Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gravord

Re: Patch Notes 7/04/2018

Post#61 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 am
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am
Lets see:
- solo ganking - beast mode, charge+quick escape proc and you catch any range/healer. Any melee should loose 1vs1 if such wp/dok knows what he is doing
- single target 100% uptime detaunt, great for 1vs2
- sc pugging - also great

Thankfully, the game isn't balanced around solo encounters. Any ranged/healer that allowed a Wrath WP to catch them is playing wrong (and healers also have access to flee/quick escape).
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am Group play:
- dmg output comparable with melee classe
- medium armor, no mechanics requiring positional attacks or waiting for rage to go high taking half your armor and resists - full dmg from first hit
- heal in spammable attack
- high single target channel heal, allowing such "dps" to single target focused team member or himself if need to
- option to remove disarm - no melee class have it, allowing again to continue damaging and healing
- quickest cd on snare/root immunity than any other melee, effectively making them twice more mobile than real melees
- parry/crit tactic, most melees have no equivalent and effectively lower parry/crit than dok/wp can get
- auto attack 50% increase tactic, only few melees have it
- covenant/prayer effectively buffing team with 100% uptime
- ini debuff openers
- option to cleanse
- option to ressurect team members
- shatter enchantement
- dok - perma heal debuff

I'm struggling to envision what melee class you have in mind when you say Wrath WP does comparable damage? Are we talking scenario damage on the scoreboard, the majority of which is fluff?

Medium armor, as do 4/6 melee classes.

You forget that, in order to get the new Charge ability, one has to invest 15 points into Wrath: unless you are high RR, this means you will not be able to get Sigmar's Shield, and your heal spammable/Divine Assault will be significantly weaker; tldr, Wrath WP's melee healing capabilities are now lessened (which they should be, I echo that point of yours).

We do have the option to resurrect, and cleanse, and provide covenants - that much is true - but to suggest that Wrath WP DPS was in any way comparable to a competent slayer, WL or WH is wrong: we have incredibly bad tooltip numbers on our abilities, we lack a +% crit modifier, we lack any damage morales, we lack AoE detaunt (you can't pick this tactic up as a Wrath WP if you want to do damage), etc.
Trekman wrote:Any idea when chapter 22 will be done and onslaught will be available?

Onslaught PQs are currently being tested by a bunch of dedicated people. Stay patient.
Funny you would say that. And thats before todays buff. You already top dmg above WE, SH and your own guild WL and yet you pretend dmg output is bad.

https://i.imgur.com/JW0iEhG.png

Edit: While doing 50% heals of your full time healers.
Last edited by Gravord on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#62 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 pm
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am
Lets see:
- solo ganking - beast mode, charge+quick escape proc and you catch any range/healer. Any melee should loose 1vs1 if such wp/dok knows what he is doing
- single target 100% uptime detaunt, great for 1vs2
- sc pugging - also great

Thankfully, the game isn't balanced around solo encounters. Any ranged/healer that allowed a Wrath WP to catch them is playing wrong (and healers also have access to flee/quick escape).
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am Group play:
- dmg output comparable with melee classe
- medium armor, no mechanics requiring positional attacks or waiting for rage to go high taking half your armor and resists - full dmg from first hit
- heal in spammable attack
- high single target channel heal, allowing such "dps" to single target focused team member or himself if need to
- option to remove disarm - no melee class have it, allowing again to continue damaging and healing
- quickest cd on snare/root immunity than any other melee, effectively making them twice more mobile than real melees
- parry/crit tactic, most melees have no equivalent and effectively lower parry/crit than dok/wp can get
- auto attack 50% increase tactic, only few melees have it
- covenant/prayer effectively buffing team with 100% uptime
- ini debuff openers
- option to cleanse
- option to ressurect team members
- shatter enchantement
- dok - perma heal debuff

I'm struggling to envision what melee class you have in mind when you say Wrath WP does comparable damage? Are we talking scenario damage on the scoreboard, the majority of which is fluff?

You forget that, in order to get the new Charge ability, one has to invest 15 points into Wrath: unless you are high RR, this means you will not be able to get Sigmar's Shield, and your heal spammable/Divine Assault will be significantly weaker; tldr, Wrath WP's melee healing capabilities are now lessened (which they should be, I echo that point of yours).

We do have the option to resurrect, and cleanse, and provide covenants - that much is true - but to suggest that Wrath WP DPS was in any way comparable to a competent slayer, WL or WH is wrong: we have incredibly bad tooltip numbers on our abilities, we lack a +% crit modifier, we lack any damage morales, we lack AoE detaunt (you can't pick this tactic up as a Wrath WP if you want to do damage), etc.
Trekman wrote:Any idea when chapter 22 will be done and onslaught will be available?

Onslaught PQs are currently being tested by a bunch of dedicated people. Stay patient.
Funny you would say that. And thats before todays buff.

Since when top damage on a sc scoreboard proves anything?
I can jump on my magus, respec full changing tree and be top damage on a sc while not killing anybody. It's all fluff damage mate.

Gravord

Post#63 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

ToXoS wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 pm
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Funny you would say that. And thats before todays buff.

Since when top damage on a sc scoreboard proves anything?
I can jump on my magus, respec full changing tree and be top damage on a sc while not killing anybody. It's all fluff damage mate.
It does when poeple lie openly about weak dps compared to other classes. WP have no aoe or aoe dot spam as magus, its pure single target dps done in 6vs6 fight. And it tops his own guild WL who does have a crit dmg tactic ;) while doing heal equal to 50% of actual pure healers. If thats not a proof that its stronger than any melee then what is?

Danord
Suspended

Post#64 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Is there even a Captain on this ship anymore............................

Gravord

Post#65 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Sorry for post under post but its getting better and better. New wp/dok charge doesnt vanishes on ability use as normal melees does... :D So its perma speed buff while dpsing, sweeeet.

Rydiak

Post#66 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Odd, that image you linked showed no one dying in that scenario. With DPS WPs being immortal engines of hellfire, as you have inferred, I'd imagine Order would have had at least one kill, if not the win.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Gravord

Post#67 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:16 pm Odd, that image you linked showed no one dying in that scenario. With DPS WPs being immortal engines of hellfire, as you have inferred, I'd imagine Order would have had at least one kill, if not the win.
6vs6 with two good teams tend to have low kill ratio. If both teams tanks play really well its hard for any kill. Yet my proof stands, fully single target dps wp beat all other dps classes in that fight, who are not sunday players either.
Now imagine destruction it can bring with cc immunity speed buff (that doesnt vanish on doing dmg), going with pouncing lion straight to backline while everyone else is stuck in snares and you might see the real problem long before op WP hammer will dominate fights.

Twohandernoob

Post#68 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Excellent, put these dudes in charge of WH love buff next patch please! 2hander recommends:

Torment ignore armour from front also (to counter lag).

+50 movement like WP when incognito (also 30s cd).

We need survivability also like these doks in medium armour. Something like BAL heals you for 50% of damage per tick.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#69 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Any Kotbs or chosen can sink deep into first tree an top damage charts while doing nothing in an sc.

Success is not measured in terms of damage dealt.
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#70 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:38 pm

At this rate an Adepta Sororitas WP concept may yet become viable
Alea iacta est