Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kok

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#161 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:29 pm

As it stand, it is just a kick in the face of those who run "hunting" wb or group.
Not that it matter to me .:p
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#162 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:39 pm

“Balancing” or making Orvr not a zerg fest is a hopeless endeavor as it is player choice based. Props to the devs for trying but no one is going to ever be happy with ORvR when the game mode is awful whenever you are outnumbered and can’t get kills/contribution. Due to this, most ppl naturally either log off or switch to the populated side. Ik ppl are going to come in with the “but muh 6 mans aao hunt” argument but the truth is the vast majority of this server are pugs like me who either don’t often run in small grp or spend most their time in small grp getting run over by zergs at BOs anyhow. As long as population is the main factor in the ORvR game mode it will continue to suck for the underpopulated side.

All hail scenarios, the game mode that is and always should have been the “main” game mode. Just save everyone who would rather not be zerg bait the time and allow players to purchase conq/ main spec gear with scen currency.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#163 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm

i don't know why some players have issues regardin of unbalance in numbers, mate, for me it's great havin' to fight on AAO, it means there's more enemy to kill, more renown, you get to defend the keep which to me is way better than atackin a keep, you get to fight all around the map 'cause there's enemy everywhere, for me it's okey, keep it up i like it this way. And when you play against a smaller number it's so boring trust me, you won't like to win everytime just because of numbers
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

lefze
Suspended

Post#164 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:26 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:42 pm
rmpl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm Feedback AFTER testing things? My goodness. Might this be the harbinger of changing away from kneejerk attitudes in 2019? :o
There's no need to test anything, you took away 10% crit chance for the entire team and gave them an inferior version of runefang which requires speccing. No competent player would be happy about that except chosens who roleplay as WE in the lakes. Just stop because defending this change is not making anyone look good, what I would recommend is staying low and waiting until it quiets down instead of adding fuel to the fire.
Ah, that's right. We need to nerf Runefang down to match.
Which would be a hillariously bad change to justify the chosen change with, as knights would still never have room to slot runefang outside of soloing.

At this point, nerfing runefang and taking away focused mending/enc aim would make sense, and even after that chosen is on the backfoot.

And to have it said, you probably have access to the combat formulas, you should know just how wrong people mentioning additional parry/dodge/strikethrough from the two tactics are. Guard for example benefits from a full 4 WS. They are traps and you should know it.
Rip Phalanx

jonyjones

Post#165 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:04 pm

originality is a mess, balance is a bluff, you believing you will set it, is more ambitious than mark jacobs and less credible. If u want to change, lets go full mirror with 'moderated' order bias since u cant do without.''' 'This debuff function was previously the reserve of a Blackguard''
edit nvm i will go vanilla wow

Hargrim
Developer

Post#166 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:21 pm

jonyjones wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:04 pm originality is a mess, balance is a bluff, you believing you will set it, is more ambitious than mark jacobs and less credible. If u want to change, lets go full mirror with 'moderated' order bias since u cant do without.''' 'This debuff function was previously the reserve of a Blackguard''
edit nvm i will go vanilla wow

Have fun!

CountTalabecland

Post#167 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm

This morning (NA time) saw some mass Order zerging. This AAO patch seems to have been implemented at an unfortunately unlucky time with most the server playing one side outside EU primetime but it also seems to be keeping people on one side.

I haven’t checked but is the x-realm cooldown/lockout still working? My question is I don’t see the incentive to switch sides, lose contribution, and trigger the x-realm lockout if the pop is such that you are not going to get AAO from kills on the underpopulated side anyways? At that point you would have to play BO’s and keep sieges to get contribution as outnumbered side but that’s a pretty bleak prospect with AAO that high. I might be misunderstanding how this works though.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Morf

Post#168 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Heh, I really don't get the complaining either. The only problem I have with this is that now I don't have enough tactic slots, so I'm gonna have to practice tactic-dancing before fights now.

As for the arguments that Chosen don't have a strength problem - well we did before this change. There was no way to get close to the strength soft cap before this (and lord knows I tried). The highest amount of strength I could reach and still be viable defensively was around 900. I always thought that the addition of melee power to Chosen gear was pointless because of this - however with this change melee power on gear makes much more sense. Here's a screen shot of my stats now with Daemonfang and Suppression both active -

Woot! I am finally hitting the strength soft-cap! After limited testing thus far I've seen AA crits in the 900 range, and my damage seems to be up across the board. Still need to test more though.

This also shows that the arguments that the other stats are useless to be completely untrue. The extra weapon skill gives me 34% reduction to my opponents armor, increases parry to 66% with suppression up and the initiative pumps my dodge rate to 26%, which is always useful against those pesky ranged enemies. The initiative boost has also had an additional nice side effect - I've had Witch Hunters that I've crit pop stealth and try to escape, but because my initiative is so high I STILL SEE THEM, allowing me to hunt them down :D .

The build I'm using for those stats is a bit off though. I don't really like running less than 700 toughness, and my wounds are a bit low too - 9000 health is doable mixing in the new armor sets. My actual crit rate is only 20% there - I might need to look into increasing that to get the most out of this new paradigm, but only more experimentation will find out the best balance there.

Overall though this looks to be an excellent buff for 2H Chosen, my hats off to the Dev's - Great Work!
Feedback AFTER testing things? My goodness. Might this be the harbinger of changing away from kneejerk attitudes in 2019? :o
I have nothing against Thargrimm infact i respect him because solo'ing is not for the feint hearted especially on a class that isnt a dps am or the like but i do worry if this is the sort of feedback you value.

As for feedback here is mine and you may not like it but i hope you will see i have valid points ( forum ate my first post..so this will be slightly less).

The tactic benefits only solo chosens, they already have plenty of parry thanks to suppression so the added ws does nothing for them especially as your main damage is coming from spirit damage, ini is always nice but you will generally have ini from a zealot or black orc stat steal and it starts to scale very very badly the more you have, flawless armor does far more then the ini will. str is always nice cant argue against it but the extra crits you would do with the old tactic will do more for you and your group then str will ever do.

Imo if you can fix stacking rules of challenge and the old damage reduction of crippling strikes then this is the way to go, it will make chosen players happy again wont be op and as sm basically have the old crippling strikes i dont see any problems.

I know runefang is very strong and up there with 1 of the strongest tactics in the game but imo kotbs do need it as 2h for the following reasons, kotbs have the worse damage of all tanks (im not talking aoe fluff damage on sc summary), they have no way to increase parry as 2h unlike every other tank apart from black orc, i guess the ini buff can be scrutinized, imo if runefang is to strong could just move it to a mastery tactic or remove the ini part of it.

Also it would be nice if those who dont play both sides and have a bad understanding of all classes just didnt bother trying to bring up balance, classes are not directly mirrored and this is what makes war unique to a certain degree and can make things interesting or cause issues when trying to mirror.

Lastly about the aao change, i get the thinking behind it but imo i think it will have the opposite affect, i honestly dont think any change to rvr/aao will ever fix it, its impossible, you cant force players to play a class they may like less or to leave friends behind, ppl generally play what they like no matter the aao, only rarely will you see players switch to help the underdog and 90% of them are premade groups, casual pugs dont really care and these are the players that will complain about being outnumbered, if they dont want to play in an organised way and prefer to just piss around then sadly you will have a rough time when outnumbered.
I think this will just result in less players roaming as bo's will give better points, this means the zerging side just afk's, do sc's or log out, this may also make the underdog side give up faster as players just zerg on bo's, less players roaming less players to fight especially with the portals to bo's.
Last edited by Morf on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
oaliaen

Post#169 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm This morning (NA time) saw some mass Order zerging. This AAO patch seems to have been implemented at an unfortunately unlucky time with most the server playing one side outside EU primetime but it also seems to be keeping people on one side.

I haven’t checked but is the x-realm cooldown/lockout still working? My question is I don’t see the incentive to switch sides, lose contribution, and trigger the x-realm lockout if the pop is such that you are not going to get AAO from kills on the underpopulated side anyways? At that point you would have to play BO’s and keep sieges to get contribution as outnumbered side but that’s a pretty bleak prospect with AAO that high. I might be misunderstanding how this works though.
buffing destro would be a good icentive..but insted of it, they nerf them again. :P . So why should i play destro?

DanielWinner

Post#170 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm This morning (NA time) saw some mass Order zerging. This AAO patch seems to have been implemented at an unfortunately unlucky time with most the server playing one side outside EU primetime but it also seems to be keeping people on one side.

buffing destro would be a good icentive..but insted of it, they nerf them again. :P . So why should i play destro?
Few months ago people were whining about Choppa pulls and general destro WB composition with Maras... ah and sweet pouncing squig dumplings.

Such an interesting picture as always :thinking:
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha