Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 19th August

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nidwin

Re: Client Changelog 19th August

Post#151 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 pm And I dunno about you, but if I were in a WB/AOE 6man with an AoE Sorc during a Keep Defense, I can't honestly think of a better spec to rake in the renown/kills (while at a distance) than Changing: Panda + Glean + Flamer + Mist + Firestorm = p o t e n t t t midrange aoe DPS. Pair it with a DPS Zealot for AOE HD and watch pugs melt. Sure, Rift will provide more PBAOE burst...but that requires being in the frontlines and having a tank; Changing allows Magi to stay in the back while dishing out solid AOE DPS - facilitating to a different playstyle. We would do well not to underestimate the value of Firestorm's snare, too, which is incredibly potent if part of a RDPS 6-man - both in sc and rvr.
Magus 2
Changing: Flamer + Mist + Glean + Panda + Firestorm
Magus 1
Daemonology: Flamer Aegis + rift + Panda + IB + AT + lash

I gave it some thought Yesterday in the pub after work and this double Magus aoe combo may be slighly OP. I'm not convinced that 2 healers can heal through this even without a heal debuff. Both Magus could even add Seed in their rotation on two soft targets and the changing Magus could may be even add Surge + Infernal Pain before the tornado.

The Magus has now 2 aoe mastery trees that are complementary.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
hammerhead

Post#152 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 am Magus 2
In light of the current (and the imminent future) rework, I probably will not have enough patience to get my Magus to 40 quickly, so I'll ask here.
In general, does the combination of Infernal Pain and Surging Powers tactics worth to slot for additional damage from Surge of Insanity to 6 targets?
(\|)o0(|/)

peterthepan3

Post#153 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:51 am

hammerhead wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am
In light of the current (and the imminent future) rework, I probably will not have enough patience to get my Magus to 40 quickly, so I'll ask here.
In general, does the combination of Infernal Pain and Surging Powers tactics worth to slot for additional damage from Surge of Insanity to 6 targets?
Nah, there's much better tactics to be using.

Nidwin

Post#154 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 am

hammerhead wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am
No, as mentioned by peter. But in the case of double Magus aoe combo it could be considered to just have that itsy bitsy dps added, same for Seed that's not that great either.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Crumbs

Post#155 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 am

Incoming magus aoe manslaughter meat mincer with added roiling winds instant 1.2k unmitigatable aoe damage looking real good
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Stinkyweed

Post#156 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Squig Goo went from Ranged AoE DoT + snare to PBAoE DD + snare. The SH has a PBAoE snare/kickback already. Was changing the morale to PBAoE intended, and if so was it meant to fit in more with the melee build? As a ranged herder, I am struggling to justify slotting this morale because IMO being within 30ft of a target is a mistake unless your group has complete control of the battlefield.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

dansari

Post#157 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Stinkyweed wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:07 pm Squig Goo went from Ranged AoE DoT + snare to PBAoE DD + snare. The SH has a PBAoE snare/kickback already. Was changing the morale to PBAoE intended, and if so was it meant to fit in more with the melee build? As a ranged herder, I am struggling to justify slotting this morale because IMO being within 30ft of a target is a mistake unless your group has complete control of the battlefield.
All of those morales were equalized to be close range 30ft.
<Salt Factory>

kabbolt

Post#158 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:31 pm

One more Upgrade for the CHoppa and not one useless.. The spec Hybrid is now totally viable on the Choppa, jayjay the meta of this Game is destroy.. Happy destro! More tank ! Think : when you edit a Mdps you edit all the game...

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#159 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:17 pm

kabbolt wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:31 pm One more Upgrade for the CHoppa and not one useless.. The spec Hybrid is now totally viable on the Choppa, jayjay the meta of this Game is destroy.. Happy destro! More tank ! Think : when you edit a Mdps you edit all the game...
This is the sort of 'feedback' that is anything but constructive. :roll:

Stinkyweed

Post#160 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm
Stinkyweed wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:07 pm Squig Goo went from Ranged AoE DoT + snare to PBAoE DD + snare. The SH has a PBAoE snare/kickback already. Was changing the morale to PBAoE intended, and if so was it meant to fit in more with the melee build? As a ranged herder, I am struggling to justify slotting this morale because IMO being within 30ft of a target is a mistake unless your group has complete control of the battlefield.
All of those morales were equalized to be close range 30ft.
Can you explain why the ranged DPS morales where normalized to PBAoE? I am ignorant to the why, so am unable to understand the why.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo