Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tobias26

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2018

Post#41 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Witch changes, WP changes, Chosen changes, changes, changes, changes... When you give something to KOBS? He has the lowest dps compared to other tanks. For example, maybe you should rework focused offence and remove the armor reduction from it (maybe with add 2h required to it)? Now that tactic is absolutely useless.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 pm
STR: Chosens (what little damage we have) is S P I R I T damage, so extra strength does nothing for us

Can you explain this?
Resistance works as a straight damage mitigation percentage. In other words, your resistances are essentially the same as armor, only for the magic damage types instead of physical damage.

All 3 resistances use the same formula:

Resistance Value / (Level * 0.42) = % Resistance

Resistance Value is the total amount of resistance on your gear plus any tactics or buffs you have. Characters have 0 'base' resist.

Level can be assumed to be the level of your enemy. This explains why lower level mobs have a much greater chance to be resisted.

% Resistance is the amount of damage that will be mitigated from every spell. Resistance stats do not give you a chance to completely avoid the spell (See Disrupt/Block). Rather, they reduce the damage done to you by every spell of that type. The % shown on the tooltip is based on an enemy of equal level to your character.

in a nutshell Spirit damage is (magical damage) relying on resistance checks while strength is base (physical damage) there's 4 different types of damage really each with their own checks and balances.
But STR is increasing your spirit dmg. And your spirit dmg is parried, once more influenced by your STR value. Not to mention that you want high AA dmg and not all skills do spirit dmg.
Dying is no option.

Morf

Post#43 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:36 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Because the class strongly relies on crits, no? Have you seen SW's numbers without crits? Numbers of physical dps which doesn't even have nor proper armour debuff, nor burst potential ("F" to Unshakable Focus).

Also there is nothing about SW in the patch notes. Do not derail the thread.

Every class relies on crits tho, no crits no killing, still doesnt justify so many crit buffs/debuffs, i get you wana defend your class, can gather how much you love it by the amount of balance proposal buffs you have made about sw.

Didnt intend to derail i thought as bg and kotbs where used to justify changing chosen its fair game to use comparisons, my bad.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Shaco

Post#44 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:39 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:27 pm
Originally Crippling Strikes was a must have for the Chosen class regardless of configuration, it was a debuff that was half as good as the Morale 3 Distracting Bellow (reducing the damage of the person you hit by 25%) but with a 100% uptime potential and on multiple targets. It was grossly overpowered and that version has been gone for a long time now. Crippling Strikes was first nerfed to 10% damage reduction debuff (from 25%) and then changed to place a debuff (Wasteland Ruse) upon the enemy which increased their chance to be critically hit by 10%.
what about SM' dragon talon + raking talon?

anarchypark

Post#45 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:32 pm
STR: Chosens (what little damage we have) is S P I R I T damage, so extra strength does nothing for us

Can you explain this?
Resistance works as a straight damage mitigation percentage. In other words, your resistances are essentially the same as armor, only for the magic damage types instead of physical damage.

Resistance Value is the total amount of resistance on your gear plus any tactics or buffs you have. Characters have 0 'base' resist.

Level can be assumed to be the level of your enemy. This explains why lower level mobs have a much greater chance to be resisted.

% Resistance is the amount of damage that will be mitigated from every spell. Resistance stats do not give you a chance to completely avoid the spell (See Disrupt/Block). Rather, they reduce the damage done to you by every spell of that type. The % shown on the tooltip is based on an enemy of equal level to your character.

in a nutshell Spirit damage is (magical damage) relying on resistance checks while strength is base (physical damage) there's 4 different types of damage really each with their own checks and balances.

your dmg is going up with STR.
it's mitigated by armor or resist, depend on dmg type.
hence high str SM ether dance hits hard on melees.
same as destro spirit melee mirror chosen.
it's... kinda basic.
you didn't tried dps build during rr80?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Onemantankwall

Post#46 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 pm
Can you explain this?

your dmg is going up with STR.
it's mitigated by armor or resist, depend on dmg type.
hence high str SM ether dance hits hard on melees.
same as destro spirit melee mirror chosen.
it's... kinda basic.
you didn't tried dps build during rr80?
chosens dont have a strength issue is my point... our dmg is mitigated through resistance instead of armor no idea what ur trying to say, of course strength raises base dmg :roll:
Last edited by Onemantankwall on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

hogun

Post#47 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm
hogun wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:29 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Warrior Priest was also buffed.
IB doesn't need a buff for group play: a competent player on that class makes it one of the most potent tanks to have in a group (emphasis on the competent part).
Melee SW was also buffed recently.

Please don't talk rubbish.
I do not see why you talk about the IB? and the quality of IB players. can you developed ? thank you in advance
You said 'Up the BG' and followed it up with a snarky 'doing your best to balance the game!'. IB doesn't need any buffs for 6-man play if the player on the class knows how to make the most of it.
no i dont said "'Up the BG' and followed it up with a snarky 'doing your best to balance the game"

i said :

Up the DK
Up the BG
Up the SH
its normal to up the chosen ...

good job and We thank you for doing your best to balance the game!

not especially the bg and even if I find that the up of the BG was really not necessary, the SH up is worse.

and the question for you is :

why are you talking about the skill of an IB player and not the IB itself? and especially because my English is bad , could you explain more precisely what you mean by, ."(emphasis on the competent part)".
I'm afraid to misunderstand,

I guess the ror team for its class balancing does not base it on "if the player on the class knows how to make the most of it." but on fact and on log analysis.

ty for you anwers
Last edited by hogun on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#48 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:41 pm

balance team does it again, it's a joke
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#49 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 pm Just go ahead and mirror all classes. Problem fixed
This is what I see everyone on the forums asking for anyways. I don’t want to see everything mirrored but with the salt mine from destro about how incredibly good Runefang is and the old salt mine about how amazing Rampage is, I’m not surprised the devs are looking to mirror things.

I know Order does this too. Especially with the WL being made into Mara clone.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

anarchypark

Post#50 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm
chosens dont have a strength issue is my point... our dmg is mitigated through resistance instead of armor no idea what ur trying to say, of course strength raises base dmg :roll:

new tactic is stacking with str aura, you can invest other stats if str is already capped.
i've heard chosen having 700/700/700 stats.
now more stats. ( looking at thargrimm )

i don't get why chosens complaining.
you lost OP tactic and got stat buff one, in dps tree.
do you have any tactic in mind for replacement?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)