Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#221 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pmI love the fact you read what you want by putting aside what you want too :).
Yali, the day you actually reply to a concern, not just of mine, of anyone, without going into an unrelated diatribe that doesnt answer the topic at all, i will actually put the time and effort of reading all of it and wont put aside any of it.

Since that day has yet to come, i guess we will both continue with our usual routine.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#222 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Penril wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm
Telen wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:26 pm I doubt many would care if the devs gave themselves a shortcut. I want them playing the classes so they can see the problems some have.
Isn't gearing up from scratch a problem some players might have? Not saying the gearing is bad atm cause i havent played for uhmmm a year maybe? But it is something to keep in mind.
It is. And the staff politics about it is clear. Modifying stats (gear, jewels...) and level is a total no go. Appearence stuff is okayish, cause atleast it can be used as a showcase of future skins, dyes and mounts.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#223 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm sorry, I really didn't want to do this, but I feel you forced my hand.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ame=Skorri

Here's an item players can't get on a character belonging to one of the staff members.
Not a huge deal in my opinion, it's just cosmetic, but you're against that, and wargrimnir stated that having items like this would lead to removal from the team.

Another example, one of Torquemadra's characters:
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ame=Svanne

It's pretty much impossible for someone to get full oppressor gear at r58. You only start getting the medallions when you're r51. It requires close to 150 hours of playing, assuming a 50% win rate.

And for the record, I personally wasn't against cosmetic items for staff back when I was GM and the matter came up, in the context of Torque being caught walking around in full annihilator on his WH, when players couldn't even get those items yet.
Last edited by magicthighs on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olszewski

Post#224 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm

So are you saying its no go for all staff members that play against others to have gear that no one has access to or has made up to give them a upper hand when playing? Ill wait for a response to say something else.
Last edited by Olszewski on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#225 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Thx a lot Magic.

Would have been better in private, but I guess you were looking for a drama :).

Some people will have to give some explanations and probably suffer huge restrictions of their "privileges", and some not, according they have left the server and the project.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#226 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:52 pm

If you wanted to do this in private, why didn't you PM me? You're the one who chose to do this out in the open, not me.

Edit: I didn't even dig deep, there are multiple staff characters that have been leveled up with dot commands, given renown ranks and gear. Just search the armory for more examples. Notice how Skorri is rr65 but only has anni as his highest gear? That's a bit odd, don't you think?
Edit: correction, I've been made aware that magnet engies with a defensive build use this setup. My apologies. Doesn't change the fact that he has that back item, though.

So, given that I'm right about staff giving themselves gear that players have to work hard for, or can't even obtain, don't you think that maybe they should tone it down a little when people complain that it's hard to gear up?
Last edited by magicthighs on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#227 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 pmThx a lot Magic.

Would have been better in private, but I guess you were looking for a drama :).
No, he even told you already, he is pointing out hypocresy.

And since i also knew about all of this without belonging to the staff at all at any point, just like i know this has been discusses internally already, the problem is that the "private way" does not work at all and we are forced to "stir ****" again and again, just to see things change at all.

You lot keep covering each other while denouncing anyone who points it as terrible people, it got from tiring to sad long ago already.

Olszewski

Post#228 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 pm

I also knew about this for a long time. This was abused mostly during NA time SC's. Probably because it was less likely to be reported due to population level. Yet get called out for gang up on staff members in SC's. Yet we where wondering why they were hard to kill compared to other ppl. A view of the armory it was solid proof team members gave them self upper hand gear and ect. Expecting ppl probably dont look at the armory.

Ads
Eathisword

Post#229 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Jesus... staff gave themselves items... who cares... it took me 13 months to get full conq... I was in anni + BL. Didnt prevent me to play.

Gear gap is a near non-factor here.

Probably will take some of us a year to get invader. Doesn’t matter.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#230 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:10 pm Jesus... staff gave themselves items... who cares... it took me 13 months to get full conq... I was in anni + BL. Didnt prevent me to play.

Gear gap is a near non-factor here.

Probably will take some of us a year to get invader. Doesn’t matter.
I care. If 1 person in the team creates suspicions, the whole team become suspect. Gonna sensitize the team a bit more and remind basics.