Ads

Client Changelog 04/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Darosh
Banned

Re: Client Changelog 04/08/2018

Post#141 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:37 pm As someone with the power to decide what happens, I will tell you that assault posts with absolutely no hard data do not convince me one bit.

The person you're talking to took the time to set out, numerically, in another thread, why ID is overperformant ST DPS. He didn't launch bias accusations at someone he doesn't even know. You should get used to the idea that Slayer will not be speccing primary AoE for ST damage.
Having tested Retribution on a RR70+ Slayer with BiS gear - looking forward to testing it properly with an organized warband in the weeks ahead: I absolutely love it.

Now, thinking about your concerns regarding ID for single target and your idea of stripping the ticks on the carrier...
Maybe a combo-system of sorts would do the trick?

If you were to strip the single target tick from ST, reduced Retribution's CD to 20s and made it so that every tick of Retribution invoked the single target tick of ID (or <insert any other fancy mechanic>) you could essentially maintain ID's identiy and potency in the relevant aspect of the game (AoE - single target ticks are part of that AoE, mind you), gate off extremes by reinforcing the class mechanic and its requirements (= teamplay) and limit its single target potential by cutting down on the AA with Retribution's channel, making it a beyond suboptimal choice for straight up single target bursts.
Though' you would have to tamper with defendability or a mechanic like hinted at above to compensate for ID's current counterplays and drawbacks which would make an approach like the above unreliable in most cases (initial application of ID [melee range, avoidance]), aswell as cleansability and secondary parry checks), in spite of the remaining synergy with Short Temper*/WW.

Retribution would make for a good check in regards to ST/AoE usage ~ it might be fancy to (re)work Shatter Limbs into this 'combo'-system aswell, tbh, straight up Slayer gameplay (everything but the social shenanigans required to maintain the class) is rather shallow, it could do with a change of pace.

Now, a little tangent:
All things considered without the edge in AA (the raw pewpew [haste + WS stack, BiS gear with some guard luv and uptime on the target] and the synergies made accessible through them [procs, yadayada]) that comes with DW and a means of rage-play (tampering with rage rates and alike) 2h specs will remain mostly unreliable and less desirable than niche single target builds for the relevant formats, regardless of whatever could possibly happen with ID.
You are not looking at 'good' abilities on one side and 'brokenly good' abilities on the other side - you are looking at 'terrible' abilities and 'excellent' abilities, there is as of now no competition between DW and 2H outside of fashionhammer.
If you were to remove ID entirely I'd rather spec M4 Trollslayer with the new morale rates and have a blast every 60s with slightly less ST burst in between without ID but propped up Spince Crusher (and by extension Fierceness for all the pure glass, WS stacking Slayer), rather than spec 2H ~ I'd lose my AA and with that atleast a third of my DPS (procs not even included) - whatever percentage (a not cleasned and not avoided) ID makes up of the singletarget burst without it's fluff AoE is negligible in comparison - for no more than the hassle of playing 2H and its utter lack of proper gameflow.

*Short Temper:
Spoiler:
*CD reduction -5s, requires you to keep rage; either locks you out of rage drops or forces you to drop pressure, as per usual
*Requires RR70 to be properly utilized, compromises in gear (i.e. entry level gear for the additional mastery point) or spec, aswell coordination (SM) in terms of useage and, again, coordination to maintain (AP feed, alongside all the other needs of a midget).
*Allows you to spam ID (by extension Wild Swing with Power Through - you used to play it with good organized warbands if you lacked a SM to get the most of Rampage+ID+SL; pop Rampage just before you hit berserk at the beginning of an engagement, spam ID, fill with Wild Swing [if AP feed/pots keeps up with it] until bodyblock disappears and you get back in range for ID).
*Retribution would be on a (20->) 15s CD; maybe (15->) 10s would be reasonable, too, considering AP costs and relevant format... it'd essentially become Annihilate-lite.

Sidenote:
I hardly notice the lack of Rampage, especially with the new renown strikethrough ~ there's been hardly any engagements in which Rampage would have been the dealbreaker. But then again, I am no leet-soloroamer.

Ads
Gravord

Post#142 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:32 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:19 pm Now the question all the hardcore, no care-bear, straightline roleplayers have been waiting to ask for years:

delete male sorcs when?
Right about same time as female Warrior Priests i guess :)

Sigimund

Post#143 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:32 pm
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:19 pm Now the question all the hardcore, no care-bear, straightline roleplayers have been waiting to ask for years:

delete male sorcs when?
Heresy.
Spoiler:

Gravord

Post#144 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Sigimund wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:32 pm

delete male sorcs when?
Heresy.
Spoiler:
Technically they sit in Mordheim only and dont travel to join armies.

Arteker616

Post#145 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:53 pm

delete male sorcs when?
Why , there is male sorcs on lore . malekith rule about male sorcs and females did not changed the fact there was renegades and special agents of him wich were sorcs.
Malus darkblade uncle is infact a sorc .And u could Hire mercenary dark elf sorcs aswell.

Tesq

Post#146 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:12 am

Warhammer online age of reckoning first novel had a female warror priest as protagonist.

Orontes

Post#147 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 am

How about making the new Close Combat ability an option for both the melee SW and Melee Squig?

Sulorie

Post#148 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am

Orontes wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 am How about making the new Close Combat ability an option for both the melee SW and Melee Squig?
Why do you want a 25% range dmg reduction on a class with optional tank level armor values? Do you want to reduce your only remaining weakness?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Morpheus

Post#149 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 am

All MDPS
- Added archetype tactic "Close Combat". This tactic provides a 25% damage reduction against ranged and magical damage for 2 seconds after using a direct-damage, single-target melee ability on an enemy. This reduction will not stack with the effects of localized damage reductions, such as Detaunts or Guard.

ARE U KIDDING???? Guardian WL + close combat HAHAHAHA

Tell me, how do you come up with this idea?

Is the White Lion not overpowered enough yet?

Another step to send the Squig Herda in the meaningless desert ..... compare only with the Shadow Warrior .... just weak performance

Morpheus

Post#150 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:41 am

Novgoroth wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:56 am
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:46 am
Nameless wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:34 am This core mdps tactic will make even better the melee-centric supremely. And worst of all will disbalance realms' powers since order is heavy range-centric while destro is heavy melee-centric.
I just dont know why on ror range dps is considered so good so devs should give more tools to mdps classes to deal with them
They're not. It's a PUG tactic for PUG use in cases where RDPS is heavy and Guard is lacking. No one playing in a proper comp that has Guard is likely to sacrifice damage for it, and it doesn't stack with Guard and detaunts by design. If we have an imbalance in how good the melee classes are on each side, let's tackle it separately.
I won't be so sure of that, especially for those premade running 6vsX, that will make them very resistant. Let's wait and see :)
:lol: premade 6....muahahah....now u just need a WL