Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
roadkillrobin

Re: Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Post#91 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:05 pm
roadkillrobin wrote:...
Because if you reduce the AP gained to 25 you still have melee AoE classes returning more AP than they spend with an AoE for hitting a certain number of targets. That will not stand. There will not be a skill on one realm, that has no equivalent on the opposite realm, that grants infinite AP to MDPS.

Your comments regarding deliberately making certain features of a class overperform are so mindblowing that I can't marshall a response, so I'll just say that we won't ever subscribe to that philosophy. By all means, make classes that have specs defined around a certain role. But advocating making single abilities de facto overpowered?

I will be mirroring it to RP's in the next patch.
Then reduce to proc rate to 10% then, Reduce radius to 50 feet? I also gotta ask are the ritual procing on offhand attacks? Coz offhand shouldn't proc anything as it's supose to be proc it self. If it's not then i don't see how melee benefits more then ranged as some can land 4 attacks at almoast the same timestamp.

Your definition of overpeforming in this game is probobly not equal to mine. Example, Shattered Limb compared to SH version is imo overpeforming coz it can be casted undefendble and is imo still not broken coz without it Slayers wouldn't see play in large scale at all.

Ads
Wdova

SM Phoenix WIng

Post#92 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:26 pm

Possible removing 2H requirements from Phoenix Wing since it doennt below to 2H dps tree anymore?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

CoffeeForAll

Post#93 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:46 am

Mirroring the ap ritual, is the best option available. It is my opinion, that combat encounters should have an ebb and flow to them, rather than an unending pressure, that only ends when people are dead. There are other ap skills and tactics, that never see any use, simply because they can't compete with innervation.

If classes have actual ap problems, then i'm confident that the RoR staff will adjust things. But having to stop spamming attacks for a second or two, or staying near a class that can feed you ap, is not really what I would classify as an ap problem.

kweedko

Post#94 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:20 am

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:05 pm
roadkillrobin wrote:...
Because if you reduce the AP gained to 25 you still have melee AoE classes returning more AP than they spend with an AoE for hitting a certain number of targets. That will not stand. There will not be a skill on one realm, that has no equivalent on the opposite realm, that grants infinite AP to MDPS.

Almost every dps(melee and ranged) class in the game have access to some kind of infinity AP, exept maybe WL and healers in dd specs, so yeah lets nerf DDZEALOT - they breaking the game. Oh those men in high castle who never learn. :mrgreen:

And here a song fo your, about mirroring it to RP -

Click here to watch on YouTube

Sulorie

Post#95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:11 am

kweedko wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:20 am

Almost every dps(melee and ranged) class in the game have access to some kind of infinity AP, exept maybe WL and healers in dd specs, so yeah lets nerf DDZEALOT - they breaking the game. Oh those men in high castle who never learn. :mrgreen:
With some gimmicky tactics nobody will slot. DD zealot haven't more ap problems than anyone else. Excuse me but you talk a lot nonsense.
Dying is no option.

Rynocerous

Post#96 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:32 am

kweedko wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:20 am Almost every dps(melee and ranged) class in the game have access to some kind of infinity AP, exept maybe WL and healers in dd specs, so yeah lets nerf DDZEALOT - they breaking the game. Oh those men in high castle who never learn. :mrgreen:
I'm sorry, but I'm having problems grasping this (and a lot of other so-called 'feedback') in the thread. And by 'grasping' I mean 'what do you expect if you talk to people like that?'

Lookl, I get the frustration. I'm not wild about some of the changes, and I'm not sold on others. But the game is in an alpha state and it has been stated repeatedly that things may change or get reverted.

Given this, and the general disposition of the people making such changes, which is likeliest to be most effective in communication what you want?

a) calm and reasoned discussion with lots of non-subjective examples, a listing of the pros and cons, and laying out why changes are problematic

or

b) immature histrionics and name-calling of the devs, along with suggestions of (pick one, they're all stupid) : incompetence, bias, stupidity, or outright malfeasance.

The main thing we need to take away from the changes is this : if the model of WAR live had been successful it would still be around. AO is still around. UO is still around. Jesus wept, they rebooted TSW and it has the worst combat I've seen outside of a little-league game.

We may need radical changes -- elimination of the pet for WL, or making more core changes to what is and is not possible -- and to SEE IF THEY WORK WE HAVE TO TRY THEM.

If 'opinion' is nothing more than 'well I play this way and now I can't so it sucks and so do devs' that isn't moving us forward.

My own thoughts:

1) I like most of the changes to SM, although I wonder about the utility of it in end-game
2) I dislike the changes to WL mostly due to the damned lore-incorrect cat still being part of the class.
3) You said you were satisfied for the most part with SM -- does that mean that at some point before beta you will say "okay, this class is not changing any more period" or is it more like there won't be a full overhaul of how trees and skills work as with WL?
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

Azarael

Post#97 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 am

"Satisfied with SM" means I foresee little, if any, further change to the class on RoR.

Don't mind kweedko, by the way. If he values his newfound right to talk to devs in that way more than he values actually being listened to, then that's his problem. It shouldn't come as a surprise that I don't listen to people like him.

kweedko

Post#98 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:49 am

So what we learn:
1. Talking about facts is hiseria.
2. If some one replying to you called devs stupid than it's you call them stupid.
3. War died cause of WAR balance issues, not from absents of new content for years.
4. If you don't like them just don't read them.
5. DDZEALOTS - are imbalanced, it's time to nerf them even harder. (Throw us a bone first, then beat to death)

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#99 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:02 am

kweedko wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:49 am So what we learn:
1. Talking about facts is hiseria.
2. If some one replying to you called devs stupid than it's you call them stupid.
3. War died cause of WAR balance issues, not from absents of new content for years.
4. If you don't like them just don't read them.
5. DDZEALOTS - are imbalanced, it's time to nerf them even harder. (Throw us a bone first, then beat to death)
War lost a significant amount of players due to still brought up balance issues when the game is mentioned anywhere. The game was pretty much over for War way before lack of expansions became an issue. Going up against WotLK would have done for any game though. I think if War had gone against any other wow expansion it might have survived.
Hardly affects dps zealot. Its fast attacking mdps that it hits.

kweedko

Post#100 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:45 am

Telen wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:02 am War lost a significant amount of players due to still brought up balance issues when the game is mentioned anywhere. The game was pretty much over for War way before lack of expansions became an issue. Going up against WotLK would have done for any game though. I think if War had gone against any other wow expansion it might have survived.
Hardly affects dps zealot. Its fast attacking mdps that it hits.
War lost a significant amount of players due to TONNS of BUGs at the start, performance issues and lack of QA in development.
The game was over when they put in chage fat TROLL Carrie Guskos and implemented the "RATs content" patch which no one ask instead of new playable races, classes, tiers, or any other high quality content.