Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Post#91 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Danord wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm
Tamarlan wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Intention understood but I bet you achieve the opposite. Only time can tell but my bets are on emtpy instances and eventually a more flexible live-like wards system.
Actually not . Ppl grouping for dungeons cause it’s faster to get gear than pvp . After 21 hours of game time you can be full sentinel yif you start gunbad for the first time (3 run X 3hoursyy per run so 9 hours for gunbad) and 4Run X 3 hours per run so 12 hours for sentinels .

We won’t add wards like live for the reasons hargrim stated.

Wards are needed that way also to not let new level 40 player just chose the dungeon they want (let say ToVL) and be almost sov power without renown and skip all previous set and content .
Your forgetting the main issue and that is there will be very few doing them so making grps alone might take a hell of alot longer than your estimated times to do the dungeons.... And im certain on live you needed rr to get the sets (wards) as you should do here, so that way skipping content is limited so to speak.
There was no renown requirement on pve set on live . And we won’t give ward on pvp gear for the reasons I stated above .

Believe it or not , there’s some ppl who like doing pve .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#92 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 am
Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am What recent changes on sentinel ?
healers proc changed back to barrier
SH proc changed to healdebuff instead of disorient
tanks proc changed to same as conq instead of movement speed
slayer/choppa changed to heal on being hit instead of +crit boost

for example

There was some issue with those proc (for exemple crit proc doesn’t stack with gear crit bonus which make the proc useless , or elusive was stacking with the same proc on subjugator weapons) so we made a temporary rollback on certain sentinels proc until I create new one . Don’t worry I’ll make proc as usefull as removed one .

Sulorie

Post#93 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Danord wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:12 pm Having friend that maybe don't care much about pve helping out from time to time is nice and they could do so if pvp gear had wards. You do know most people don't care a **** ton about pve right?
Either they care enough to do pve to get pve items or not. All players have a choice. :)
Dying is no option.

Danord
Suspended

Post#94 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Actually not . Ppl grouping for dungeons cause it’s faster to get gear than pvp . After 21 hours of game time you can be full sentinel yif you start gunbad for the first time (3 run X 3hoursyy per run so 9 hours for gunbad) and 4Run X 3 hours per run so 12 hours for sentinels .

We won’t add wards like live for the reasons hargrim stated.

Wards are needed that way also to not let new level 40 player just chose the dungeon they want (let say ToVL) and be almost sov power without renown and skip all previous set and content .
Your forgetting the main issue and that is there will be very few doing them so making grps alone might take a hell of alot longer than your estimated times to do the dungeons.... And im certain on live you needed rr to get the sets (wards) as you should do here, so that way skipping content is limited so to speak.
There was no renown requirement on pve set on live . And we won’t give ward on pvp gear for the reasons I stated above .

So what your saying is no free choice, i get it. I guess it was abit better on live in that regard.

If the quest to obtain the gear was kept at x1 and not x3 as it is atm for all but highest tier dungeon it would be a abit more fair.

Little example. If you make a really good high dungeon (tovl) set wich is Bis for some classes and they don't have wards they are forced to either use second best or do all the pve from gunbad and up... 1month per dungeon in average sounds like fun and games to me..

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#95 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Danord wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm

So what your saying is no free choice, i get it. I guess it was abit better on live in that regard.

If the quest to obtain the gear was kept at x1 and not x3 as it is atm for all but highest tier dungeon it would be a abit more fair.

Little example. If you make a really good high dungeon (tovl) set wich is Bis for some classes and they don't have wards they are forced to either use second best or do all the pve from gunbad and up... 1month per dungeon in average sounds like fun and games to me..
So you better start getting wards now if you look for tyrant :)
We added those quest so you don’t have to spend too much time into the dungeon to get the set and to remove rng (back on live dungeons was only rng so it was longer to get )
If you don’t want to pve , then don’t do it .

Sigimund

Post#96 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Snoxx wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:37 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:58 pm Block essentially works as Parry Dodge and Disrupt, you save renown points by using it over the other two.
Not really, because Block is more expensive to buy than Parry or Dodge/Disrupt.

For example, for 1 renown point I can get:
3% parry or 3% dodge/disrupt or 1% block

For a full investment (19 points) into either renown spec I can get:
18% parry or 18% dodge/disrupt or 10% block

The math makes sense because every %block is as good as a %parry and a %dodge/disrupt together.
But the %block costs just as much as %parry and %dodge/disrupt together.
Something else to bear in mind is that block is frontal only. Dodge/disrupt is 360°.

Acidic

Post#97 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:19 am

The changes to lag seemed to make things a lot better , last nights fights were not so laggy, nice
Even if for some reason order seemed to have a rope tied between their Warbands. Maybe they just are scared to be on their own

Anyway forgot to say group health for non full groups also was looking goid
Last edited by Acidic on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

anarchypark

Post#98 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 am

block 20rr 10%
parry/dodge/disrupt 40rr 18%, 20rr 12%
it's choice, i can go with 10% block + futile strike or hardy concession.
still testing which is better survival, SnB or 2h.
but SnB feels better tanky.
max block is 18% with end gears i think.
28% is tank level.
( ofc you'll lose stats from other area )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Snoxx

Post#99 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:43 pm

After more playing and testing the new WP/DoK abilities, I'm feeling that the RF/SE resource management becomes near-impossible to manage. We got two new abilities who both drain our resource pool entirely when used (the sacrifice-skill and the "hold-the-line"-skill). I constantly end up having no resources left to use on other things like Divine Assault / Rend Soul, and many times I had to stop and use Supplication first before I even could HoT/cleanse myself or rezz a comrade.

RF management already was a difficult task before the new abilities were implemented, but now it seems near-impossible.

I think the problem is even worse for grace WPs than for sacrifice DoKs, because grace WP already had a very resource-hungry ability (Sigmar's Shield) and at the same time lack a skill to quickly refill those resources (check out Pillage Essence in DoK sacrifice tree).

Right now my "solution" is not to use Divine Assault nor Sigmar's Shield, but this feels like fighting with one hand tied to your back.

tl;dr:
With two new resource consuming abilities, and no improved ways to generate those resources, the resource management on grace WP and sacrifice DoK became near-impossible to manage.

doenny

Post#100 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm

I usually "HTL" only when getting to melee range then put shield on and start hiting = healing.

The issues you mention here might be solved with the idea I wrote before, make one single target heal ability like Divinte Strike be AOE ability without single target needed. This could refill your RF effectively for each target hit and does some aoe heals to.
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60