Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gravord

Re: Patch Notes 7/04/2018

Post#31 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am

daniilpb wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 am
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am
ashton007 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:23 am

Because the spec is **** and underperforms. Now its atleast fair and yes IMO the damage is still fluff.
Fair? Healer class melee spec being better than actual melees is fair? How you get to that conclusion?
Better in what way? Solo ganking and sc pugging? Damage is worse and extra sustain doesn’t help you in assist focus
Lets see:
- solo ganking - beast mode, charge+quick escape proc and you catch any range/healer. Any melee should loose 1vs1 if such wp/dok knows what he is doing
- single target 100% uptime detaunt, great for 1vs2
- sc pugging - also great

Group play:
- dmg output comparable with melee classe
- medium armor, no mechanics requiring positional attacks or waiting for rage to go high taking half your armor and resists - full dmg from first hit
- heal in spammable attack
- high single target channel heal, allowing such "dps" to single target focused team member or himself if need to
- option to remove disarm - no melee class have it, allowing again to continue damaging and healing
- quickest cd on snare/root immunity than any other melee, effectively making them twice more mobile than real melees
- parry/crit tactic, most melees have no equivalent and effectively lower parry/crit than dok/wp can get
- auto attack 50% increase tactic, only few melees have it
- covenant/prayer effectively buffing team with 100% uptime
- ini debuff openers
- option to cleanse
- option to ressurect team members
- shatter enchantement
- dok - perma heal debuff

Id say its quite few advantages right here from top of my head.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#32 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 am

Grats to Peter and Dan, I'm sure they are going to do a good job as balance mods.
That's quite a big patch notes, let's see how it turns out in-game.
Again, thanks for your work RoR team, you guys rock!

Vayra

Post#33 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 am

Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am
daniilpb wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 am
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am

Fair? Healer class melee spec being better than actual melees is fair? How you get to that conclusion?
Better in what way? Solo ganking and sc pugging? Damage is worse and extra sustain doesn’t help you in assist focus
Lets see:
- solo ganking - beast mode, charge+quick escape proc and you catch any range/healer. Any melee should loose 1vs1 if such wp/dok knows what he is doing
- single target 100% uptime detaunt, great for 1vs2
- sc pugging - also great

Group play:
- dmg output comparable with melee classe
- medium armor, no mechanics requiring positional attacks or waiting for rage to go high taking half your armor and resists - full dmg from first hit
- heal in spammable attack
- high single target channel heal, allowing such "dps" to single target focused team member or himself if need to
- option to remove disarm - no melee class have it, allowing again to continue damaging and healing
- quickest cd on snare/root immunity than any other melee, effectively making them twice more mobile than real melees
- parry/crit tactic, most melees have no equivalent and effectively lower parry/crit than dok/wp can get
- auto attack 50% increase tactic, only few melees have it
- covenant/prayer effectively buffing team with 100% uptime
- ini debuff openers
- option to cleanse
- option to ressurect team members
- shatter enchantement
- dok - perma heal debuff

Id say its quite few advantages right here from top of my head.
So, damage is not equivalent. Real MDPS have way more burst potential. We also get lower str/ws due to no +str tactic which means we get parried more and have lower armor pen. This is why we have to spend 2 tactic slots to get our damage up, which limits our other tactic options. Ini debuff is only WP.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Fallenkezef

Post#34 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:36 am

Cant say I think that Dol's needed a melee buff but WP's certainly did.

Folk are overlooking the fact that a Dok/WP specced that deep into the melee tree gimps his heals by a significant degree.

Also I'd like to see this "comparable" to an mdps damage nonesense.

Show me an equaly geared WP that can match a Slayer or WL dps, even with these buffs
Alea iacta est

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:47 am

I just noted that the fix I added a week or so ago to fix guild name duplication is still an issue and as such guilds that are made with a name already taken will be deleted on the next boot.

I have a possible fix for this for the next hotfix/patch

ToXoS

Post#36 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:36 am Cant say I think that Dol's needed a melee buff but WP's certainly did.

Folk are overlooking the fact that a Dok/WP specced that deep into the melee tree gimps his heals by a significant degree.

Show me an equaly geared WP that can match a Slayer or WL dps, even with these buffs
Just not having access to things like brute force and +50% crit damage bonus tactic already make melee DoK/WP damage pretty meh in RvR.
Tbh a single detaunt is in most cases enough to neuter their dps output. So yeah, idk how their dps are comparable to true melee either.

Acidic

Post#37 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:59 am

Nice patch, lots to see

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#38 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 am

In Pursuit - CD needs to be worked, the buff icon does not go into CD signal when CD finishes.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#39 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 am

ToXoS wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:36 am Cant say I think that Dol's needed a melee buff but WP's certainly did.

Just not having access to things like brute force and +50% crit damage bonus tactic already make melee DoK/WP damage pretty meh in RvR.
Tbh a single detaunt is in most cases enough to neuter their dps output. So yeah, idk how their dps are comparable to true melee either.
The usual sky is falling posts from people who got bitchslapped once by a dok/wo with higher rr and/or better gear methinks.
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#40 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:30 am

Any suggestions how to get Guardian WL toughness levels to the same numbers as Wounds? It was somewhat easy to get 8-10k wounds to buff your pet Str previously, but now seems challenging to get similar toughness levels since sets don't give as much.