Ads

Patch Notes 12/01/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tobias26

Re: Patch Notes 12/01/2019

Post#151 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 am
You’re right, a 2H Knight now brings nothing but a wounds debuff, crit chance debuff, long punt, 15% increased healing, guard, challenge, stacking armor debuff/champ challenge, two interrupts, aoe slow, knockdown, and AoE root. Oh wait he also has those Aura things too, huh? But yea he really doesn’t bring much to the party compared to other classes.

You realize how silly it is now to complain about knight being weak?
Everything you listed, except wounds debuff, brings 1h knight too. Crit chance debuff - its a ****. That strike can be blocked/parried and can hit just 1-2 targets often (small range). This is true of wounds debuff too. Armor debuff - its a morale, and nobody get it instead absorb. Chosen can get it - he have absorb on M3 and absorbs 7200 damage lol. And 1h knight can use this morale too. Aoe slow - realy?) Lose 10% of all damage, tactic slot and mastery point to do what anyone can do with a potion?) And again - 1h knight can get this useless tactic too)
Now a 2h knight loses much, but not getting anything. Or you're suggesting the knight lose a huge chunk of his survival by removing the shield to get wounds debuff?)
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Manatikik

Post#152 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 am

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am
You’re right, a 2H Knight now brings nothing but a wounds debuff, crit chance debuff, long punt, 15% increased healing, guard, challenge, stacking armor debuff/champ challenge, two interrupts, aoe slow, knockdown, and AoE root. Oh wait he also has those Aura things too, huh? But yea he really doesn’t bring much to the party compared to other classes.

Everything you listed, except wounds debuff, brings 1h knight too. Crit chance debuff - its a ****. That strike can be blocked/parried and can hit just 1-2 targets often (small range). This is true of wounds debuff too. Armor debuff - its a morale, and nobody get it instead absorb. Chosen can get it - he have absorb on M3 and absorbs 7200 damage lol. And 1h knight can use this morale too. Aoe slow - realy?) Lose 10% of all damage, tactic slot and mastery point to do what anyone can do with a potion?) And again - 1h knight can get this useless tactic too)
Now a 2h knight loses much, but not getting anything. Or you're suggesting the knight lose a huge chunk of his survival by removing the shield to get wounds debuff?)
So you either are trying to play 2H tank in a WB or you are the worst 6v6 tank on the server to have these beliefs. Both just negate any opinion you have being valid for anything.
<Montague><Capulet>

kkprfx

Post#153 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 am

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am

What part of the word "utility" do you not understand?
Gabber

Tobias26

Post#154 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 am
So you either are trying to play 2H tank in a WB or you are the worst 6v6 tank on the server to have these beliefs. Both just negate any opinion you have being valid for anything.
What's the point of playing a 2h knight if he does the same thing as a 1h knight, deals the same amount of damage (nothing damage) and has a much worse survival rate? I'm trying to draw devs attention to this omission.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Xergon

Post#155 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 am
What's the point of playing a 2h knight if he does the same thing as a 1h knight, deals the same amount of damage (nothing damage) and has a much worse survival rate? I'm trying to draw devs attention to this omission.
You play 2hd Knight for 6man groups, you can play 2hd Knight in WB aswell but still YOU ARE TANK your job is to be tanky as much as possible you are providing tools like WoundsDebuff and CC as you should. Tanks with their toolset control battle they should not do damage more than DPS. You want to do DPS ? Roll DPS class or stop whining.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#156 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 am
You bring a 2h KOBS into a 6v6 for their AoE wounds debuff, and for Overpowering Swing (as well as the plethora of utility that SNB also brings).

Giving 2h KOBS more damage is definitely something worth exploring at the cost of significant utility/defensive capabilities. Expanding on their Elemental damage stuff seems the most natural, and I know several posters have contributed some cool ideas already. Maybe make a suggestion (if you haven't already done so), and we could read it over.

rmpl

Post#157 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am This is true of wounds debuff too. Armor debuff - its a morale, and nobody get it instead absorb.
You what? ChCh or DS is way better than that 3.6k absorb, you really underestimate the difference 1060 armour can make when focusing a target.

Tobias26

Post#158 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Giving 2h KOBS more damage is definitely something worth exploring at the cost of significant utility/defensive capabilities. Expanding on their Elemental damage stuff seems the most natural, and I know several posters have contributed some cool ideas already. Maybe make a suggestion (if you haven't already done so), and we could read it over.
Thats realy easy. Knight with 2h weapon should be more offence, than 1h tank, right? So, need to add shield requirement for the most powerfull tank ability (viligance). But if devs will do this - buff the attacking abilities of a knight must be very serious. I would suggest something like the following.
1. Remove base damage reduction from Slice Through tactic (maybe with range or Crippling Blow damage reduction)
or
remove that tactic from the game and adds a tactic like Chosen's Feed on the Weary, but "good orientation'. Something like "your Shining Blow skill also increase your morale gained by X in second for Y seconds" or "your Shining Blow skill also increase your and your group morale gained by X in second for Y seconds". Or the same, but for the Arcing Swing (will be better, because then 1h knight will not be able to use that tactic).
2. Overpowered swing tactic shouls just add 15% crit to knight, like a Chosen's Opressing Blows tactic.
3. Maybe add strike that increases the protective characteristics, such as Chosen's Suppression or Opposition (with 2h weapon requirements maybe).
4. Maybe rework Now's our chance aura (now its useless - tank never attack healer) like a chosen's Discordant turbulence.
Last edited by Tobias26 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
rmpl

Post#159 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:15 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Thats realy easy. Knight with 2h weapon should be more offence, than 1h tank, right? So, need to add shield requirement for the most powerfull tank ability (viligance). But if devs will do this - buff the attacking abilities of a knight must be very serious. I would suggest something like the following.
1. Remove base damage reduction from Slice Through tactic (maybe with range or Crippling Blow damage reduction)
or
remove that tactic from the game and adds a tactic like Chosen's Feed on the Weary, but "good orientation'. Something like "your Shining Blow skill also increase your morale gained by X in second for Y seconds" or "your Shining Blow skill also increase your and your group morale gained by X in second for Y seconds". Or the same, but for the Arcing Swing.
2. Overpowered swing tactic shouls just add 15% crit to knight, like a Chosen's Opressing Blows tactic.
3. Maybe add strike that increases the protective characteristics, such as Chosen's Suppression or Opposition (with 2h weapon requirements maybe).
4. Maybe rework Now's our chance aura (now its useless - tank never attack healer) like a chosen's Discordant turbulence.
The question is - are other Kotbs willing to lose their utility for better damage? You are very vocal about it but I would like to hear opinions of other knights because buffing the damage would have some consequences,

I just think you picked a wrong class for your expectations, would recommend rolling a SM instead of trying to rework an entire class which most likely won't happen anyway and it will save you time writing essays on the forums.

Tobias26

Post#160 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

rmpl wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm I just think you picked a wrong class for your expectations, would recommend rolling a SM instead of trying to rework an entire class which most likely won't happen anyway and it will save you time writing essays on the forums.
I talked to many knights, and they all shared my opinion. Believe me, i'm not alone. Most knights wishing to play exclusively for the benefit of the group, playing with the shield (Dirty Tricks tactic and more survival). In addition, my suggestion for the aura to reduce healing really diversify the arsenal of any knight.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70