Ads

Server Patch notes 24/11/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
roadkillrobin

Re: Server Patch notes 24/11/2018

Post#31 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 pm The changes to DoK/WP pretty much killed the last enjoyeble spec I had in this game on classes I still enjoy playing, so thats it for me. (The 2-3 times a month I still play)

Not being able to use Sigmars Radience and Transfer Essence with Chalice narrows the class down to backline heal spamming without any heal variation builds at all.
Only having acess to the new skills(old) that scales with damage is completly pointless to use with a 150 str build.
Play hybrid, like I do!

So far I am really liking the changes. All three specs are now quite defined, both in function and in appearance.
Thats what I did.
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
And
RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

It was perfectly adapteble to any sitation due to the regen and the melee heal was decent enough with the base heals from those skills. (Healed about 400-500/gcd) Without regen from Book and Chalice I HAVE to be in melee range all the time which is not even possible.

I think a better idea would be to reduce the heal negatraits from Divine Fury and Murderours Intent/Fanaticism if wielding a shield.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:55 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 pm
I think a better idea would be to reduce the heal negatraits from Divine Fury and Murderours Intent/Fanaticism if wielding a shield.
Definitely food for thought.

Rydiak

Post#33 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:06 pm

The problem I still see is the shield requirement/change to Sigmar's Radiance does nothing to help Grace's age-old problem: being completely useless when the situation is currently too dangerous to jump into melee combat.

The shield does barely anything to assist in survival, as the stats it provides barely match those of a 2hander and the block % is abysmally low. With the new changes to Wrath I'd like to see Intimidating Repent go back baseline and Hastened Divinity go back into the Wrath tree. This would at least allow Grace to pickup Intimidating Repent without having to avoid the Salvation tree entirely (hurting hybrid-spec), and would thus free Grace up from requiring a Guard babysitter.

Edit after some more playtime- I have no problem with hybrid spec (Grace with 1h/book or 2hander that doesn't take DF/Fan, and also gears for some willpower) being killed if Grace as a whole is improved, but that currently isn't the case (e.g. still needs a lot more work). Right now you either do less healing with Sigmar's Radiance because of the 1hander you are forced to carry in comparison to the previous 2hander (less damage equals less healing), or you can't carry a book anymore and therefore have reduced Righteous Fury gain. PLUS, you lose the strikethrough bonus you would have had from a 2hander, so your likelyhood of even landing a Sigmar's Radiance goes down 10%.

Divine Strike, while nice and very useful for healing outside of party (a big issue with Grace previously) is still tied to physical damage and thus GREATLY hindered by armor. Divine Strike also does a lot less damage than Sigmar's Radiance, not to mention having no base heal, so it ends up healing less than Sigmar's Radiance. So all in all, this patch is currently a nerf for Grace for requiring a shield to be equipped to use Sigmar's Radiance. You either use a shield and 1hander and do less Sigmar's Radiance healing, or you ignore a shield and do NO Sigmar's Radiance healing. Still, Divine Strike is a welcome addition to the Grace arsenal.
Last edited by Rydiak on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Making AOE detaunt core is something we could do.

Also: this iteration of WP/DOK changes is not the final one; there are some other things to come.

Rydiak

Post#35 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Good to hear, gents. Thanks for the continual changes.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Mythrendir

Post#36 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Mausini wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:01 pm According to this thread viewtopic.php?f=98&t=28693 you just implemented a huge prio 2 change. Where are the prio 1 changes?
Thank you for demonstrating why we generally don't work off priority lists. Things don't always work out that way.
While we appreciate the tremendous work you guys are putting in this game, there are classes in Priority list #1, especially the White Lion, that are in dire need and crucial urgency to buff/balance and fix. While its clear you that there is no obligation to work off priority lists, some of us who play that classes are pleading with you (especially WL seriously) that we can seethe much needed changes of priority list #1 in next major patch or in near future .

While the decision is in your hands, I hope you can appreciate this perspective and that for now most of will obviously remain loyal fans of the gameplan on class balancing in this game. Unlike the mess at live, I love that this server is actually trying to tackle the difficulty of class balancing and for that I thank you, merci beaucoup.

qwerty113

Post#37 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Spoiler:
Natherul wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 pm the new currency boxes are malfunctioning, we are looking into it
Natherul how about change Vansquisher proc to buff melee/magic power for light armored classes but hight crit/dps sensivity.Like wh/we or bw/sorc(in vansquisher proc - its weapon skill for all melee and useless 0 od on next attack proc for casters), becouse truly hard to kill average defensive enemy when you have light armor and less parry (weapon skill isn't insrease parry now). proc on 100 melee power or magic power doesn't do much in balance, but give more effectivness for squishy dps classes.
We dont take requests for gear and this has nothing to do with patch notes. Stay on topic.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

vskdaxnaoum1

Post#38 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 pm

hello , changed emblems for 1 to 1 already..i lost them now ?

Ads
neutrino

Post#39 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Sounds scary right? What are they messing with now.....
You could not have said it better. Why work on these classes where there is still so much broke with the game?

I would vote for more stability coding versus changing the classes.

Check what's going on with the contribution system. In my opinion its a bunch of BS to be fighting hard in a low pop zone and then have your loot roll nerfed to the ground because other players logon throwing the numbers off. I think these fixes mentioned for contribution my be pointing to this issue.

It's probably time to get rid of the white bags. They are just an annoyance now. Enable the swap item system for genesis pieces.

Also, please enable scen queues while in warbands. We can then still have a 6 man and include other guildies in a WB while playing. At least try it out for one week.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Glorian

Post#40 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:47 am

[Guild]
- Delayed the guild info from being sent until 30 seconds after init. This is an attempt to combat the dreaded guild bug. Worst case when you login your not a part of a guild until the timer runs out.
KRUTT YEAH! :D
I was capable of logging in on first try, and didn't get any DC when changing zone.
Now I need to check some SCs and I then can begin to play them.

Thanks a lot!
We had allways players who weren't capapble of logging in 8 or 12 times.