Post#21 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:02 pm

They don’t have necessarily the same target
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
RuffRyder

Re: Patch Notes 19/01/2019

Post#22 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:02 pm They don’t have necessarily the same target
This, so it has to be LoS of the e.g. turret.
Plus, a turret can start shooting at a target, which then runs into cover, but it continues hitting the target despite LoS.

It's more a problem of moving pets ofc, so finding a way to fix LoS/movement issues will be the best way.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#23 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Yes , I think only direct heal and direct damage should affect pet . Siege weapons shouldn’t affect pet neither until a solution is made
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Nidwin

Post#24 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 am

For the record, just in case it has any value, or not.

1. Envenomed Blade was tested after the patch.
Tested on training dummies and NPC's. NPCs were Lost Souls (or so) in IC level 37-38 orange (non aggro) NPCs before Citadel.
Testing dummies damage = full damage (1 number)
NPC's damage = effective damage + mitigated damage ( first number + second number = full damage)

EB's damage was coherent with ingame EB's tooltip outside the usual variation. The usual variations are probably linked to rounding factors, outside the fixed forumula defining the tooltip numbers. (fixed numbers on tooltip vs dynamically calculated numbers in action)
Damage application -> initial damage + DoT ticks at 3-6-9s ; DoT tick ~= mentioned-tooltip-damage-for-DoT / 3.
The damage was fully coherent, no varaitions, between testing dummies and the above mentioned NPC's. The only observed variations were between tooltip and testing dummies-NPC's. I do consider those varations normal, as explained why above, and in acceptable range. Evenomed Blade's tooltip may be considered reliable.

2. Past variations between tooltips, testing dummies, NPCs and PC characters.
Past testing and combat logs check did provide non coherent results for mutliple skills and auto-attacks on hitting different aspects or characters with a Witch Elf.

After testing Evenomed Blade I did perform a small regression test on the following Witch Elf skills to check if the non coherent damage aspect was still present.
The test was performed on Testing Dummies and the above mentioned NPC's in front of IC's Citadel.

With Elf skills tested ;
Auto Attack
Agonizing Wound
Black Lotus Blade
Sacrificial Stab (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)
Puncture (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)
Heart Render Toxin (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)

The obtained damage values on testing dummies and the above mentioned IC NPC's were coherent during this test for the tested Witch Elf skills. Except Auto-attack as this can't be checked without knowing the exact formula, all tested skills showed the expected variations between ingame tooltip mentioned damage and the damage obtained in action. As it was for Evenomed Blade the nature of the observed variations during testing multiple Witch Elf skills can be explained by rounding factors and are in acceptable range.
The tooltips of the tested With Elf skills, including tested Evenomned Blade, can be considered reliable (mentioned damage) for Testing Dummies and the mentioned IC NPCs.

3. RvR combat logs and NPC logs
I regularly checked combat logs (NPCs and PCs), after the latest patch and the small performed test in IC, and didn't notice any "weird" anomalies for some of the tested With Elf skills related to the previous mentioned performed tests (auto-attack, AW, SS, HRT and Puncture). I did not pay attention to BLB or any other skills not involved in the previous test or Evenomed Blade (EB isn't part of my actual gameplay with my Witch Elf).
My Witch Elf's main hand AA showed a consistant 297 damage when not impacted by modifiers. This is coherent with the results obtained during the test on the IC training Dummies and NPC's.
The damage seen from AW, SS, HRT and Puncture in the checked logs was coherent with the tooltip mentioned damage, outside damage modifiers, with the expected varations explained earlier. Both NPC's (Dragonwake level 36 NPCs from 2 different PQ's) and player's controlled characters damage.

4. Still open as it wasn't tested, patch related changes for Witch Elf
Septic Blade + Evenomed Blade combination
Wracking Pains
Damage type change for Evenomed Blade and Wracking Pains

5. Still open question not directly related or included in patch
While Witch Elf auto-attack damage output seems now coherent between training dummies in IC, NPCs and player controlled character there's still the open question why the Witch Elf's auto-attack damage is lower than the damage of it's mirror the Witch Hunter outside modifiers.

Tested peformed and combat logs checked on Nidwincc 40rr55 -> 40rr57 Witch Elf.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Wdova

Post#25 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Yeah its absurd all right, never mind that EB/Fervor with Crit tactic on crits would do over 6k damage over 9 seconds when triple stacked, crazy, how could we fix a spammable dot that could hit as hard as Burn Away Lies? The madness....
Why it was buffed in the first place? Why You guys created this "madness" in first place? Players adapted to Your changes and now what? Why you keep nerfing, buffing, nerfing, buffing same things over again? Class mechanic changes are introduced than reverted, than changed only to restore it back to the original state(WL case for example). This constant messing with skills, mechanics and characters was one of the reasons, why I stopped playing here. Sorry, but it seems You lost direction and motivation. Thats probably the reason why WHO community is split in to 2 servers now.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

rmpl

Post#26 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm
Yeah its absurd all right, never mind that EB/Fervor with Crit tactic on crits would do over 6k damage over 9 seconds when triple stacked, crazy, how could we fix a spammable dot that could hit as hard as Burn Away Lies? The madness....
Why it was buffed in the first place? Why You guys created this "madness" in first place? Players adapted to Your changes and now what? Why you keep nerfing, buffing, nerfing, buffing same things over again? Class mechanic changes are introduced than reverted, than changed only to restore it back to the original state(WL case for example). This constant messing with skills, mechanics and characters was one of the reasons, why I stopped playing here. Sorry, but it seems You lost direction and motivation. Thats probably the reason why WHO community is split in to 2 servers now.
You couldnt be more wrong. Aza, who is no longer part of the team, was responsibile for this change.

Gangan

Post#27 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm (...)

Why it was buffed in the first place? Why You guys created this "madness" in first place? Players adapted to Your changes and now what? Why you keep nerfing, buffing, nerfing, buffing same things over again? Class mechanic changes are introduced than reverted, than changed only to restore it back to the original state(WL case for example).
(...)
I guess this is what you call development through trial and error. Not very uncommon though, especially in Alpha-state.
Some problems can't be solved by theorycraft alone, so you got to test it "live", observe, adapt or cancel and start over again.
On this server we're all nothing but alpha testers for a great project ;)
Last edited by Gangan on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Sulorie

Post#28 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm This constant messing with skills, mechanics and characters was one of the reasons, why I stopped playing here.
You just described a normal balancing process. If this kills you motivation or leads you to play on a 2nd but empty server, nobody can change it.
Dying is no option.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Nidwin wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 am For the record, just in case it has any value, or not.

1. Envenomed Blade was tested after the patch.
Tested on training dummies and NPC's. NPCs were Lost Souls (or so) in IC level 37-38 orange (non aggro) NPCs before Citadel.
Testing dummies damage = full damage (1 number)
NPC's damage = effective damage + mitigated damage ( first number + second number = full damage)

EB's damage was coherent with ingame EB's tooltip outside the usual variation. The usual variations are probably linked to rounding factors, outside the fixed forumula defining the tooltip numbers. (fixed numbers on tooltip vs dynamically calculated numbers in action)
Damage application -> initial damage + DoT ticks at 3-6-9s ; DoT tick ~= mentioned-tooltip-damage-for-DoT / 3.
The damage was fully coherent, no varaitions, between testing dummies and the above mentioned NPC's. The only observed variations were between tooltip and testing dummies-NPC's. I do consider those varations normal, as explained why above, and in acceptable range. Evenomed Blade's tooltip may be considered reliable.

2. Past variations between tooltips, testing dummies, NPCs and PC characters.
Past testing and combat logs check did provide non coherent results for mutliple skills and auto-attacks on hitting different aspects or characters with a Witch Elf.

After testing Evenomed Blade I did perform a small regression test on the following Witch Elf skills to check if the non coherent damage aspect was still present.
The test was performed on Testing Dummies and the above mentioned NPC's in front of IC's Citadel.

With Elf skills tested ;
Auto Attack
Agonizing Wound
Black Lotus Blade
Sacrificial Stab (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)
Puncture (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)
Heart Render Toxin (stack of 5 Blood Lusts)

The obtained damage values on testing dummies and the above mentioned IC NPC's were coherent during this test for the tested Witch Elf skills. Except Auto-attack as this can't be checked without knowing the exact formula, all tested skills showed the expected variations between ingame tooltip mentioned damage and the damage obtained in action. As it was for Evenomed Blade the nature of the observed variations during testing multiple Witch Elf skills can be explained by rounding factors and are in acceptable range.
The tooltips of the tested With Elf skills, including tested Evenomned Blade, can be considered reliable (mentioned damage) for Testing Dummies and the mentioned IC NPCs.

3. RvR combat logs and NPC logs
I regularly checked combat logs (NPCs and PCs), after the latest patch and the small performed test in IC, and didn't notice any "weird" anomalies for some of the tested With Elf skills related to the previous mentioned performed tests (auto-attack, AW, SS, HRT and Puncture). I did not pay attention to BLB or any other skills not involved in the previous test or Evenomed Blade (EB isn't part of my actual gameplay with my Witch Elf).
My Witch Elf's main hand AA showed a consistant 297 damage when not impacted by modifiers. This is coherent with the results obtained during the test on the IC training Dummies and NPC's.
The damage seen from AW, SS, HRT and Puncture in the checked logs was coherent with the tooltip mentioned damage, outside damage modifiers, with the expected varations explained earlier. Both NPC's (Dragonwake level 36 NPCs from 2 different PQ's) and player's controlled characters damage.

4. Still open as it wasn't tested, patch related changes for Witch Elf
Septic Blade + Evenomed Blade combination
Wracking Pains
Damage type change for Evenomed Blade and Wracking Pains

5. Still open question not directly related or included in patch
While Witch Elf auto-attack damage output seems now coherent between training dummies in IC, NPCs and player controlled character there's still the open question why the Witch Elf's auto-attack damage is lower than the damage of it's mirror the Witch Hunter outside modifiers.

Tested peformed and combat logs checked on Nidwincc 40rr55 -> 40rr57 Witch Elf.
What is the average weapon speed of the WH 1hers? And what is the average speed of the WE 1hers? WH might have slower weapons and so have bigger AA hits.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

WExWH

Post#30 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 pm
Spoiler:
WExWH wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:19 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 pm Yeah its absurd all right, never mind that EB/Fervor with Crit tactic on crits would do over 6k damage over 9 seconds when triple stacked, crazy, how could we fix a spammable dot that could hit as hard as Burn Away Lies? The madness....
triple stacked, take 3 gdc and with one cleanse u lose all stack :D
BaL hit more than 6k over 9 seconds, don't need 3 stack so compared fervor/eb and BaL is stupid.

make EB corp damage, can be decent but who debuff corp on des ? zeal, pretty difficult to play with the tactic because u need to stay very close of the melee and chosen it's a minor debuff.

Cover debuff, we already have wracking pain (debuff toughness+ws) so it's useless to use EB.

Now we can barely remove EB on our bar.
Not every ability is going to be your first choice, cest la vie
you managed to motivate me to change and look other than this trash single button so thanks :lol: