Server Patch notes 27/10/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Server Patch notes 27/10/2018

Post#51 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm
zumos2 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm Community whines about BW being the only good bombing option for order warbands:

lol
You should read the context behind said changes, and know that the elemental debuff component will be removed.
but why on the first hand it got implemented. After all you do balance discussion and all changes goes withing several steps of approval and now we got change that got reverted an hour after implementation. This is super bizarre and speak about lack of communication and panic move from devs
1) BW M2 reverted because Order are being shat on by Destro in RVR due to displacement woes and the lack of a solidified DPS setup that can (yet) counter Destro's. We gave it back along with the RP armor debuff to see how that would fare. We'll gather results, tinker and finetune a bit, and then try out some SW & WL small & incremental changes. The intent is to get to a state where we can definitively remove the BW M2, but for now it is needed for Order to stand a chance against Destro.

2) The elemental debuff may have been an oversight, but rest assured that it will be looked into ASAP and has been made aware.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#52 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:10 pm

I understand the argument that they dont want to indirectly buff BWs, but RP only have elemental damage. I dont think there is a great need to increase RP dps. That doesnt change the fact that they seem to be missing out on a debuff because it would help another class that officially doesnt need help.

In any case when are these changes supposed to take effect? Concussive Runes doesnt seem to be debuffing armor.

Acidic

Post#53 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 pm

And u follow this up how, organized WB will only have BW as dps for the main part so any tweaking of other classes won’t be visible .

Sorry I just hear we are lost as we don’t know any other class on order to buff to spread some utility/damage about so buff BW

Gruikgruik

Post#54 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks for the HALLOWEEN EVENT ;)
Un groupe de loups, c'est une meute. Un groupe de vaches, c'est un troupeau. Un groupe d'hommes, c'est souvent une bande de c...

Saltos

Post#55 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm 1) BW M2 reverted because Order are being shat on by Destro in RVR due to displacement woes and the lack of a solidified DPS setup that can (yet) counter Destro's. We gave it back along with the RP armor debuff to see how that would fare. We'll gather results, tinker and finetune a bit, and then try out some SW & WL small & incremental changes. The intent is to get to a state where we can definitively remove the BW M2, but for now it is needed for Order to stand a chance against Destro.

2) The elemental debuff may have been an oversight, but rest assured that it will be looked into ASAP and has been made aware.
Order is being mauled because there are barely organized guilds left, those that are run at (effectively) 10% capacity, as most of their (core) members have left (not necessarily because of balance as such, but the implications of what has since transpired).
You could hand order a literal 'I-win-button' and it would make barely any difference, you could hammer away at destro and it, equally, would make barely any difference - more or less miserable is still just miserable, it needs more than superficial changes to fix RvR.

E: Added two words.
Last edited by Saltos on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The avatar of Salt and Shitlord'ery.
Take me seriously and you'll lose your mind, matey.

peterthepan3

Post#56 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Saltos wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm 1) BW M2 reverted because Order are being shat on by Destro in RVR due to displacement woes and the lack of a solidified DPS setup that can (yet) counter Destro's. We gave it back along with the RP armor debuff to see how that would fare. We'll gather results, tinker and finetune a bit, and then try out some SW & WL small & incremental changes. The intent is to get to a state where we can definitively remove the BW M2, but for now it is needed for Order to stand a chance against Destro.

Order is being mauled because there are barely organized guilds left, those that are run at 10%
capacity, as most of their members have left (not necessarily because of balance as such, but the implications of what has since transpired).
You could hand order a literal 'I-win-button' and it would make barely any difference, you could hammer away at destro and it, equally, would make barely any difference - more or less miserable is still just miserable, it needs more than superficial changes to fix RvR.
Dan and I are doing all within our power to try and keep people playing. Even when DND were playing, the discrepancies between the two realms were glaringly obvious and, along with Dan (and the rest of the lads who unfortunately decided to leave the team), I have been committed to trying to help alleviate some of these issues.

Apologies to the community if you feel that it is a case of too little, too late. We will keep trying.

Saltos

Post#57 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:19 pm
Saltos wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Order is being mauled because there are barely organized guilds left, those that are run at 10%
capacity, as most of their members have left (not necessarily because of balance as such, but the implications of what has since transpired).
Dan and I are doing all within our power to try and keep people playing. Even when DND were playing, the discrepancies between the two realms were glaringly obvious, and along with Dan (and the rest of the lads who unfortunately decided to leave the team) I have been committed to trying to help alleviate some of these issues.

Apologies to the community if you feel that it is a case of too little, too late. We will keep trying.
It is not that is too little, too late - albeit it's an aspect of it. It is that those left of your team (balance) specifically are fighting windmills.
Playing a game that's not up-to-notch isn't as much of an issue as witnessing your struggle, tbh. The former induces boredom, the latter is kinda heartwrenching - especially if you folks on the peripheries take the brunt of the backlash.
The avatar of Salt and Shitlord'ery.
Take me seriously and you'll lose your mind, matey.

peterthepan3

Post#58 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Elemental debuff component from Concussive Runes will be removed. In the interim, if you have any suggestions for an additional effect to add to it please let us know here (bearing in mind, of course, that you must follow the correct format when giving your feedback).

Cheers.

Ads
Wam

Post#59 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:05 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:33 pm
Cheers.

@Patient Balance mods
It is a sad state of affairs to be honest with random knee jerk changes that trolls both sides, good ideas get blocked and band aid fixes cause other problems which alienate the population on both sides and reduce numbers and health of server overall with all the misdirection that is going on. One step forward two steps back. Would of really hoped dev's learnt from past mistakes by now its getting tedious to keep faith and inspire others. Hard to trust the direction and decision making... when there is so much hostility to fixing order dps classes besides BW... you know the one which makes the others look pathetic and unplayable in comparison.

Yeah order dps classes needed some love... but the one class which didn't need any, gets all the love. A nerfed BW was still better than all the other choices... a unnerfed BW million times better than all the other choices. Who in their right mind (besides roleplayers who only play one race) would even consider taking something else over BW now?

The difference between realms is utility... destro have other classes doing different roles... order have just one which is the strongest dps which you just buffed to increase its threat... so the gap between BW > rest of order dps is even wider (RIP to them)... why even have the choice to make other order dps characters when you get pigeonholed into one. I don't understand the resistance to closing the gap between order dps and the fireclown, and then the realm disparity of utility still exists... closing with raw damage from the troublesome flavour of the game class is not the answer. Creating and buffing niche roles on other order dps classes is the way to go otherwise they are useless and are waste of space and resources in orvr.

I say this knowing full well i could put a rag tag order WB together if desired and abuse this but it doesn't fix the core issues which is slowly killing the community and orders psychological morale, allowing one side to get too dominant without fixing the elephant in the room (orders lack of alternative viable wb dps/utility cant compete with fireclown) so they atleast have the tools to compete fairly. Give them the tools, if they don't use them then its on the players. But if they don't have the tools then cannot fault players at all, in fact i have alot of respect for order but still need to be brutal to them and hope they get fixed properly.

Hard to take words for granted on past experience here, something temporary might become permanent... instead of the real issues addressed and the lack of diversity which pins one hand of order behind its back... its get smashed because people bored of playing BW and BW Alone as the only viable threat in a warband. Take min/max out of it for a second, compare pug warbands as they are the bread and butter of the server... not even taking leadership differences into account, just general class composition versus.

Also giving something, then taking away again will cause problems further down the line if they get too used to it then its gone... just seems like more tears and more imbalance issues for a later date... so if we are playing the game of giving and taking away things why can't choppa's overpowered and broken pull be reverted too? and giving something else worthwhile to compensate them to readdress that one massive disparity and oversight between the two realms.

So are things finally going to move in the right direction? or are things just going to be re-labelled and false promises same old same old? new sc, new fort, and new gear is not enough of a carrot btw to fix things... game balance is fundamental and so is realm balance and server population. Im always thinking ahead to the future and no offense but if the ball keeps on being dropped time and time again after many, many chances... then the long term prospects do not look favourable for the server health and population balance(you need people to fight on both sides to play the game). So how can one reaffirm the confidence of getting the project back on track where it should be? where stability and balance is the priority... or there will be nothing left. I don't care for fluff items and repeat events if the core gameplay is broken and ignored.

I am just curious because I have heard things before and nothing happend... and as a guild leader i have to look out for my guildmates best interests, and also I try to look out for the community as a whole because if there is nothing left to fight then RIP... hopefully next week is more a challenge with these changes but it doesn't solve the root problems of disparity.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Rumpel

Post#60 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:42 pm

No one here has problems with completely missing everything on his chars?o0 I even can't outlooutlog because computer says no....im dead, but I'm walking around...naked...with nothing. Hellooooooo...
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: