Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

Re: Server Patch notes 27/10/2018

Post#41 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Acidic wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:09 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:03 pm

It has to be replaced because it provides a significant damage buff for AOE BW. Will factor in your suggestion, and I remind people that there exists a proposal open for such feedback.
So you have to tone down a support class to allow for boosting top damage source, hmm good plan?
Not sure if you understood what I said (I think I was clear, but just in case I wasn't), so I'll reiterate: 1) AOE BW does not need any buffs; 2) New CR tactic buffs AOE BW; 3) CR tactic needs to be looked at again so that it a) doesn't buff AOE BW, while b) benefits the RP (as well as the realm via armor debuff).
I understood what u wrote but as u gave back M2 moral u have buffed BW AOE
You suggest that cr tactic needs to be looked at then surly leaving the support in place and not returning the M2 would have similar benefits but the route taken was to up the solo preformCe of said BW.
Anyway I stop posting as think it’s clear I disagree and am adding tone in my comments and they are unessasary

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Acidic wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:28 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Acidic wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:09 pm

So you have to tone down a support class to allow for boosting top damage source, hmm good plan?
Not sure if you understood what I said (I think I was clear, but just in case I wasn't), so I'll reiterate: 1) AOE BW does not need any buffs; 2) New CR tactic buffs AOE BW; 3) CR tactic needs to be looked at again so that it a) doesn't buff AOE BW, while b) benefits the RP (as well as the realm via armor debuff).
I understood what u wrote but as u gave back M2 moral u have buffed BW AOE
You suggest that cr tactic needs to be looked at then surly leaving the support in place and not returning the M2 would have similar benefits but the route taken was to up the solo preformCe of said BW.
Anyway I stop posting as think it’s clear I disagree and am adding tone in my comments and they are unessasary

I welcome your posts, mate, and understand if you're a bit pissed off.

BW M2 was given back (along with Marauder's M2) as a temporary thing. We have heard (and witnessed/experienced) that Order's WB situation is dire right now, so while we figure out how to make other classes shine, in the interim we wanted to enable Order to actually function right now. We understand that it's an Alpha server, and in an ideal world people would be willing to wait (for as long as is deemed necessary) for things to materialise, but it was a case of needs must as we do not want to deter people from playing the game while we think of ways of making other classes more desirable within an Order WB.

Had we solely reverted the BW M2 I would definitely be pissed off if I were a destro WB player, which is why we reverted Marauder M2 as well (for now). Marauder M2 was used in 6v6, too, and its readjusting meant that Marauder had no dmg m2 to use in group play so we had extra incentive to revert Marauder's M2, and not just 'coz BW'.

I hope I explained myself thoroughly.

lefze
Suspended

Post#43 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:43 pm

mubbl wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm Okay reset was pressed for rvr, back to arcade style 7secs win or lose...yeah
Armor debuff for order sounds nice, cant wait to see nearly undefendable/unmetigational dmg from slayers with 50%+ crit chance, some nice free parry 20%, some crit dmg+ and around 60%+ armor pen
So rampage for destro next?
@lefze:
Hahaha THAT guy again?
Rip Phalanx

qwerty113

Post#44 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:22 pm

And they talking something about order whine.. Revert morals its only 1 thing what order got really good for somehow changing orvr total destro domination, and they starts crying about m2 ?! You want play empty zones or what ?
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Acidic

Post#45 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:27 pm

qwerty113 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:22 pm And they talking something about order whine.. Revert morals its only 1 thing what order got really good for somehow changing orvr total destro domination, and they starts crying about m2 ?! You want play empty zones or what ?
You misunderstand the problem. It’s not that it’s there it that it’s on BW and with this setup there is no place for any other class so any balancechanges to there classes can compete , aka why the situation is as it is. No other order classes are considered WB effective and are ignored as order is competitive with just fire clowns.
My personal choice would be remove all damage morals from all classes but that’s me :)

navis

Post#46 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Of the several BW nerfs over past year-ish, the morale 2 nerf hit BW for smaller and ungrouped and outnumbered quite hard, it was unwarranted IMHO. I'd have looked at trying to make sure it doesn't stack as to changing the scope of BW play across every situation (scenarios and rvr). Not all BW are bombers, believe me.

That said, now that GF is back for Marauder I would suggest it's range be kept within bounds of the class archetype. (I forget what it was set to before but that it was at once 80ft or something silly). ;-

cheers

zumos2

Post#47 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Community whines about BW being the only good bombing option for order warbands:

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 am
[Class Changes]

Bright Wizard
The Morale 2 ability 'Ruin and Destruction' has now been reverted back to its original form, and will now function as an instant 1.2k AOE.

Rune Priest
Tactic Concussive runes will now augment Rune of cleaving with an elemental debuff and an armour debuff

lol
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm

zumos2 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm Community whines about BW being the only good bombing option for order warbands:

[Class Changes]

Bright Wizard
The Morale 2 ability 'Ruin and Destruction' has now been reverted back to its original form, and will now function as an instant 1.2k AOE.

Rune Priest
Tactic Concussive runes will now augment Rune of cleaving with an elemental debuff and an armour debuff

lol
You should read the context behind said changes, and know that the elemental debuff component will be removed.

Ads
Nameless

Post#49 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm
zumos2 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm Community whines about BW being the only good bombing option for order warbands:

[Class Changes]

Bright Wizard

Rune Priest

lol
You should read the context behind said changes, and know that the elemental debuff component will be removed.
but why on the first hand it got implemented. After all you do balance discussion and all changes goes withing several steps of approval and now we got change that got reverted an hour after implementation. This is super bizarre and speak about lack of communication and panic move from devs
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

zumos2

Post#50 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 pm
Spoiler:

[Class Changes]

Bright Wizard

Rune Priest

lol
Oh I know what is behind this and it is not YOUR willingness to make good changes. While the team has some good willed people, a couple of rot apples mess it up for everyone, while the good guys stay silent.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen