Ads

Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
charlysixb

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#81 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:12 pm

zumos2 wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Not included in the patch notes... Choppas tantrum was shadownerfed to expire after twenty seconds instead of running nearly indefinitely.

Inb4 destro losing our minds. I'm maining a choppa right now, and this change is definitely a huge nerf... However, as it was tantrum itself was over performing and it'd be hard to justify bringing it back the way it was. I don't know if anything was shadow buffed in its place, but it was a massive percentage of overall DPS and without it or something to fill the gap choppa is dangerously less viable than the day before.
Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
It is...just tested. Fades after 20 sec.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#82 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:41 pm

charlysixb wrote:
zumos2 wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Not included in the patch notes... Choppas tantrum was shadownerfed to expire after twenty seconds instead of running nearly indefinitely.

Inb4 destro losing our minds. I'm maining a choppa right now, and this change is definitely a huge nerf... However, as it was tantrum itself was over performing and it'd be hard to justify bringing it back the way it was. I don't know if anything was shadow buffed in its place, but it was a massive percentage of overall DPS and without it or something to fill the gap choppa is dangerously less viable than the day before.
Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
Which slayer skill is that?
Alea iacta est

wargnidalulz

Post#83 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Deadly Determination, mirror to Tantrum.
Qep

Darosh
Banned

Post#84 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm

I don't necessarily play my Slayer alot anymore, however the change to the M2 was - in my opinon - unnecessary.

My 2cents:
Spoiler:
A limit of +45s or any limit (>20s) really, would have accomplished the same thing (= preventing it to be buffered and chained into M1 for either 5-10s uncontested burst or a bigger burst with the dps M1; buffering it for the beginning of a [pug] sc, and so on) without 'breaking' it as a reliable bursttool.
More often than not both classes are pressured into running and popping M1 either way, especially without a proper group (which both classes heavily depend on) and against proper opposition that knew how to exploit your career mechanic (e.g.: KD/disarm + red + guardstrip (or not) + tiny bit of debuffs (or not) + tiny bit of assist = death).
The M2 was basically the one thing you could rely on as far as risk/reward and moral-usage was concerned; dying on both classes is almost invetiable, buffering M2 to provide some burst while struck with rez sickness was one of the tiny bits that alleviated the struggle that was recovering from a death mid-engagement ~ buffering like described above; M1+M2, was a reliable way of getting meaningful burst (semi-independent of AP; luv me dem +3 AP drains whenever BTC is around) onto your target, even if you were assisted on by multiple (r)dps.
Once proper opposition notices that you aren't brainafkingly rushing into them and actually properly assist off of others (which barely any CH/SLs do, tbh) they'll direct their attention to you and just pop you the very moment you get in range (with or without guard/detaunt, you'd more often than not get your guard to melt due to red+disarm/kd+debuffs) as you are undoubtly one of the biggest threats if left uncontested.
Abbd.:
I suspect the M4 I tested just recently got a treatment aswell, I am too lazy to test it again - especially as I won't get to run and utilize it any time soon anyway.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Assuming the change is here to stay the next move to recover dps for slayer/choppa is to make practical suggestings in the proposal forum.

Fallenkezef

Post#86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Is it really such a big issue?
Alea iacta est

charlysixb

Post#87 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
charlysixb wrote:
zumos2 wrote: Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
You tested wrong, its 30s and change was made weeks ago and the RDPS mirror fades in 10s, 30s is quite sufficient for mdps and allowing for multiple users to build up on scrub mobs fire and wait for a scen pop and have morales ready to go for a co ordinated spike is not acceptable to us.
Its 30sec yes my bad xD.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Darosh
Banned

Post#88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
charlysixb wrote:
zumos2 wrote: Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
You tested wrong, its 30s and change was made weeks ago and the RDPS mirror fades in 10s, 30s is quite sufficient for mdps and allowing for multiple users to build up on scrub mobs fire and wait for a scen pop and have morales ready to go for a co ordinated spike is not acceptable to us.
There is not a single premade running double choppa/slayer worth any salt, let alone any duo of said classes. Even if there were, people wasting time to intentionally wait out M2 to join scenarios won't be able to actually apply that 'coordinated spike' ~ which one would assume people would have in one way or another moaned about since.
Having joined scenarios with a few stacks of the M2 left whilst grinding NPCs for mats in recent weeks I'd be interested to learn when exactly that change was made, as the M2 did certainly not fade within 30s.

I seldomly voice criticism, but in this case I can't help but to call into question the lack of documentiation of changes like that.

Ads
Crazyboss

Post#89 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Just make it disappear(m2 buff) with zone change

never heard any complaint about how OP m2 :?

Rakasha

Post#90 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Getting 2x influence in t1 order PQs when grouped with another and mobs we kill count as 2x contribution towards completing the pq requirements.