Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#51 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Shaco wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:39 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:27 pm
Originally Crippling Strikes was a must have for the Chosen class regardless of configuration, it was a debuff that was half as good as the Morale 3 Distracting Bellow (reducing the damage of the person you hit by 25%) but with a 100% uptime potential and on multiple targets. It was grossly overpowered and that version has been gone for a long time now. Crippling Strikes was first nerfed to 10% damage reduction debuff (from 25%) and then changed to place a debuff (Wasteland Ruse) upon the enemy which increased their chance to be critically hit by 10%.
what about SM' dragon talon + raking talon?

7pt dps tree 10~25% 10sec, easy to apply with aoe.
vs
11pt def tree 20% 4sec, you miss other perfect stance abilities to keep it.
ED, WW, aoe punt, disorient etc.

if u think it's OP, go for balance forum.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#52 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:53 pm

So a bread and butter speccable tactic was removed, and the answer is to put a zero party value core tactic from the mirror class at 9(!) points. Jeez. You could have just limited it to 2h, as it was already only feasible to pull off with the crit amount you get in a 2h spec.

If you have to write a multi-paragraph bible to justify such a change you likely already know you are making a noob trap tho.
Rip Phalanx

Sulorie

Post#53 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:58 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:53 pm So a bread and butter speccable tactic was removed, and the answer is to put a zero party value core tactic from the mirror class at 9(!) points. Jeez. You could have just limited it to 2h, as it was already only feasible to pull off with the crit amount you get in a 2h spec.

If you have to write a multi-paragraph bible to justify such a change you likely already know you are making a noob trap tho.
At least they explain the change, while you can't give good reasons to keep it, when looking at their arguments for the removal.
Dying is no option.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#54 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:11 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:32 pm dps tanks want both offensive and defensive.
remember when BO got dps buff at 15pt?
they cried for defensive buff.

you crit hit and getting more parry, reduced crit and str.
what's the problem now.
at least write it with feedback so it can be adjusted like BO.

soon 2019 and still don't get how to feedback properly, shame.
says the guy that dont play destro(or dont play a chosen at all!)
]

wonshot

Post#55 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Good to see the change to Engineer electromagnet, abusing pulls like that is no fun for anyone (eventhough I had hoped for an other change to electromagnet that would solved the same issue ;) )

I also really like the reasoning and thourghts behind the changes, wether i agree or disagree I can accept your reasoning and see what you attempt to do with the changes, makes them easier to follow and get an idea for what sence of direction you want to take for balancing.

One thing I dont follow, is the last few changes to very core and popular classes who are almost always used already, instead of focusing more on the less used specs on classes who dont have a functunallity in 6man or warbandscale fightings.

- WP/ dok get shield availability, when the class is already extremely popular
- Chosen changes, that from first look seem to be more catered towards "less than 6man play" and that was never the aim of balance?
- Assault SW changes - Great!
- changes to hybrid healers AM/shaman, but we heard you didnt want hybrids to be pugstomping classes. Seemed like a big miss.

What I am trying to point out, is that the focus point of the changes as of last few months seem to be picked on classes that already function, or to adress playstyles that could potentially turn out to create even more issues. As a piece of feedback I would like to see more focus on classes that are underperforming, and specs who are not "viable" And no, not just on Order because I am an order-main.

Thanks for your time and efforts, balancing is a **** task to tackle
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

lefze
Suspended

Post#56 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:58 pm
lefze wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:53 pm So a bread and butter speccable tactic was removed, and the answer is to put a zero party value core tactic from the mirror class at 9(!) points. Jeez. You could have just limited it to 2h, as it was already only feasible to pull off with the crit amount you get in a 2h spec.

At least they explain the change, while you can't give good reasons to keep it, when looking at their arguments for the removal.
That wasnt an explanation, more like a tabloid article.

I did reason, whole 2h lock thing. If you can't see that a 700 Page novel about an ability being used in snb could have been solved with a 2h lock, there is no point even arguing. Not to mention Enc aim, dirty tricks, leading shots, crosscut and ancestors fury vs deeply impaled and crimson death. This does create a vold, and hits a class that brings significantly less than its mirror already, and already was a questionable pick for a lot of scenes.

Not to mention that it required a heavy crit investment and tactic investment that mandates a 2h investment on a class that gets little to no benefit from it offensively regardless of weapon load out.

Edit: And just for good mesure, no, runefang is not a good option for knight, it being a 9 point investment for chosen is beyond ridiculous.
Rip Phalanx

ragafury

Post#57 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:32 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:58 pm

That wasnt an explanation, more like a tabloid article.

I did reason, whole 2h lock thing. If you can't see that a 700 Page novel about an ability being used in snb could have been solved with a 2h lock, there is no point even arguing. Not to mention Enc aim, dirty tricks, leading shots, crosscut and ancestors fury vs deeply impaled and crimson death. This does create a vold, and hits a class that brings significantly less than its mirror already, and already was a questionable pick for a lot of scenes.

Not to mention that it required a heavy crit investment and tactic investment that mandates a 2h investment on a class that gets little to no benefit from it offensively regardless of weapon load out.
core issue is still: why bring a chosen besides the on demand CC.

there is no "selling point" in my opinion.

everything chosen does in a 2hd spec, BG does better, besides resistance aura (which isn't required for many comps) and aoe anti heal aura, which doesn't really work like a true HD, rather as a AoE pressure tool.

it's basically the same issue IB suffers for SNB specs, no selling point which makes me want to say "we can't skip on this, we need one".

the crit debuff was nice, but it was anyway RNG dependendant to a certain degree, therefore unreliable.
the runefang copy cat is simply worse than runefang, hitting a target is the first hurdle, so it's never guranteed value, cause in certain situations you play more laidback and not super agressive, hence for you don't hit a target.

KotbS can just sit back and enjoy his runefang.

next hurdle is the required crit to trigger it, so RNG if you get value.

not a big fan, but I also wasn't a big fan of wasteland ruse.

since I don't play chosen really, and especially not 2hd. whatever/10.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Bozzax

Post#58 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:25 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:21 pm
Shaco wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:39 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:27 pm
Originally Crippling Strikes was a must have for the Chosen class regardless of configuration, it was a debuff that was half as good as the Morale 3 Distracting Bellow (reducing the damage of the person you hit by 25%) but with a 100% uptime potential and on multiple targets. It was grossly overpowered and that version has been gone for a long time now. Crippling Strikes was first nerfed to 10% damage reduction debuff (from 25%) and then changed to place a debuff (Wasteland Ruse) upon the enemy which increased their chance to be critically hit by 10%.
what about SM' dragon talon + raking talon?

7pt dps tree 10~25% 10sec, easy to apply with aoe.
vs
11pt def tree 20% 4sec, you miss other perfect stance abilities to keep it.
ED, WW, aoe punt, disorient etc.

if u think it's OP, go for balance forum.
SM gets CS and chosen loses it bc it is to OP ... 10/10

FS always made CS a bit flaky but it was great. SM is even blessed with an on/off version whenever you need it.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Athergic

Post#59 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:46 pm

This game was a lot more enjoyable a couple years ago before all these changes. It might just be me though. I like niche builds and odd ball specs, but all those are pretty much gone. All the juices from this hunk of meat that is a game are draining off the cutting bored into the abyss. And soon, I fear it will just be dry, and bland, with everything tasting the same.

Which is A okay, this game is awesome and these changes certainly reach some sort of audience that appreciates them, I see it every patch note. I enjoy logging in and playing, but it feels like i'm playing a different game, that isn't as fun lately.
Hopefully it will all start making sense to me soon, and I can get back to playing and enjoying this game how I used to :D Now i'm hungry.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#60 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Can you please make the chosen aura "DREADFUL TERROR" scale with points into 'path of dread' like every other aura?

You can leave the debuff portion alone, but the group buff should scale.

Currently, DREADFUL TERROR doesn't benefit with pts into the dread line.

Thanks.