Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ugle

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#171 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Morf wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:33 pm I think this will just result in less players roaming as bo's will give better points, this means the zerging side just afk's, do sc's or log out
Sorry for butcering your post, but wouldn't this mean they achieve exactly what they want? Evening out the numbers.
inactive

Ads
Ravai

Post#172 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm

90% of the server is afk on bos and afk leeching keeps with not a kill to their name or group yet "NOTE: This malus affect KILLS ONLY, not zone or keep locks."

I mean sometimes guys, you take one step forward and two steps back... :shock:

Gotta be honest, finding it hard to be constructive with this change, don't like it in the slightest, makes players logout instead of play, myself included. This might be your intention I dont know, seems like a very strange way of improving and growing the game though.
Last edited by Ravai on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Dammy095

Post#173 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 pm

nerf lord's exp/renown then
i have seen zerging ide getting ~70k renown for lord kill during increased renown event, good luck getting those 70k on losing side during aao

CountTalabecland

Post#174 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:23 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 pm
oaliaen wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm This morning (NA time) saw some mass Order zerging. This AAO patch seems to have been implemented at an unfortunately unlucky time with most the server playing one side outside EU primetime but it also seems to be keeping people on one side.

I haven’t checked but is the x-realm cooldown/lockout still working? My question is I don’t see the incentive to switch sides, lose contribution, and trigger the x-realm lockout if the pop is such that you are not going to get AAO from kills on the underpopulated side anyways? At that point you would have to play BO’s and keep sieges to get contribution as outnumbered side but that’s a pretty bleak prospect with AAO that high. I might be misunderstanding how this works though.
buffing destro would be a good icentive..but insted of it, they nerf them again. :P . So why should i play destro?
Few months ago people were whining about Choppa pulls and general destro WB composition with Maras... ah and sweet pouncing squig dumplings.

Such an interesting picture as always :thinking:
I know you’re responding to the off topic response my question got, but do you know the answer to my question? Does switching sides still put you behind the x-realm timer, remove contribution from your previous character, and place you on the outnumbered side with the aao malus? Because that seems like a pretty big incentive to stay on the populated side
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Gravord

Post#175 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Its a really bad change and i hope it will be reverted asap. It doesnt encourage faction balance, quite the opposite. As fighting is less rewarding players jump to sit and afk on Bo's as those ticks are not affected of how badly your faction zerg/dominate, take no effort and allow brain dead afk gaining renown and bags.
We already have aao and supply shortage reducing wounds of zerging realm. If thats not enough to even out the fights then the root of the problem lies elsewhere.

M0rw47h

Post#176 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:30 pm Its a really bad change and i hope it will be reverted asap. It doesnt encourage faction balance, quite the opposite. As fighting is less rewarding players jump to sit and afk on Bo's as those ticks are not affected of how badly your faction zerg/dominate, take no effort and allow brain dead afk gaining renown and bags.
We already have aao and supply shortage reducing wounds of zerging realm. If thats not enough to even out the fights then the root of the problem lies elsewhere.
Then maybe instead of reverting it, add same effect to objectives? :twisted:

Gravord

Post#177 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:34 pm
Gravord wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:30 pm Its a really bad change and i hope it will be reverted asap. It doesnt encourage faction balance, quite the opposite. As fighting is less rewarding players jump to sit and afk on Bo's as those ticks are not affected of how badly your faction zerg/dominate, take no effort and allow brain dead afk gaining renown and bags.
Would only cause even less players feeling the urge to participate.
Simple example why this change is bad - ive enter lake solo on my slayer yesterday, few meters out of wc i was attacked by WE. She didnt do so well and got proper 2h hammer crushing her skull. I got 1 renown... just because somewhere 5km away from me theres a lot of order attacking keep. Does it make any sense and encourage me to roam the zone seeking fights?

M0rw47h

Post#178 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm
Simple example why this change is bad - ive enter lake solo on my slayer yesterday, few meters out of wc i was attacked by WE. She didnt do so well and got proper 2h hammer crushing her skull. I got 1 renown... just because somewhere 5km away from me theres a lot of order attacking keep. Does it make any sense and encourage me to roam the zone seeking fights?
Don't get me wrong, but for me solo roamers are nothing, but cockroaches in RvR.
Why do you think, RvR should be designed to make SOLO players happy?

Ads
Gravord

Post#179 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:56 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Gravord wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Don't get me wrong, but for me solo roamers are nothing, but cockroaches in RvR.
Why do you think, RvR should be designed to make SOLO players happy?
Could be same situation with group vs group or wb vs wb, doesnt change the fact that you are penalized by mere presence of your faction in rvr lake that might be nowhere near the spot you fight and will not support you in any way.

M0rw47h

Post#180 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:56 pm
Could be same situation with group vs group or wb vs wb, doesnt change the fact that you are penalized by mere presence of your faction in rvr lake that might be nowhere near the spot you fight and will not support you in any way.
They support you just by their mere existence. Fact your faction outnumbered enemies, raised your chance to meet lone Witch Elf. When you're guy with 400% AAO trying to run solo, usualy the smallest units you see are 6 mans...