is. But I guess leadership just want to keep pushing no-competition or organization LOLhammer.
ICONIC approves the change

Bram

Post#284 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:18 am

Days since making stupid balance changes: 0.

Jaycub

Post#285 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:55 am

Kabuterimonga wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 am Finally the magic range dps won't be able to wall hack!

Guard change awesome job, i'm tired of facing premades that where all 2H SM and Kotbs, that **** was mad crazy

love da new changes, breakin da meta is alwayz a gud thing,

Why are 2H players so mad about this change? i've alwayz knew that guards are overpowered, secretly i want em to be a 10s buff on a 20s cooldown, perma guard just ask for players to play as bots followin da main dps. It's a non-skill overpowered ability. Guards are one of the main reasons this game is unbalanced as fuuck. Why are "Organized" guild warbands so much better than PUG warbands? it is because of the composition which is 2/2/2, each dps has their guard, this makes so much easy for guild warband to beat on the not perfect composition pug warband. That in regards of RvR, now you can apply the same principle to smallscale scenario gameplay. You wanna play casual? solo roam / sc? gud luck with that because you will face "organized" premades, which is just a bunch of 2Hander tanks players that guarbot and /assist the main dps. So skilled!
I love massive fights, but what i don't like is watching how one side gets rekt just because there is 1 or 2 guild warbands playing. It's bullying the PUGs that hurts me. I know this game is suposed to be played as a coordinated team, but sometimes you just don't get to do that. What i would recommend on future patches is to balance Organized vs PUGs. Because following leader+guardbot holdin da line+spammin aoe gets boring when you win too easy.
If guard is overpowered how does just removing it from 2h tanks make it any less so? This game was built as a mass RvR game where you have hundreds of people fighting in one area guard is necessary to stop people from just dying in 2 seconds to AoE and absolutely mandatory for mdps to function in any environment. This change doesn't just effect small scale.

The line between a properly built 2h tank and a snb one is paper thin in many cases, look at blorc. Go watch any of the fusion vods you will see ppl like dalgri doing disgusting dmg with a shield while bringing all the utility 2h does. You choose 2h/snb for 1 or 2 key abilities not to become a dps. All this change does is force people into a certain spec.

Premades aren't going to stop smashing pugs, they will just run snb. Swordmasters are basically on suicide watch atm hence why I said this a totally destro biased change. And 3-2-1 comps also exist, you don't need to run SM/Blorc to have insane dps output in scenarios via a melee train, and destro hasn't lost any ability to do this while order def has.

This game doesn't have the population to support a friendly pug environment, been over this years ago here. And you still see people coming into pug sc on bw/sorc w/ a pocket racking up disgusting kills.

All this change does is kill tank spec diversity for no reason, and absolutely ruins SM.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Lime

Post#286 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:58 am

Already can tell it is much harder to find tanks for small man grouping, now that they are forced full deftard. Tanks no longer have the carrot of fun 2h utility builds to look forward too. I expect many to switch to dps classes as tanks become more of a guardbot squire as they lose their effective fighting utilities like KD, fast punt, wounds debuffs, dps channels.

Can definitely see the mass exodus from Swordmaster and my Kotbs is much less enjoyable without a wounds debuff and fast punt. I expect 80% of swordmasters and 50% of knights will jump ship to something more fun leaving people scrambling for tanks willing to squire them around.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Manatikik

Post#287 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:05 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:09 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 am So far in this thread every name defending/praising the change is a solo’er or pugger. And every person that has commented that is from an organized group background (WB and 6v6) has displayed their displeasure about it.

ICONIC approves the change
Like I said puggers :P
<Montague><Capulet>

Grock

Post#288 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:08 am

The guard effectiveness wasn't halved, it was reduced to a third.

25% damage reduction is +33% effective health increase.
50% damage reduction is +100% effective health increase.

"Balance" is not something that exists on its own.
Any balance change should always have a context, cause and goal. What were you trying to achieve out there?

So far it seems the devs are determined to shoehorn all 2h tank builds into DPS role, which isn't particularly exciting since it just reduces build diversity and makes the game more boring.

If the goal was to make SnB more appealing to play then you should've started with making SnB stronger and more interesting to play, instead of having them be boring Guard/HtL buffbots with weaker CC and worse utility/buffs/debuffs compared to 2h.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Tobias26

Post#289 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:25 am

If developers want to increase dps of 2h tanks, thus having reduced guard efficiency - they needed to do all this at once. Now they just destroyed 6 specs in the game, and 4 of them were already useless in the form in which devs obviously see them (do damage).
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Keula

Post#290 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am

I just had a really dumb Idea. If you're really sticking with this guard change, make Focused Offense revert the guard damage back to 50% when using 2H. Why you might ask? Idk might make the tactic somewhat useful...
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM