Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#201 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 am

Lesnoj wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am
Hargrim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Yes, it is strange, because there are games that cater to the people that doesn't have time to play the games that require some bigger time investments.
No, it is not strange, some of us have families / work and real life activities.
Surprised?
Those people are not forced to get or even need all items available. With limited time, you should pick different goals for your game time.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#202 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am

Lesnoj wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am No, it is not strange, some of us have families / work and real life activities.
Surprised?

You sound like real snowflake with all those families, work and life activities, literally like no one else on those forums. I think I shouldn't be surprised.

Thing is, there are games that cater to people that can spend that 30-60 minutes to play the game. Go play them instead of trying to change the scope of multi-million MMO game people chose to resurrect for free.

Telen
Suspended

Post#203 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 am

First you get the Tyrant, then you get the Power, then you get the Women.
You wont have time for games once you have a full glyph set you'll be too busy getting laid.

abodam

Post#204 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:28 am

I dont understand this "sets too hard to get". Getting gear on RoR is much more easier than on Live, both in PvP and PvE, recent discounts helped a lot.
Magus / BG

Ugle

Post#205 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 am

Iirc on live you got medallions/crests for city sets too in orvr ;)
inactive

peterthepan3

Post#206 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 am

Lesnoj wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am
Hargrim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:26 pm
wiscel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm Yes, is that so strange? It's the same thing with Gunbad. During European daytime there are hardly any people doing Gunbad. Good luck on getting the wards to get your sentinel gear.

Yes, it is strange, because there are games that cater to the people that doesn't have time to play the games that require some bigger time investments.
No, it is not strange, some of us have families / work and real life activities.
Surprised?
Not to sound rude, but...why play ROR if it doesn't work with your irl activities? Like if I knew a certain game wouldn't really work for me due to being a bit grindy or whatever, I'd either play another game, or try to achieve a level of satisfaction with the first game that would take into account my irl activities (aka I wouldn't expect to have the best gear, or the highest rr, or this or that - but I'd still try to have fun knowing this).

I know plenty of people with families and work who still manage to accumulate the RR/gear they want, and derive a level of satisfaction which for them is sufficient.

Telen
Suspended

Post#207 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

The effect of gear is really overstated outside of really high level play where skill level is fractional, which isnt applicable to 95% of the playerbase, and stuff like frontline survivability and even then you can sacrifice everything else and still reach good levels in basic gear. Do you need vanq to zerg down that 4 man or do you think invader would save you when 20 players roll over you. Besides to me having an mmo mouse made more of a difference when I switched to one on live than any gear I ever got. There will always be disparities if you want to look for them.

As for gear. In an mmo gear acquisition IS the game. Remember running round Stormwind seeing people with unique stuff you'd never seen. That never happened in WAR as everyone had the same and if they didnt they were probably an alt. Id put that up there with any reason that WAR failed. You need envy in mmos.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#208 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 pm

I find it deeply ironic that staff is mocking people who complain about what a slog it can be to gear up, when most of the staff either don't play the game anymore, or most likely haven't leveled a character (without using dev/gm commands to get instant r40/rrXX) in ages.

Not to mention giving themselves free gear from hidden stores or dev/gm commands. Or have they finally stopped doing that?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#209 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Smells like shitposting, when you consider how cheap the items have become.
Dying is no option.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#210 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:44 pm Smells like shitposting, when you consider how cheap the items have become.
Moderated. User will receive a warning for the next snarky comment.

Live war was often praised fore how you could progress by playing any time you wanted in any form you wanted.

This server sometimes tries really hard to prove to opposite.