Ads

Patch Notes 13/1/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Patch Notes 13/1/2017

Post#71 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Barmy wrote:- If level difference inside party is more than 5 nobody will get any XP from killing NPCs.

Okay, i see, u dont need new players. Is this game about rvr or korea-style grind? It's was not easy to level up before, now, u kill any reason to new player start. Nice nerf, srsly.
That must be it, I mean never mind my post where I said it was a stopgap right? You just strawman away......
sy my bad i red till dansary post or either miss yours, my bad my bad.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#72 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:40 am

Manatikik wrote:

And all it takes to stop Fetch is to move. You don't even have to be speed boosted. If the target is moving the lion cannot fetch 9/10 times due to the terribleness of pets. So if you're trying to bring up counters then Destro has the easiest counter in the game.
The change addressed the fact that fetch was being insta-casted on players within melee range which implies the pet is already glued to the target, and no amount of WASD was going to prevent the lol-3s-poplock/root/interrupt.

Manatikik

Post#73 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:31 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:
Manatikik wrote:

And all it takes to stop Fetch is to move. You don't even have to be speed boosted. If the target is moving the lion cannot fetch 9/10 times due to the terribleness of pets. So if you're trying to bring up counters then Destro has the easiest counter in the game.
The change addressed the fact that fetch was being insta-casted on players within melee range which implies the pet is already glued to the target, and no amount of WASD was going to prevent the lol-3s-poplock/root/interrupt.
And no where did I say I was against said change or didn't understand it... Reading is important for forums!
<Montague><Capulet>

Dalgrimar

Post#74 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 am

The total nerf to powerlvling is definatly not healthy for the server.
Nobody is gonna go trough 1-40 lvling hell without help of a higher lvl player when all the action is at T4.
Never really understood why being able to get fast to 40 is a problem.
The game starts at 40...
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#75 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 am

Dalgrimar wrote:The total nerf to powerlvling is definatly not healthy for the server.
Nobody is gonna go trough 1-40 lvling hell without help of a higher lvl player when all the action is at T4.
The game starts at 40...
You're about 6 months late to complain about powerleveling being nerfed, game has been just fine. This is the final nail in the coffin (unless something else comes up).
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lilim

Post#76 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 am

bwdaWAR wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
snot wrote:The command to change pet name is /petname? I just tried this and I got a message I am not allowed cause I lost this privilege
Works for me for account without GM rights so this sounds like you lost your privileges already because GM rename :).

Can someone other confirm? Preferably nonstaff member?
I get the same message, using the petname change macro right after logging in - for the first time for months (with the WL at least), so a GM change is a little unlikely.
Same here!I renamed my pet once and no one others.

Fallenkezef

Post#77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

Dalgrimar wrote:The total nerf to powerlvling is definatly not healthy for the server.
The game starts at 40...
I am leveling a WH in my own just fine. Milking exp, renown and shinies in rvr currently.

Just because you are too lazy to level doesnt mean devs are obligated to make sure you can be carried.
Alea iacta est

Collateral

Post#78 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 am

Fallenkezef wrote:I am leveling a WH in my own just fine. Milking exp, renown and shinies in rvr currently.

Just because you are too lazy to level doesnt mean devs are obligated to make sure you can be carried.
It's not about being lazy or being carried. It's about end game content and having fun. People don't really have fun in that lower lvl grind. And that they can't play with their mates who are only 5 lvls higher is even worse (they can, but they won't get anything from it).

Take a look at one of the most popular arpgs currently, path of exile. There you lvl fairly fast through the beginning of the game, and mind you the game has a very steep learning curve. So why don't you have to grind early lvls there? Because it's pointless and uninteresting. The game begins when you get to higher lvls. More loot, more content, more bosses etc. The first lvls are there to set you up and give you a feeling for the game, and how you want to play it. And that doesn't mean it has to last long. Oh and you can invite a high lvl friend to play with you, but it's he who won't get xp, not you. The game is made in a way where following the main story will get you to end game relatively fast. Now ofc, war is an mmo, so you can't compare them 1:1, but they are both still rpgs with a lvling system.

This all depends on what end game content the devs want. The end game here begins at 40 like dalgri said, and that's a fact. And the grind there is also decent if you want all the possible gear (sc gear is just insane). And now that early lvling has been nerfed to the ground means you have to spend even more time on a character if you want to achieve even the start end game gear. This is not fun at all, unless you have a great group of people you can have fun with regardless of the grind (which we know most people don't, especially knew players). Or if you are korean with 24h free time (sarcasm).

I said probably a hundred times now that I don't bother with alts. Just ask my guildies how many alts I play (hint: one lvl 25ish shaman). Lvling is boring and repetitive. Making it last longer won't solve those issues. Sure the pqs are being worked on, and they are probably fun, but I don't really want to play every single pq there is till 40. Or is that what the devs want? Or do you lvl through rvr/scs? No one really knows the answer to that.

All I want to do is have fun. The game is definitely not finished, but I don't feel like a road is set for a goal in the end. How do you want people to play this game? And how long do you want them to play it?

Ads
snot

Post#79 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:47 am

Hargrim wrote:
snot wrote:The command to change pet name is /petname? I just tried this and I got a message I am not allowed cause I lost this privilege
Works for me for account without GM rights so this sounds like you lost your privileges already because GM rename :).

Can someone other confirm? Preferably nonstaff member?
Hadn't played with my WL for days. I loged just to rename the pet cause it starts with lowercase and got the error. My pet still has the same name it used to have (starting with lowercase) so a GM hasn't renamed it.
Kopanaou, Elfas, Kalomoira

Collateral

Post#80 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 am

Also one thing about lvling alts. By lvling more characters, players deepen the game knowledge. So many people on the forum complain about pug mentality, zerging, lack of experience etc. Why is that? I believe it because the players simply don't know how other classes work, even how archetypes work.

Of course, this doesn't mean that you should be able to lvl 10 characters to 40 in a week. But to lvl a couple to t4 in a reasonable time means people will know more about them. This increases the learning curve a bit, but in the end it would pay off I think.