Ads

Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
horrigan
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Post#41 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am

add more abilities to the shaman. magic goblinów stronger than high magic. some joke at all

Ads
Snoxx

Post#42 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 am

The bugs with warrior priest Prayer of Devotion and Sigmar's Shield are gone, thank you.

And Leading the Prayer tactic is no longer suicide :lol:

oaliaen

Post#43 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 am

are invader set coming whit new 3d models ?

live4treasure

Post#44 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 am

Tobias26 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm It's funny, people say that dps healers in the dps build was weak and needed buff. But when people say the same thing about tanks (now a no one tank can give out competitive dps) they say that the tank is a support class and he should not do dps)
I'm surprised no one adressed this specific post, since the misconception here is a bit important to define.

First of all, yes dps tanks are not equal to pure dps classes, even though at current the difference is really not that big for most of them. Comes down to lower str scaling values, if I'm not mistaken.

However, that's not an oversight or a Dev conspiracy against the classes. That'a a conscious design choice. The difference between dps healers and dps tanks is that a dps healer can not fill a healer role, while a dps tank in fact fills a tank role in a party.

So in essence a dps tank is still a tank, while a dps healer is a dps. Tho classes like BO and SM can really make that difference seem thin.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Dammy095

Post#45 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 am

horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am add more abilities to the shaman. magic goblinów stronger than high magic. some joke at all
you are wrong, this is exactly same abilites which AM had for a long time but it was disabled on shaman for some reason, now its enabled again, so both classes have same spell

Glorian

Post#46 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:55 am

All these Quest mechanics now fixed/reworked into how they used to be is a great step. I'm looking forward to run more of them and finish all the green guys signs around. :)

anarchypark

Post#47 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am

live4treasure wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 am
Tobias26 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm It's funny, people say that dps healers in the dps build was weak and needed buff. But when people say the same thing about tanks (now a no one tank can give out competitive dps) they say that the tank is a support class and he should not do dps)
I'm surprised no one adressed this specific post, since the misconception here is a bit important to define.

First of all, yes dps tanks are not equal to pure dps classes, even though at current the difference is really not that big for most of them. Comes down to lower str scaling values, if I'm not mistaken.

However, that's not an oversight or a Dev conspiracy against the classes. That'a a conscious design choice. The difference between dps healers and dps tanks is that a dps healer can not fill a healer role, while a dps tank in fact fills a tank role in a party.

So in essence a dps tank is still a tank, while a dps healer is a dps. Tho classes like BO and SM can really make that difference seem thin.

no, dps tank don't fill tank role.
it fills half dps and half tank.
same as dps healer.

difference is dps tank fill it's half tank role by standing front with guard. ( easy )
while dps healer have to use skills for half healer role. ( hard )
still, their effectiveness are only half if they pulled out half role correctly.
dps tank melt when he guard focused target.
dps healer can't save focused target.
and dps healers just gave up half healer role cuz it's hard.

dps tank looks like working when there are real tanks doing their job.
at best, they absorb fluff dmgs.
check when 1 side have real tanks and opposite have only dps tanks.
melee lines crumble, specially in large scale.

it's zero sum.
you go dps, you lose other half.
we have to give disapprove to both dps tank and dps heal equally.
but if u are good player, you're approved. ;)
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

rmpl

Post#48 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am
live4treasure wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 am

no, dps tank don't fill tank role.
it fills half dps and half tank.
same as dps healer.

difference is dps tank fill it's half tank role by standing front with guard. ( easy )
while dps healer have to use skills for half healer role. ( hard )
still, their effectiveness are only half if they pulled out half role correctly.
dps tank melt when he guard focused target.
dps healer can't save focused target.
and dps healers just gave up half healer role cuz it's hard.

dps tank looks like working when there are real tanks doing their job.
at best, they absorb fluff dmgs.
check when 1 side have real tanks and opposite have only dps tanks.
melee lines crumble, specially in large scale.

it's zero sum.
you go dps, you lose other half.
we have to give disapprove to both dps tank and dps heal equally.
but if u are good player, you're approved. ;)
Go and watch the recent 6v6 tourney videos and count how many tanks used shields. Tanks can go semi-dps while also being semi-tanky, the only time you should put on a shield and go deftard is big scale ORVR. If those "dps tanks" die it means you either got severely outplayed with CC, your heals suck or the 2nd tank was slacking on the guard.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:59 am

Indeed, for all but rvr aoe spam, 2h tanks do their jobs similar or better than shield tanks. Shield is then again better for pve.
Dps healers on the other hand have abysmal low healing and can't fill half a healer slot. When you see some scoreboards with relatively high healing values and doubt this statement, then you don't seem to get the full picture.
Dying is no option.

horrigan
Suspended

Post#50 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 am

Dammy095 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 am
horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am add more abilities to the shaman. magic goblinów stronger than high magic. some joke at all
you are wrong, this is exactly same abilites which AM had for a long time but it was disabled on shaman for some reason, now its enabled again, so both classes have same spell

my dearest colleague, count the abilities in the third shaman tree (path of tha green) I see 6 skills now look at the third archmage tree, I see 5 skills. it turns out that shamans are more elaborate and flexible. Thank you very much and I wish you a nice day