Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fallenkezef

Re: Patch Notes 06/07/2018

Post#71 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Toldavf wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:59 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Link me exactly where YOU did this and received this, because the one person who got himself suspending in this thread did so because they were not only super whining about chnages they had no opportunity to test (at that time) but was also willfully spreading misinformation. Also no post has been removed.
Yes you did you posted an entire thread on welf changes over a month ago then deleted the entire thing when i offered a few view points.

then sent me these messages in discord

Torquemadra - 05/25/2018
you are about to get on my last nerve
Torquemadra - 05/25/2018
in fact you know what, im not even wasting my time sharing anything with people who literally only view things through a keyhole, have their own agenda and dont even stop to think about the bigger picture

There was also a ror meme on it at the time.
I remember that, instead of actually looking at what was the core changes you were fixated on a value and a stat, not just once. I have no interest in engaging at level where someone tries to latch onto a minor effect to derail a topic but you are right, I should have left it open and prevented you from derailing it but you know what, my thread, my work, my choice. Changes havent been up for even half a day and here you are trying to bait and derail. Take a break.
In all honesty Torque, why don't you guys lock the patch notes for a few days after patch release or even till the next patch comes out? It does seem to attract either congrats posts or whine posts and both are of equal use.

Comments on these patch changes on wendsday or Thursday, when we've seen some use of them and the experienced players have worked with them would give the community more benefit than the last 9 pages have done.

Just my penny's worth.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Maze1001

Post#72 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:35 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:34 pm
simtex wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am These changes are not good, thanks for the memories - my guild is out.
Im sure the next changes will be the opposite of "not good" with such valuable, high quality feedback! The precision with which you described the problem and tried to explain to us is unsurpassed! Wonderful!
when youre posting feedback with opinion and content you probably get banned. i think thats why you get that "quality feedback"

For me it hurts to see all the major changes while healers m4 and grimnirs fury (especially with the terror in ch22 pqs) are untouched (working as intended?), since i enjoyed healing for years now and would love to see this changed...

Since you kinda asked for the feedback: i think introducing bigger changes like this step by step would help to reduce confusion and would help to figure out which part of the changes might be a bit over the top or needs further improvement.
You probably already considered this and came to another conclusion, but thats just my opinion :/

Foomy44

Post#73 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am
zgolec wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 am I presume no immmunity on KB from SH is a mistake during implementation? Atm 2 SH prevent siege cause KB off the ram over and over and over again...

Other then that great to see client control is here and new changes coming ^^
Did no one in your WB know what an interrupt is? FYI Zealots have a channeled AoE knockback with no immunity too on a shorter CD.
Conversely its a cc that one side doesnt have access too, its being monitored
Makes sense. Having played with it all day and also having a dps zealot that always runs Winds, it felt pretty balanced to me, 55 sec CD is no joke and it gets shut down early plenty but is of course awesome when it works. I always kinda thought Order's ranged knockdown, pouncing and (might be wrong about this one but WLs hurt) higher burst were balanced by greenskin mobility and destro aoe CC (firestorm snare, the aoe knockbacks, recently GTDC) but since we got pounce now I could very much see Order gettin some more CC as balanced. I recall a balance proposal for RP to get a Winds type ability, I mighta voted yes for it if it were proposed after this patch with a good argument.

Still really doubt 2 SHs could shut down a competent siege though.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

zgolec

Post#74 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:20 pm
zgolec wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 pm With WODS added to BG while he still have KD on DPS tree, super punt, ally buffs, movement buff, armor debuff, crit buff etc it is like SM on hard steroids... Kinda gettin out of hand don't you think so guys?

I'm playing both SM and BG. So yea - i will be enjoying OPness of BG but its kinda balance breaking imho. Though as usual time will tell.

Hope this is not closed topic for good and further tweaks/buffs are in consideration.

Also nice to see that so quick after getting grip of client control you are able to make such big changes - this is promising for future :)
Loath as I am to point out the pitfalls and negatives of a change but before BG had a on demand AP cost KD where they could KD and super punt without missing a beat which additionally with the aoe damage had the propensity to proc their tasty wounds debuff tactic saving them a potential GCD of having to use a different AOE. Further they lost their 10s cooldown on exile which I attached to 2h requirement this patch and moved it to a 5 second buff window after using their new kd to reduce the CD of exile to 10s AND costing 30 AP means they cant just donk KD and then get maximum puntage without building their mechanic back to 100.

Conversely they can donk someone with the new KD and then use the minor speed increase to reach someone else, it has a snare effect on it as well so it should almost always have a use as opposed to being "wasted" if they have KD immunity.

I wouldnt suggest that BG got a buff, they got a change, layers within layers and as for their Rebounding Hatred, getting that locks out a lot from the other trees but then, whats at the top of a tree should be an attractive proposition, imo anyway.
@Last line - thus i postpone negativity and whine like some others and wait for the effects in mass/small scale and how it fit in. Time will tell. Anyway nice to see you guys are able to do now not only cosmetic but major changes.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Maze1001

Post#75 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am

Did no one in your WB know what an interrupt is? FYI Zealots have a channeled AoE knockback with no immunity too on a shorter CD.
Makes sense. Having played with it all day and also having a dps zealot that always runs Winds, it felt pretty balanced to me, 55 sec CD is no joke and it gets shut down early plenty but is of course awesome when it works. I always kinda thought Order's ranged knockdown, pouncing and (might be wrong about this one but WLs hurt) higher burst were balanced by greenskin mobility and destro aoe CC (firestorm snare, the aoe knockbacks, recently GTDC) but since we got pounce now I could very much see Order gettin some more CC as balanced. I recall a balance proposal for RP to get a Winds type ability, I mighta voted yes for it if it were proposed after this patch with a good argument.

i agree but RP got sundered motion, so i dont think there is a need to mirror sth like winds. elemental DB for dps would make it more interesting. anyway i dont think this is the right thread for this kind of stuff

lefze
Suspended

Post#76 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Maze1001 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 pm

i agree but RP got sundered motion, so i dont think there is a need to mirror sth like winds. elemental DB for dps would make it more interesting. anyway i dont think this is the right thread for this kind of stuff
The punt is completely fine, easy counterplay exists and it is easy enough to spot when it is going off, really no need to discuss any compensation for Order here or in other threads. What's more, the ability deals 0 damage, so popping it is a huge tradeoff.
Rip Phalanx

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#77 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 pm I must admit, the "you ruined the game" comments on patch day are a highlight of my week.

People could wait a week, see how the changes effect things and then make positive feedback. Nah, that involves too much effort, better to rage and whine and accuse the devs of ruining the game.

I also love the people who say they and their guild will quit only to see them rage again the next time their fave class gets a nerf.
If that highlights your week, you must be living life bro!

Fallenkezef

Post#78 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Stickzy wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 pm I must admit, the "you ruined the game" comments on patch day are a highlight of my week.

People could wait a week, see how the changes effect things and then make positive feedback. Nah, that involves too much effort, better to rage and whine and accuse the devs of ruining the game.

I also love the people who say they and their guild will quit only to see them rage again the next time their fave class gets a nerf.
If that highlights your week, you must be living life bro!
Can't complain. Getting married in sept, my 8 year old step-daughter is doing a ballet recital tomorrow and has been recommended to move up to the next class.

Life is good thanks... bro.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Tesq

Post#79 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Just few question for any dont mind answer, is intended for bg moral which involve 5 min cd to still requiring to build all te moral points and since torque post above im little confuse about kd, should the new skill.putted in place of the previusly 2h kd still actually kd? Or was kd on main tree changed to be used for 2h too? or 2h bg cant kd anymore?

I mean all this as what is intended or not these skill suppose to do cuz i fell confused, thx

Edit: nvm for kd

Yardy

Post#80 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:57 am
Mavella wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:32 am
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:18 am
Good stuff, and now its not completely overshadowed by simply rolling with a shield and loling at people who use a 2h on BO we can pull it all together. So after playing 2h what does it need? Thats not sarcasm btw.
I'll admit I don't have any experience playing BO but this is my take when trying to objectively compare all tanks in the game.

I think 2h BO lacks the "oh ****" button and a way to effortlessly stack parry like every other effective 2h tank.

SM- WoDS, eagles flight(+25% parry), tactics for parry increase
IB- oathbound(+25% parry), skin of iron, watch an learn(+WS)
KoBTS: Vigilance, runefang(+240WS), emperor's champion(+240wounds/tough) or guardian of light(3600dmg absorb)
BG: Anger drives me(~30% parry), new 15pt ability, ease of stacking to capped toughness if you desire, m1 equivalent to cleansing wind3
Ch: Suppression(+25% parry), tzeench's amplification, auras, Opression(not sure if any 2h ch take this)

BO: Can't hit me needs shield, good wif shield, less stabbin me tactic only provides 5/10% parry 2/3 of the time, unique m2 is a total joke.

As we can see BO is clearly unlike the others when it comes to defenses. It certainly has the damage and utility to bring to the table but not the ability to stack up large amounts of parry, huge stat bonuses, or flat -dmg% to not be a total punching bag and liability without the shield.
something like....

?

Also the animation on that is amazing, I just didnt have in this version of client, feel free to offer suggestions
I would not argue against this.......great name for it too
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc