anarchypark

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2017

Post#31 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 am

Hargrim wrote:
anarchypark wrote:
Karast wrote:
Spoiler:
As per feedback request:

Overall the left wing wasn't so bad but the trash mobs were a little numerous. The final PQ in particular felt like a punishing time sink. If you wipe or time out while doing the boss, which is gonna happen once or twice your first run, or if you get bad luck and the boss bugs out on npcs / gliches into the ground then you gotta spend 20-30min redoing the last 2 stages. After 1 wipe, 1 bugged out, and 1 time out it quickly spirals into 2 hrs on that PQ.

It is also hard depending on your comp order side. WP AoE cleanse can't be used, so if you have a melee heavy party you are going to get a lot of adds, and clearing the trash with a ST focused group is less than ideal and more time consuming, so some group comps work better than others, which makes it hard to just take what you have in a 2 2 2.

This really makes it feel like a grind. The first two PQ's are pretty perfect but the last one is a bit overkill with 2 grindy stages.

Cutting a stage or shortening the stages, and reducing the health on the final boss a little bit would smooth it out. The third PQ would be near impossible for many group setups if they were a little lightly gear or sub 40. It probably works better for destro since dok group cleanse works for alignments but wp's doesn't.
maybe 1 PQ per day.
i'm not sure how long reset timer is. 12? 24 hours?
if there is a way to prevent reset, by gold or something
it will help reducing grind that killing all the trash mobs again.
or is there a method already that prevent reset?
Reset time is 8h and probably can be increased, but is there any reason you would like it to be longer? I didn't catch one if you provided it. Lockout on wing boss is currently set to 72 hours.
i failed at the left wing 3rd PQ. it was fun 4+ hours but grp disbanded. i wanted to try 3rd PQ again after few hours but couldn't get a grp.
next day it got reset and gunbad closed soon after. so i was thinking that it's cool if i could start from 3rd PQ where i failed.
but i realized it could be exploited. easy boss access for some ppl. repeating easy PQ etc.

this time, gunbad is open for longer period( permanently? ) i guess current system is fine.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Post#32 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 am

There is a difference between long, and challenging. You know it, I know it, we all play the same game. Grinding lots of trash for players, as you know, is laborious.

Having trash mobs with unique abilities like healing near-by allies in Reilkland beastlord, trash mobs that have channels to be interupted / knocked down or explode for damage that you have to isolate / cc are engaging or pulls you to him, are active and interesting to fight. Having many mobs is, that are extensive in number, is not my, and by feedback from Krast, not only my concern for how to create a challenging instance that
takes a long time.

I know what it took the staff to build, I'm not dismissing that. I hope the bosses are different and I am sure I'll have fun doing it tomorrow.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#33 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:27 am

All trash mobs have unique abilities. We decided to have a lot of trash mobs first, and check if we need to reduce them or not.

Instanced bosses are fun, I hope you'll enjoy them.

Like all dungeon, it hard at begin but when you know what to do and with training it start to get easier.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#34 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am

Also like beastlord, all bosses (including pq boss) have unique mechanics, 1pq boss is usually easier than Last PQ boss.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#35 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:06 am

The wards as I'd like to implement them will only affect PvE gear and dungeons. So no, stuff from RvR will not affect wards in PvE and PvE gear will not affect RvR campaign in any way except pieces you wear. What this mean is that if you want to run end game dungeon you need to complete each previous dungeon or the (that's an example) +500% dmg bonus in ToVL will eradicate you in one hit.

If leads decide that they want something different it will be something different.

Sigimund

Post#36 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:20 am

That would limit the available pool of people to run higher content.

Aurandilaz

Post#37 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 am

Hargrim wrote:The wards as I'd like to implement them will only affect PvE gear and dungeons. So no, stuff from RvR will not affect wards in PvE and PvE gear will not affect RvR campaign in any way except pieces you wear. What this mean is that if you want to run end game dungeon you need to complete each previous dungeon or the (that's an example) +500% dmg bonus in ToVL will eradicate you in one hit.

If leads decide that they want something different it will be something different.
Seems good, at least in theory, to have a sensible PVE progression. The only main issue I see with this is that many of us are severe altoholics, for whom it might be somewhat challenging to gather wards on 5-15 alts in case we feel like PvEing with switching chars in the future. :)
I could probably push myself to grind various wards on 3-5 alts, but after that it might become hnnnnggghhhhh. :P

Well remains to be seen how it turns out.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 am

So the ward system should be different to live? I thought gear from pve should be an alternative.
I don't think it is good to make pve gear a requirement to get pve gear.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Nastylicious

Post#39 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:39 am

yea but remember this is not live its RoR live is something that got beaten to death Burried cuz of EA things on RoR might not be like live was

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 pm

From my PoV you better start doing Gunbad now to not be left in cold later, but what do I know. Also, that's just my idea, maybe other team members have better ones.