Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Server Patch notes 01/09/2018

Post#1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:04 am

Azarael

[Combat]
- The global cooldown for entities that are not players no longer benefits from cooldown grace. This means that player global cooldown remains 1.1 seconds, but pets and creatures will have 1.5 seconds.
- Pets receive 75% less damage from AoE attacks.
- Pets are no longer excluded from the group heal.
- Pets in Aggressive stance will shift target when the pet's master has a different target than the pet, and the pet's master issues an attack against that target.
- Pets in all stances will no longer resume their attack on a given target as a result of damage they previously inflicted upon that target, for example, DoT ticks.
- The Panic! debuff from Flee will automatically cause pets to heel.

[Morale]
- The morale scaler has been reintroduced. 12 morale per second when facing off against 6 men, scaling up to 36 per second (current rate) when facing 3 warbands.
- You will receive a bonus to morale when outnumbered and a penalty when outnumbering the foe. At this point it's only called "morale" because it's effort to change the name anywhere. It should be called Adrenaline or something, which would make more sense - under the strictest definition of Morale you would have a "strong get stronger" effect, which is useless.
- The morale scaler is reductive: the underlying "base" Morale is 36 per second, which means all pump and drain effects are scaled down as well.

Couple of factors:
- Significant pressure on me to revert the change because of the overwhelming prevalence of bombing.
- I have plans which will make this matter much less anyway.

[Abilities]
- Adjusted some of the ability backend for a different threading model. This will cause some abilities which invoke buffs to improve, as the buff will apply instantly rather than on the next server tick, but may also cause random issues.

Shadow Warrior
- Fell The Weak now correctly checks for bonus damage on hit and not on cast.

Squig Herder
- Finish 'Em Off now correctly checks for bonus damage on hit and not on cast.

[World]

Max
- Support for purchasing items which require trading.
- Fix for buying multiple items which are not stackable (used to take money but not give you item).
- Support for repeatable timed quest. (e.g. dailys, weeklys, etc)
- Support for expiring quests. (e.g. you must complete objectives and hand in quest in 10 mins)

Lheana
- Cleaned many NPCs and GOs as they were related to Sigmartide event

[Interface]

Max
- Fixed some addons.

[RvR]

Hargrim

- It is now possible to spawn siege weapons (cannons and rams) at warcamp when your own keep was taken by opponent and turned into ruin.

Max
- Supply crates are now smaller and can be walked over.

[Items]

Lheana
- Sigmar's Call and Viper's Return will now expire after 30 days and have a cooldown of 2h

[Quests]

Lheana
- Quest line 'Lost in Translation' have been deactivated as it is an introduction to the Land of the Dead

[Tickets]

Lheana
[12215] NPC should now be targetable

Sioding
[12211] Changed the quest description to make it clearer what to kill for "Burden of the Land".
[12083] Quest deactived cause it was attached to a never released event.
[12221] Questmarkers fixed for questline "Crushing the Reavers".

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Server Patch notes 01/09/2018

Post#2 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 am

awesome qol pet changes

Acidic

Post#3 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 am

Awesome

oaliaen

Post#4 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:02 am

very good..lets see in battle field

Azarael

Post#5 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 am

Issued a hotfix for tactic issues affecting sub-rank 40s.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:57 pm

"Max
- Supply crates are now smaller and can be walked over."

Oh thank Sigmar at last!!!!
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Azarael

Post#7 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:27 pm

As the server destabilized, I have taken the time to patch for the aura NullReferenceException, Drain Magic and Yer Not So Bad being parried and an issue with abandonment of quests which was appearing in the backend.

navis

Post#8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:04 am Azarael

[Combat]

Max
- Supply crates are now smaller and can be walked over.
I appreciate this fix, but I also would like to address the visibility of the crates, which I'd found to be already rather smallish, especially now since there is no color highlights around the object.
Perhaps add the color highlights back? I've seen many players sitting at Objectives not even notice supplies.

(on a tangent suggestion) - I had suggested that supplies originating at BO's, supplies which drop at BO's or Keeps, to automatically get added to realms resources.
why? In my playtesting and experience I thought it would simply be better to focus more on 'carrying' supplies when they are dropping in the lakes areas, as well as to focus players movements to moving towards BO's and not away from them.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#9 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Awwww, sucks that morale gains was nerfed again... those damn premades ruin everything.
It's not like they even fight one another outside of the occasional SC.

I was hoping to see roaming mobs for t2+ zones, as a lot of us don't quest in t1, so we don't get to see/appreciate all the hard work Hargrim (+others?) put into it. . T1 feels like it's a whole new world finally brought to life.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Dissatisfied with the morale gain changes, but meh, your game.
Seems one cannot force players to organize themselves into competitive warbands capable of running with tight organisation, so nerfing morales to pug vs pug warfare is how it goes then. The good warbands will kill regardless of morales, and the bad ones blob up in case someone tries coordinate a scary 9 target morale dump on their frontlines which they cannot be bothered to counter. :)

Especially weird given that Order now has 4 possible drains achievable with relative ease and Destro still runs maras when they care enough to, allowing a lot to happen in a fight where one(or both!) side is determined enough to run proper debuffs to counter possible enemy morale bursts.