Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Urdeg

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#31 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Lots of QQ in this thread for the changing of one skill. The nerfbat hits where it will, quit your whining. In a few days I don't expect to see the Chosen class completely abandoned, sit down and wait and you'll almost certainly find the same thing. If not then sorry you couldn't take a little nerf to your class, welcome to MMO's.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ads
Morf

Post#32 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm

I can understand the reasoning behind the crippling strikes change even tho i thought only the highest value tactic debuff/buff took effect but pls i urge you to firstly not directly mirror stuff to try and balance things, it makes the game bland, one of the good things about this game is the rock paper scissor approach to things and secondly pls involve the community when balancing things, many of us have great experience and even if discussions get heated and 1000 ideas are **** 1 idea might be perfect.

You have done some amazing things here like allowing bad specs and playstyles to function well and made some great improvements to classes and abilities but the game was never hugely imbalanced to begin with, what **** it up most was gear imbalance something that imo exists here aswell.

Just to add on the crit change, why does sw have so many crit buffs/debuffs that all stack ?
crosscut, bullseye, leading shots, eye shot and wrist slash (wristslash/eye shot being ini) all available in a single spec and stack.

Some time ago it was thought that crit stacking and armor stacking were issues yet crit stacking has got even worse and so has the value of armor stacking after 2 nerfs to how toughness works.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Sulorie

Post#33 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 pm
STR: Chosens (what little damage we have) is S P I R I T damage, so extra strength does nothing for us

Can you explain this?
Dying is no option.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#34 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Well, i will always laugh about people playing Chosen/Kotbs with a 2h weapon.

DanielWinner

Post#35 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Morf wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm
Just to add on the crit change, why does sw have so many crit buffs/debuffs that all stack ?
crosscut, bullseye, leading shots, eye shot and wrist slash (wristslash/eye shot being ini) all available in a single spec and stack.
Because the class strongly relies on crits, no? Have you seen SW's numbers without crits? Numbers of physical dps which doesn't even have nor proper armour debuff, nor burst potential ("F" to Unshakable Focus).

Also there is nothing about SW in the patch notes. Do not derail the thread.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

DanielWinner

Post#36 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Also a friendly reminder to everyone here:
Think before starting to type in a whining manner.
Test things first and then provide screenshots, math, videos which will support your opinion.
Otherwise you will find yourself in a big trouble sooner than you think. And no one won't be there to advocate for you.
Thank you in advance.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha

szejoza

Post#37 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:52 pm

good job locking threads
Spoiler:

Onemantankwall

Post#38 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 pm
STR: Chosens (what little damage we have) is S P I R I T damage, so extra strength does nothing for us

Can you explain this?
Resistance works as a straight damage mitigation percentage. In other words, your resistances are essentially the same as armor, only for the magic damage types instead of physical damage.

All 3 resistances use the same formula:

Resistance Value / (Level * 0.42) = % Resistance

Resistance Value is the total amount of resistance on your gear plus any tactics or buffs you have. Characters have 0 'base' resist.

Level can be assumed to be the level of your enemy. This explains why lower level mobs have a much greater chance to be resisted.

% Resistance is the amount of damage that will be mitigated from every spell. Resistance stats do not give you a chance to completely avoid the spell (See Disrupt/Block). Rather, they reduce the damage done to you by every spell of that type. The % shown on the tooltip is based on an enemy of equal level to your character.

in a nutshell Spirit damage is (magical damage) relying on resistance checks while strength is base (physical damage) there's 4 different types of damage really each with their own checks and balances.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
stmarrow

Post#39 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Morf wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm Just to add on the crit change, why does sw have so many crit buffs/debuffs that all stack ?
I throught Wrist Slash was changed in the same patch Crosscut was introduced, and no longer stacks?

DanielWinner

Post#40 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:03 pm

stmarrow wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Morf wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm Just to add on the crit change, why does sw have so many crit buffs/debuffs that all stack ?
I throught Wrist Slash was changed in the same patch Crosscut was introduced, and no longer stacks?
WS no longer stacks.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha