Patch Notes 30/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Karast

Re: Patch Notes 30/12/2017

Post#21 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 am

Hargrim wrote:
Karast wrote:As per feedback request:

Overall the left wing wasn't so bad but the trash mobs were a little numerous. The final PQ in particular felt like a punishing time sink. If you wipe or time out while doing the boss, which is gonna happen once or twice your first run, or if you get bad luck and the boss bugs out on npcs / gliches into the ground then you gotta spend 20-30min redoing the last 2 stages. After 1 wipe, 1 bugged out, and 1 time out it quickly spirals into 2 hrs on that PQ.

It is also hard depending on your comp order side. WP AoE cleanse can't be used, so if you have a melee heavy party you are going to get a lot of adds, and clearing the trash with a ST focused group is less than ideal and more time consuming, so some group comps work better than others, which makes it hard to just take what you have in a 2 2 2.

This really makes it feel like a grind. The first two PQ's are pretty perfect but the last one is a bit overkill with 2 grindy stages.

Cutting a stage or shortening the stages, and reducing the health on the final boss a little bit would smooth it out. The third PQ would be near impossible for many group setups if they were a little lightly gear or sub 40. It probably works better for destro since dok group cleanse works for alignments but wp's doesn't.
Thanks for feedback. Could you clarify a bit what you mean by bugging out stages or boss? I'm not sure to what exactly you refer.

Also, as PQ reset time is set to 8h if you fail at PQ you should be able to 'fail forward', as in the bareers blocking access to instanced boss are connected to PQ and if PQ is finished (winning or losing doesn't matter) you can still progress.

Did you attempt to kill wing boss, Glomp the Squig Master?
We had the first 2 stages reset at under 4 hours. So I think that might be off.

With the final PQ boss we had to burn a lot of time re-positioning him since he would often aggro the nearby healer and quest npc. On one attempt a lot of his adds spawned underground when we fought him near the ramps.

As for Glomp we got 1 real attempt on him, but we ran into a lot of pathing issues. He'd punt the tank at the start and usually swap aggro to a healer, and then he'd glitch inside a ramp and the healer would either die or have to kite him until he unbugged for the tank to get him back. Similar issues with his squigs.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#22 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 am

@Karast

So we should move away healer and quest NPC to some better place, that should partially amend that.

If you could ping me when you will be running the Gunbad again (you can find me on official discord as Hargrim) I'd gladly look how you try to do Glomp - never observed such behavior during our testing. Otherwise a video would probably be sufficient.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:07 am

Torque, what do you envision as the average runtime for Gunbad?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 am

We aim at 2-2.5h per wing when you know what you are doing and around 1.5 when you master it. Longer than 2.5h if you have no idea. That's the values we got from our internal testing.

TIP: there are quests around the dungeons and interactable GOs - read and do them, they contain clues how to approach bosses.

Darosh
Banned

Post#25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:55 am

Slightly offtopic:
@Karast, it is quite difficault to imagine an order group to struggle with the clearing of the trash, especially if you run a Slayer into the dungeon. Have him spec for Short Temper if you have no WW bot around, and you can essentially faceroll through ~

On topic, will the stock liniments return or can you guys actually modify them? I am a tad worried about the critcreep ~

Thanks for the great work, as per usual. <3

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:02 am

We can make liniments however we like. As gear creep is gimped on RoR liminents will probably be too.

Gerv
Banned

Post#27 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:55 am

Torquemadra wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:Torque, what do you envision as the average runtime for Gunbad?
Gunbad? Its equivalent tier of gear to annihilator with better stats and bonuses which is barely a step down from conq with no RR requirements, I dont like that a run takes an afternoon, I remember Tovl and LV groups taking a week to clear if we even got that far and thats where it should be because even in Warlord you didnt rofflestomp through LV or Tovl.
This is very different to my experiences to live. Tovl took, in Warlord gear, an evening to run 1-5 and then a second run later on to finish 6-8. LV was a similar experience, the first 2 wings were doing able in an evening given everyone knew what they were doing but most just kept to 1 wing a night for simplicity.

Imo, extensively long dungeons are not an idea as they act as a deterrent for people to run the dungeons, especially for casuals for which the server population is the majority. For guild groups like my own it's not a problem just seemingly un-necessary.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Kalt

Post#28 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:42 am

Well , running a 6 to 9 hour dungeons can be cool , if the rewards is here.
At the moment , for people who are geared in conqueror , or a mix of sets , there is no point in running gunbad.
The stats are inferior to what we already have. And honestly the skins are low level stuff we can get on normal items.
So running a long dungeon yes. But it s a loss of time if you already have the high end gear you can get in rvr .

Ads
kryss

Post#29 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:34 am

Torquemadra wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:Torque, what do you envision as the average runtime for Gunbad?
Gunbad? Its equivalent tier of gear to annihilator with better stats and bonuses which is barely a step down from conq with no RR requirements, I dont like that a run takes an afternoon, I remember Tovl and LV groups taking a week to clear if we even got that far and thats where it should be because even in Warlord you didnt rofflestomp through LV or Tovl.
I am interested in the wards level you might implement (I read some dev comments on the advice channel). Will there be a PvE only ward level (e.g. u basically need full redeye to run LV), or will RvR sets have a ward level too? (on live it was this way, if I'm not mistaken, like Invader gave a superior ward). Thanks

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 am

If you dont need redeye now, i think it might be useful later..

Also gunbad is a T4 dungeon now, i spent 4 month to build gunbad, trying to make it challenging and fun

we just release it, so test it first and we will fine tune timer /trash mobs / damages/ difficulty in time.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer