no logic in these changes :cry:

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 06/07/2018

Post#42 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:30 am

Spierron wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:20 am no logic in these changes :cry:
top comment! You won the internet! 11/10 -IGN
With this quality feedback the next patches will be "filled with logic"!
Awesome! Good job!
My Hero. ;)

grossteak

Post#43 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 am

I don't really understand why put a pounce on SW...
Maybe on Slayer and Choppa, wait!!! WE and WH need it too...

Let see how it works...

lefze
Suspended

Post#44 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 am

grossteak wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 am I don't really understand why put a pounce on SW...
Maybe on Slayer and Choppa, wait!!! WE and WH need it too...

Let see how it works...
Not actually a pounce though, it's way slower so you seldom actually get in range to do damage with it. Just a nice little gapcloser, still not sure I would bother specing it over swift strikes with the (completely broken) armorpen gone.
Rip Phalanx

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#45 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am

three hit combo needs 2h now . for what reason ?!?

Goryak

Post#46 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:32 am

With these new and maybe more to come tree changes can some staff member take over the "Career builder" we have here on the site, or create one of their own so that it remains accurate to every patch?
The guy from the one we have atm did a great job setting it up but updates are rare as you might've have noticed.

Cheers.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

AxelF

Post#47 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 am

ufthakk wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am three hit combo needs 2h now . for what reason ?!?
For the reason that every other tank's channeled dps ability requires 2H as has been mentioned already. All this does is bring the BO's ability in line with the other 5.

live4treasure

Post#48 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 am

Honestly, I was very excited for client control and the possibilities it could open up for game design in RoR, but I'm afraid my comment will have to be a little negative, rather than positive after reading these patch notes.

So, there's a very specific issue I'd like to bring to the Dev's attention that creeps up on any MMORPG game silently, and when it takes its roots in the game, it suffers, loses its identity and turns into a very... over-the-top experience. What's worse it becomes close to impossible to remove without causing a backlash in the community. I'm sure you're familliar with the phrase Power Creep.

Why is this an issue on RoR right after this patch? Well because, for example, extreme mobility as a concept was very limited to classes like Marauder and White Lion, with the latter being even more extreme in this comparison. However, now we see BG get a speed boost, SW get a teleport-like pounce ability, SH get a pounce and so on and so forth. By making it this common, it will quickly turn into a problem that has to be fixed for other classes that don't have it, especially classes like pure MDPS who will start to feel like SH and SW are taking the glory that a pure MDPS deserves over a ranged-hybrid. So then you will have to give them new toys, which also upsets the balance for other classes, that will also demand new toys to deal with the new toys you've provided other classes. It becomes a spiral that will quickly make this game look like modern WoW with massive epic effects, cooldowns, abilities. All classes have mobility. All classes have healing. All classes have pretty much everything. It quickly kills the identity of a given class, and with the death of that, dies the identity of the game itself.

What I'm getting at is that I very much implore the devs to perhaps look at their bright and ambitious class design ideas in another light. The more epic and impactful they make their changes, the more they will have to do for other classes to counteract this. So, perhaps it's best to start off light and tone down how extreme you want given abilities to be?
Last edited by live4treasure on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
Needabeer

Post#49 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:49 am

AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 am
ufthakk wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am three hit combo needs 2h now . for what reason ?!?
For the reason that every other tank's channeled dps ability requires 2H as has been mentioned already. All this does is bring the BO's ability in line with the other 5.
Now to bring the BO's survivability up to the same standard as other tanks....

footpatrol2

Post#50 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 am

AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 am
Relentless (chosen), and myrmidia's fury (knight), Enraged Beating (BG) all don't require a 2hnder...

The only tank classes that required a 2hnder for their melee channel was ironbreaker and swordmaster...