Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Post#1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 am

[28/01/2019 Now Live]

[General]

- Golden stein should now be fully disabled.
- Buff effects are now resent to player one zone switch (slight delay) so that VFX are not lost.

[RvR]

- Attempted to solve the issue with keep deranking after supplies have been turned in. As this issue is hard to test on the testserver its a bit of a stab in the dark and may need more attempts (Keep derank will only happen if you hold less than 1 BO and have not returned supplies recently).

[Scenario]

- Removed the serverside block on joining SCs when dead or in combat as it was hitting legitimate players unfairly. A new solution will be thought out and pushed at a later date.

[Abilities]

- Rewrote the way we calculate ability damage on the server.
- Most ability tooltips' damage should now match the damage used by the server.

* NOTE: Melee power does not show up on tooltips for damage contribution. This is intentional by Mythic, and is something we cannot change right now.
* If you find an ability that does not match the tooltip damage versus actual value, is not a critical hit, and is not taking into consideration melee power (melee power does NOT show up on a tooltip) please report it on the bugtracker.

[Archmage]

Mistress of the Marsh - Moved back into Path of Isha, placed at 9 points.

Magical Infusion - Moved to 5 points Path of Isha.

Cleansing Flare - Restored to 5 points Path of Asuryan.

Storm of Chronos - Restored to 5 points Path of Vaul.

[Shaman]

Sticky Feetz - Moved back to Path of Mork, placed at 9 points.

Shrug it off - Moved to 5 points Path of Mork.

Geddof! - Restored to 5 points Path of Gork.

Scuse Me! - Restored to 5 points Path of Da Green.

Yer A Weaklin' - Returns to core (from being removed a while back), attainable lvl 29.

[Dungeons]

Gunbad :

• Fixed an issue causing Masta Mixa Staff Disable to break after 10 sec. The Staff beam will now correctly damage and stun the player until you kill the staff.
• Masta Mixa’s Fist Of Gork can no longer be taunted or detaunted.

Bilerot Burrow:

• Ssyrdian Morbidae will now reduce 3% damage and Heal every 5 seconds instead of 2%.

Bloodwrought Enclave:

• Sarloth the Bloodtouched were incorrectly set to tank, making him harder to kill than intended.
• Attempt to fix the aggro issue when Barakus punt and charge a random target. Tank should be able to take back aggro now.
• Fixed an issue where Barakus Blood Pools were not displaying their vfx occasionally.
• Reduced Damage and radius from Barakus Whirlwind Aoe ability.
• Reworked Item mechanics for Barakus fight:
• Blood Claw and Empty Heart will now cleanse Barrakus Buff and no longer increase your damage or reduce his damage. If you don’t have the 2 items , there is no way you can cleanse Barrakus damage boost or damage reduction .
• Fixed Barrakus adds so they will deal their intended damage power and spawn timer. You need to use Obsidian Orb item if you want to survive the wave.
After 9 minutes , Barrakus will permanently enrage for 400%, you better burst him down before it happens.

Sigmar's Crypt:

• Seraphine's back room is now closed and her treasures are in a safe place, you can't access this area anymore.
• Reduced Sister Eudocia HP Pool.
• Necromancer Macidious will no longer spawn Spirits once Death-Bringer spawn at 20%.

[Items]

- Invader sets have been finalized. They will be in-game and obtainable soon™
- Activated ~20 basic cloak appearances that were hidden away. These have been spread across all tiers. If you're looking for the basic appearance that was on most cloaks before this change, R9, R21, and R31 green drop cloaks will have it.

[Quests]

- You should now be automatically presented with the next stage of a quest chain.
- An Evil Crop: Quest line has been corrected and reworked. Rewards have also been set
- Awakening the Forest: Whole quest line is now available and corrected
- The Ritual of Murder: Whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Coddle Souleater: You will now have to take the Sigmarite's heads to mount them on pikes
- Glories Past and Present: Whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Crushing Stone: You will now have to take the head of Rugni Stonebrow to mount his head on a pike
- A Simple Request: Whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Heart of Strength: Whole quest line has been corrected
- Rewards for the Faithful: Quest line is now available and reworked
- Trinity of Evil: This quest is now available and can be taken from GO 'Aged Ornate Chest'
- The Joys of War: Spearmen and Mages now count toward the quest
- Means of Betrayal: Whole quest line has been corrected and reworked

[28/01/2019]
- Legend and Infamy: This Epic Quest has been fully reworked and corrected
- Desperate Plans: This quest can now be taken from Nautical Charts on one of the High Elf ships at the Dark Elf starting area
- Murderous Devotion: First part has been reworked
- Proper Servants: Quest line has been corrected and reworked
- Fagan's Signet Ring: This quest can now be taken from the corpse of Mage Fagan in the Blighted Isle, south of the Lake Menarhain
- Good Use: This quest can now be taken from the Wounded Dark Elf at the PQ 'Dreamshade Forest'
- Corrected and adjusted a bunch of quests of the Dark Elf Chapters 2 & 3

Note: As we are now able to make quests finish and start with a gameobject or an item, several quests have been corrected, and will be corrected in the next weeks, in that way.

[Tickets]

[13158] You can now learn more about House Uthorin
[13157] You can now honor the fallen Elves
[13156] Placed lanterns to burn the huts and lure the peasants out
[13116] Objectives of the quest have been set
[13117] Quest markers have all been set
[13122] Quest markers have been corrected
[13145] Quest markers have all been set
[13146] Removed the unnecessary objective
[13147] Quest markers have all been set
[13148] Quest markers have all been set
[13149] Quest markers have all been set, also objectives and number of NPCs have been corrected
[13153] Quest markers have all been set
[13150] Quest markers have all been set
[13151] Quest markers have all been set
[13152] Quest markers have all been set
[13154] Quest marker is now correctly placed
[13155] Quest markers have all been correctly set

[28/01/2019]
[13196] Quest objective precised
[13191] Markers corrected
[13193] No need to offer the same mount twice
[13205] You get ONE reward at the END
[13190] All quest markers have been set
[12424] Several merchants in Altdorf will now sign the petition, but remember not all will

Ads
live4treasure

Re: Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Post#2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am

My expert opinion on the changes:

Storm of Cronos is not required for 6v6, because if you ever have the opportunity to get that close to the enemy frontline, you are already winning and it doesn't matter.

Silence was never 100% required for 6v6, because there are numerous other classes that can apply CC to the enemy healers. RP, for example, and it's much easier for an RP to do that because it's instant cast versus your 1 second cast, which allows the healer you target to just move out of range unless he made the mistake of letting you get that close or you grossly overextend.

This is a pandora's box, in my opinion, last time Magical Infusion was given to DPS AM's, it made them literally immortal in organised play. I'll try it out. Maybe something's changed, but I highly doubt it and my initial reaction is hoping that this would be thoroughly reconsidered.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 am

This change to AM/Sham even kills builds possible in live servers. The snare puddle is an elementary skill to make the healer class with the least defense keep distance to enemies. Now you can only use it in heal spec in most builds. Cleansing flare doesn't make sense in dps tree, when you have to take full 2 sec cast on a situational utility skill. In heal spec it would benefit from class mechanic and could be used more right in time.

I don't really get the reasons for those changes, can anyone explain them please?

Both classes don't even over-perform in dps spec, when you understand the effect of dots on sc dmg scoreboards and certain aoe dmg skills on both classes.
Last edited by Sulorie on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:16 am

How are calculated damages now?
Zputadenti

DanielWinner

Post#5 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:18 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11 am This change to AM/Sham even kills builds possible in live servers. The snare puddle is an elementary skill to make the healer class with the least defense keep distance to enemies. Now you can only use it in heal spec. Cleansing flare doesn't make sense in dps tree, when you have to take full 2 sec cast on a situational utility skill. In heal spec it would benefit from class mechanic and could be used more right in time.

I don't really get the reasons for those changes, can anyone explain them please?

Both classes don't even over-perform in dps spec, when you understand the effect of dots on sc dmg scoreboards and certain aoe dmg skills on both classes.

At best the changes will improve them in 6mans and weaken them in every other aspect.

Can't tell you about AM's performance (it didn't show great results during y-day 6v6 event) but DPS Shaman was suuuper strong, I'd even say slightly overperformed but even then these changes will hardly really hit its strongest tools.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Orontes

Post#6 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 am

Was something done to pets? On my melee squig, the pet is suddenly dying when I pounce/bounce at someone.

Gangan

Post#7 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 am
(…)

[Abilities]

- Rewrote the way we calculate ability damage on the server.
- Most ability tooltips' damage should now match the damage used by the server.

* NOTE: Melee power does not show up on tooltips for damage contribution. This is intentional by Mythic, and is something we cannot change right now.
* If you find an ability that does not match the tooltip damage versus actual value, is not a critical hit, and is not taking into consideration melee power (melee power does NOT show up on a tooltip) please report it on the bugtracker.

(…)
All "powers" don't add up to the tool-tip dmg, not just melee. But it's not that critical, as you will end up doing higher dmg than the tooltip.^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#8 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:03 pm

"Activated ~20 basic cloak appearances that were hidden away. These have been spread across all tiers. If you're looking for the basic appearance that was on most cloaks before this change, R9, R21, and R31 green drop cloaks will have it."

Does anyone explain this to me better?

Ads
rmpl

Post#9 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:12 pm

live4treasure wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am My expert opinion on the changes:

Storm of Cronos is not required for 6v6, because if you ever have the opportunity to get that close to the enemy frontline, you are already winning and it doesn't matter.

Silence was never 100% required for 6v6, because there are numerous other classes that can apply CC to the enemy healers. RP, for example, and it's much easier for an RP to do that because it's instant cast versus your 1 second cast, which allows the healer you target to just move out of range unless he made the mistake of letting you get that close or you grossly overextend.

This is a pandora's box, in my opinion, last time Magical Infusion was given to DPS AM's, it made them literally immortal in organised play. I'll try it out. Maybe something's changed, but I highly doubt it and my initial reaction is hoping that this would be thoroughly reconsidered.
The pandora box was already opened when they decided to buff the dps capabilities of those classes.

live4treasure

Post#10 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:16 pm

rmpl wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:12 pm
live4treasure wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am My expert opinion on the changes:

The pandora box was already opened when they decided to buff the dps capabilities of those classes.
Who are you exactly to say one class shouldn't be viable and another should be? Backwards logic, my friend. Considering their dps capabilities were a joke before, the buff was justified.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM