Ads

Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xoonerfree
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Post#31 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Did the patch lower total armor value number?

My total armor is slightly lower than pre-patch. I asked someone else in game and they confirmed their armor was 4k prior to patch and now 3900 after patch. Slight armor nerf?

Thanks.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#32 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Darks63 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 pm The lords having to regen health like the doors is a interesting change.

Question: Will you now have to regen the lords health first before the doors will close?

No, those are 2 different things. Lord doesn't consume any resources.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#33 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:49 am I dont getchange on bg how you suppose to 2h orvr now? S/b bring nothing on the table .... Parry tactic so high is brutal.
While all 3tanks on Order are still Good AF....
]

Dallas2288

Post#34 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:51 pm
Toldavf wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm That's a pretty hefty role back on black guard, what sparked the reversal?
2h BG was overperforming and had too much available for minimal investment, the passive parry tactic was mitigating guard damage for 2h by a too high margin and was far too good for 3pts.

Will monitor performance as always.
I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the BG changes. If BG's parry tactic was too easily attainable and powerful for minimal investment, then how isn't Runefang and Wrist Slash? Hell, those 2 are core tactics that require zero investment. They should both be 11 point tactics. Not to mention one gives 720 stat points !!!! has no cd. (procs every parry so don't tell me how it's cleansable) Even if you cut it in half to 120 STR 120 WS 120 INI it would still be OP..

rant over
Image Garygygax-BG

zabis

Post#35 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Only played around 10 sc's post-patch, but I think Torque is correct. I felt sorta OP pre-patch. Now I feel I have to actually decide whether to go offensive or defensive. With that said, there still needs to be a little more tweaking for the BG. Namely, the Monstrous Ruin and Feeding on Pain tactics.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

retekelek

Post#36 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Both class got nerfed and bg got heavily

SM now lost a usefull ability to reach whit 2h deff setup, while snb def can more easily reach an usefull ability for being more tanky (but still hard to reach for him the KD+4sec team buff) and I dont think snb deff SM can bring anymuch for his team beside a few debuff and being really tanky, it will be just ignored and killed last in fights. The 2hand def at least could draw a lot attacking force if destro thought u a squishy dps tank.

BG... well thats a heavy nerf in my opinion, that kills not just the 2hand dps the snb dps but the snb deff setup too, basickly the class itself.
Putting wave of scorn and parry that high, even if i would play snb full deff setup, i could not reach, because ablities i need from path of anguish.
And what the purpose of a tank that is more parry oriented than block, and u cant pick the tatic for it and you dont have aoe snare. BG anyway was the least usefull tank in game for filling the role of being a tank. What is basickly was aoe snare (20sec cd) and being super tanky and a few debuff and buffs for ur guarded dps. Atm dont see any viable setup for it to play it, anyone got other opinion?
Spoiler:
Sorry for my bad English i speak London

Tesq

Post#37 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Dallas2288 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:51 pm
Toldavf wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm That's a pretty hefty role back on black guard, what sparked the reversal?
2h BG was overperforming and had too much available for minimal investment, the passive parry tactic was mitigating guard damage for 2h by a too high margin and was far too good for 3pts.

Will monitor performance as always.
I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the BG changes. If BG's parry tactic was too easily attainable and powerful for minimal investment, then how isn't Runefang and Wrist Slash? Hell, those 2 are core tactics that require zero investment. They should both be 11 point tactics. Not to mention one gives 720 stat points !!!! has no cd. (procs every parry so don't tell me how it's cleansable) Even if you cut it in half to 120 STR 120 WS 120 INI it would still be OP..

rant over
More than anything i dont get this too good..... you spec bg def? Then it should be def, in orvr you spend hate to spam aoe and debuff thus reducing the parry, to play it , i consistently run 4x def tactic on mu bg just to keep it alive and i still got a lot more dmg than my s+b chosen with bad panic buttom, the trade off is all in dmg for hold the line and there is no space for wounds debuff or crit tactic in orvr. And god thx clease m1 or i will die every engage.

well lets see how it goes

Pill

Post#38 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Are the appearances still the same as the preview we got last year or have they been changed at all?

https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=22820
Iron Rock: <Havok> Garvinhog - BO ll Febreze - Sorc
RoR: <DROW> Pillaging - BG ll Purpl - Sorc ll Fengar - SW ll Elfn - SM

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#39 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm

My only problem with SM's new Redirect Force is the fact that the enchantment procs off of blocks. Unlike their mirror Black Orc, SM has no way to significantly increase block, outside of Perfect Defenses and that's only 10%. Would have been better to have it proc off of parry/disrupt/dodge instead, as SM can actually get high numbers of those.

I like the BG nerf.

Bozzax

Post#40 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Use guard well and you get blocks every second
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7