oaliaen

Re: Client Changelog 19th August

Post#51 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 pm

thx Miszczu5647 =)

Ads
Arteker616

Post#52 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm Anything specific?
Not gonna speak for the slayer on this one. will do for the choppa.
Da' Hitta
- Go For Da Soft Spot is now Path of Da' Hitta.

Any reason at all for this change for choppa? the main benefeit of go for da soft spot original three was from the tactic yer gettin soft.

By removing the skill u truncated for most part the utility of that tactic and thus realy hurting choppa dual wield single dps target .

most common single target choppa rotation was simple, slasha slasha, go for da soft spot,. now with the changes the damage from go for da soft spot is enarly negigible comapred with a full hitta slasha .

please and this isnt a rant, i know u tinkering with slayer wich is great but please rememebr the choppa sinergys are not the same as a slayer because while u buffin one u can realy hurt the opther if u aply the same changes to the two archetypes but with very different skills.

Cylwen

Post#53 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Looking forward to trying out the WH/WE changes. Just yesterday I was wondering how they could be more wb useful. Thanks for the changes!
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

zumos2

Post#54 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Overall some very interesting changes which I look forward to testing. Two remarks however:

1) You moved one spam attack on choppa/slayer from left to middle tree, wouldn't it make sense to move the original spam attack from the middle tree then to the left tree? So Slasha and Pulverizing Strike to the left tree.

2) You made Fervor and Evenomed Blade uncleansable obviously meant as some kind of buff. As the damage is also increased significantly you can see it as a buff, but you also lose your main skill of covering your heal debuff. In addition I wonder whether its a good idea to make "uncleansable" debuffs in the first place, I don't think its necessary.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Spierron

Post#55 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Miszczu5647 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm My opinion about IP tactics as a core. I suggested it at the begining but needed to agree that will kill Path of Treachery for WE. No need to worry about positioning when using KD, high hitting skills, IP as core. Everything what is "juicy" on WE would be outside of treachery. WH Path of Judgment have BAL so this problem wouldn't touch them.
in treachery path elixir disrupt/KD is juicy on WE, maybe replace IP by frenzied mayhem ( rework for give 10% crit instead to 3% per blood lust would be great )

chargedbolt

Post#56 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm

What is the reason behind the Outrider patrol change?

Lileldys

Post#57 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Arteker616 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm Anything specific?
Not gonna speak for the slayer on this one. will do for the choppa.
Da' Hitta
- Go For Da Soft Spot is now Path of Da' Hitta.

Any reason at all for this change for choppa? the main benefeit of go for da soft spot original three was from the tactic yer gettin soft.

By removing the skill u truncated for most part the utility of that tactic and thus realy hurting choppa dual wield single dps target .

most common single target choppa rotation was simple, slasha slasha, go for da soft spot,. now with the changes the damage from go for da soft spot is enarly negigible comapred with a full hitta slasha .

please and this isnt a rant, i know u tinkering with slayer wich is great but please rememebr the choppa sinergys are not the same as a slayer because while u buffin one u can realy hurt the opther if u aply the same changes to the two archetypes but with very different skills.
This is because Slayer/Choppa going AoE with leftover points going to Healdebuff get too much free damage from bonus ranks on GfdSS/SpineCrusher and Relentless Strike/Throat Slasha
When Investing 13pts in AoE, and 9pts for H/D, you shouldn't also be able to do top Single Target DPS with ThroatSlasha/GfdSS.

I've been playing Choppa for the last month and it's quite insane that you can do so much AoE AND so much ST. Surely it should be a trade off.

On the WE Topic, people still not believing Sac Stab is highest DPS? It'd still keep Treachary Worth it.
New Envenomed Blade and Ruthless Assault is great, actually worth slotting on hotbars. "Charge" tactic is a little meh. For what is a Tactic slot investment, you give up 30s stealth for a 3s Stealth+50% speed buff on a 35s CD( I don't think the reduced cooldown is working, unless I'm blind). I think you'd always be better off slotting Fleet Footed as WE.
Personally not a fan of making it a Tactic, could serve a use as a secondary ability on your Stance Bar.

Lileldys

Post#58 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 pm

zumos2 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:35 pm 2) You made Fervor and Evenomed Blade uncleansable obviously meant as some kind of buff. As the damage is also increased significantly you can see it as a buff, but you also lose your main skill of covering your heal debuff. In addition I wonder whether its a good idea to make "uncleansable" debuffs in the first place, I don't think its necessary.
I think it should've been that only 1 stack is cleansed at a time, not sure how it'd be for a healer cleansing through it though?
Wracking Pains and Seeker's Blade are still decent covers, seeing that a healer will have to cleanse your opener as well.

Ads
Azarael

Post#59 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 pm

The issue I had with making them be cleansed one stack at a time is that it's a handling change that would affect every stackable - including Mind Killer.

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:08 pm
Renork wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 pm
Aerogath wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 pm Thats a joke right ?! :
Indigo Fire of Change is Havoc 13 and inflicts Elemental damage
Why is it a joke?

Glean debuffs for firestorm and mist (even tho mist is shitty but eh), your pink horror debuffs elemental +/add in shammy. It's quite a nice change.
basically this patch note telling us, that the weakness of change which is st dmg is now offically ignored, instead now all rr 70 magus can combo

tzeench firestorm
dissolving mist
pull

all togheter in the same build

simply put did any change magus give feedback on this or where all from havoc magus?
Change is designed as a midrange aoe tree. Having access to firestorm and mist (both of which are now spiritual) is essential in actualising this: you now have a semblance of a viable rotation (hoping dots get love) via 2 x dots, mist and Firestorm - resulting in pretty significant pressure in a particular spot. You can still weave single target abilities into it, but Change was never designed to be a sole st dot caster like the AM.

You only ever use ifoc as a finisher anyway: RW spam gives much higher dps. You can always forego mist and pick up ifoc.

I loved Firestorm, but simply put it makes much more sense in Changing tree, and the same is true of IFOC (FF for engi - already in rifleman tree...) with Havoc (the st tree).
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.