Ads

Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#31 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Snoxx wrote:I agree this change was much needed.

A little problem is when you wanna do some crafting or auction house stuff on another char after you played RvR with your main char.

Possible fix: Don't reset the contribution upon login of another char, but wait with reset until the other char actually enters RvR.
Hargrim wrote:Disconnect or logout doesn't affect current contribution. Joining RvR fight in the same zone with new character will remove contribution from previous character, you will get a chat message in RvR channel saying that this is happening. So as long as you don't join RvR your contribution is safe, you can for example do Dungeon or some PvE without issues. I'm quite sure this won't affect Scenarios too.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#32 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for clarification. :)

M0rw47h

Post#33 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Hargrim wrote:Disconnect or logout doesn't affect current contribution. Joining RvR fight in the same zone with new character will remove contribution from previous character, you will get a chat message in RvR channel saying that this is happening. So as long as you don't join RvR your contribution is safe, you can for example do Dungeon or some PvE without issues. I'm quite sure this won't affect Scenarios too.
I wonder, will I lose my contribution, if I switch from character I've played RvR in T2-4 and log and play RvR on another in T1?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#34 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:11 pm

M0rw47h wrote:
I wonder, will I lose my contribution, if I switch from character I've played RvR in T2-4 and log and play RvR on another in T1?
No.

joaolol

Post#35 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 pm

awsome good addition to launcher ;)
Joaotrinta

Sulorie

Post#36 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Hargrim wrote:
M0rw47h wrote:
No.
Let me ask more precisely, when I play with one char in t4 rvr, can I join t2 or t3 rvr with a different char?
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#37 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
M0rw47h wrote:
No.
Let me ask more precisely, when I play with one char in t4 rvr, can I join t2 or t3 rvr with a different char?
Yes.

SpacestarKid

Post#38 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Then why not remove contribution from previous char and give it to next I log in with? It would negate multiple bags race as well and leave warbands a chance to replace missing classes.
And ofc total contribution removing in case of x-realming :)
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#39 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:09 pm

I like the idea of lower tier contribution effecting higher tier.

Encourages fights in T2 and T3, which can be pretty dead till a T4 opens and everyone piles in
Alea iacta est

Snoxx

Post#40 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:Then why not remove contribution from previous char and give it to next I log in with? It would negate multiple bags race as well and leave warbands a chance to replace missing classes.
And ofc total contribution removing in case of x-realming :)
Interesting idea, but ...

Possible downside: Players would gather contribution with some group-friendly or zerg-viable classes, but once a promising keep raid starts (aka zone lock incoming) they'd log onto some "useless" or lowbie char, hoping for a gold bag.

This is de-facto equal to transferring bags from your main char to some twink.

This could even cause the keep raid to fail. Once a ram is spawned, half of your warband might break apart because everyone is busy logging onto some twink char. I bet there will be almost no tanks and no healers left once the real fight at keep starts.

Dunno if this is what we want.