Ads

Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Post#11 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Saftdryck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 pm
I see work are done to "fix" quests and quest markers. That makes many people question, if there is any work done to fix broken stuff and not completely ignored just to fix some quests, which almost nobody does. As you have put it, we are testers in ALPHA. So this is legit concern of majority. Thanks for the work.

i don't know exact word but there are departments.
different ppl doing different things.
like submariners don't fly jet-fighters.
why do you think quest fix = ability fix,
cuz... it's 'fix' ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Urdeg

Post#12 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Saftdryck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:06 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:41 pm

I am quite aware. I asked this because there is no info shared, be it on bugtracker or anywhere else, what is the current situation. Is it work in progress? is it hard to solve? Does the team even know what makes it work/bug ? It's been long time since it was put in bugtracker.
I see work are done to "fix" quests and quest markers. That makes many people question, if there is any work done to fix broken stuff and not completely ignored just to fix some quests, which almost nobody does. As you have put it, we are testers in ALPHA. So this is legit concern of majority. Thanks for the work.
Since you didn't read, I'll give you the answers you're looking for.

TLC will be disabled in the next patch. We are incompetent, obviously.
Quests will be elevated to the highest priority until February. Any current work on dungeons and balance will be cancelled during this time.
Oh yes, that is the answer i was looking for. No no, like for reals. I intentionally forgot how Alpha works and misread and ingored the paragraph. Then i wrote a question and hid between lines some trolling and sarcasm for you to interprit in order to provoke or force your possible stress unto myself.

TLDR; So you 'aint fixing it? Gotcha.
I'd quit bugging the developers. You were never ahead.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Saftdryck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:06 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:41 pm

I am quite aware. I asked this because there is no info shared, be it on bugtracker or anywhere else, what is the current situation. Is it work in progress? is it hard to solve? Does the team even know what makes it work/bug ? It's been long time since it was put in bugtracker.
Since you didn't read, I'll give you the answers you're looking for.

TLC will be disabled in the next patch. We are incompetent, obviously.
Quests will be elevated to the highest priority until February. Any current work on dungeons and balance will be cancelled during this time.
Oh yes, that is the answer i was looking for. No no, like for reals. I intentionally forgot how Alpha works and misread and ingored the paragraph. Then i wrote a question and hid between lines some trolling and sarcasm for you to interprit in order to provoke or force your possible stress unto myself.

TLDR; So you 'aint fixing it? Gotcha.
The team members that can fix some abilities ae nt the same that fix quest or public quest . If we didn't fix some broken abilities for now it means we are unable to fix it yet or the Dev that can look into it are alreasy busy on another part of the game or another ability . As soon as we can look and fix it , it will be done in due time.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#14 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks for answer. This is answer i waited for. Thanks for all the work Grunbag
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Mausini

Post#15 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:57 pm
Saftdryck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:07 pm When does the team fix the WL pet and the Speed Training tactic bug? Or SH Tastes like Chicken? Been long time coming.
This is a exceptionally sticky and problematic issue, if you know of a 100% way to replicate the problem please advise the team.
The problem was already solved in the past. You rerolled the WL and the bugs came up (all of them). So, whats is the cause of the bugs and what would be a solution? Make a educated guess...

Firstly you have no clue what is or is not going on in the game and I personally have not touched the code at any point, ever, thats not my function but that is where the issue is so your "educated" guess is anything but. I would suggest staying on topic - Torque

wonshot

Post#16 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Shadowstep - This is now an instant cast ability but has had the Autoattack speed increase buff component removed.
Interesting. After testing for a little bit, it feels more smooth. But the issue of reaching a target on the move you still teleport to the location where the target was when you pressed Shadowstep. Instead of teleporting to the target's location when the traveling ends. Either if the end-location stuck with the target till you arrive, or if you add a short speedboost after succesful Shadowstep, to reach targets that move.

For now it works for teleporting to stillstanding backlinetargets, but not to reach kiting classes.
Depending on what you want the ability to fulfill maybe further adjustments are needed, but a very nice change from what I could tell after testing it today.

In a perfect dream it would be an instant blink that places you behind the target, but that is just a dream.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#17 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:07 pm
Shadowstep - This is now an instant cast ability but has had the Autoattack speed increase buff component removed.
Interesting. After testing for a little bit, it feels more smooth. But the issue of reaching a target on the move you still teleport to the location where the target was when you pressed Shadowstep. Instead of teleporting to the target's location when the traveling ends. Either if the end-location stuck with the target till you arrive, or if you add a short speedboost after succesful Shadowstep, to reach targets that move.
You already reduce distance to target by a large margin. There is no reason to land on top of the enemy or no counterplay would be possible.
Dying is no option.

Wiede

Post#18 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 pm You already reduce distance to target by a large margin. There is no reason to land on top of the enemy or no counterplay would be possible.
So whats the counterplay to pounce + speedboost and melee-snare?
Have a look at SH, they have both/even the godly trinitiy: range snare, pounce/speedboost and melee snare...
I can't see any logical reason to not have a melee snare as ASW and that without even having an SW.

Also i can imagine how clunky the actual snareplay of ASW feels.
For example when you need a Snare in ASW you have to wait 3,5s after snaring to be in your mainspec again. If that's not clunky i dont know what is.

As stated i don't have an SW, just thinking about it and ready to learn from other opinions about that.
Last edited by Wiede on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Wiede wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 pm You already reduce distance to target by a large margin. There is no reason to land on top of the enemy or no counterplay would be possible.
So whats the counterplay to pounce + speedboost and melee-snare?
Escpecially have a look at SH: they even have both: range snare, pounce/speedboost and melee snare...
I can't see any logical reason to not have an melee snare as ASW and that without even having an SW.

I can imagine how clunky the snareplay of ASW feels.
For example when you need a Snare in ASW you have to wait 3,5s after snaring to be in your mainspec again. If that's not clunky i dont know what is.
Well as a SW (like SM and BO and Mara) you have to actually plan your actions ahead of time. If swapping between two stances is a hindrance then SW is not a class for you honestly. Also as a ASW you should be knocking down as soon as you get within range and the enemy is mobile; plus if you're not just soloing in ORvR and you're spec'd as a ASW without a proper group you will be failing no matter what.
<Montague><Capulet>

Wiede

Post#20 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm Well as a SW (like SM and BO and Mara) you have to actually plan your actions ahead of time. If swapping between two stances is a hindrance then SW is not a class for you honestly. Also as a ASW you should be knocking down as soon as you get within range and the enemy is mobile; plus if you're not just soloing in ORvR and you're spec'd as a ASW without a proper group you will be failing no matter what.
It's not about stance-dancing, i'm aware of that.

It's about the only way to snare for an ASW that locks him out of his mainstance.

I mean: as ASW you want to snare to stay in melee-range, right?. But you lock yourself out of your stance (and make yourself vulnerable) by doing that.

And shadowstep doesn't seem to help that as said by others.
No wonder... After snaring you lose half of your snare duration cause of stance cd. Or you were chilling in Skirmish so no stance CD? Good you specced deep Assault to chill in Skirmish? And so on it just doesnt seems to be fluently.

I just dont get the idea/logic behind this. But perhabs its all fine and i'm dumb, i will see while leveling.