Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Krima

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#81 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Coma wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:i think WE now re oriented on give her more utility in warband. personallly i believe is an interesting change.
O_o whre do you see Wb oriented changes on WE? there was only a midly useless buff on a finisher that went from being an almost useless lifetap to be an almost useless lifetap+personal AA buff... and a stealth nerf to Kiss damage (I would really like to know the exact extension of this nerf and the reason behind it...)... where the hell do you see anything that involve WB?

we even got Staff comment on the fact that WE are meant to NOT BE WB ORIENTED and WE that really want to play in WB should reroll rather then expect changes in that direction...
I Lold also :cry: ...he might be on something !!
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
Jbz

Post#82 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm

The meta is changing and people are crying, great work team. Annoyed with the xp changes but I guess I will level my characters strictly through RVR and SCs like it was meant to be played. Possibly incentivize what yall want us to test rather than nerf the most efficient ways to level?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#83 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Jbz wrote:The meta is changing and people are crying, great work team. Annoyed with the xp changes but I guess I will level my characters strictly through RVR and SCs like it was meant to be played. Possibly incentivize what yall want us to test rather than nerf the most efficient ways to level?
Gear, fun and renown rank is not good enough? Or stuff that is already in is taken as granted and more 'incentives' are needed?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#84 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Redsun wrote:Monstrous Rending vfx is cool and all but why I can see the effect from other Bg's when I have play ability effects only on "self"?
Probably because it is hardcoded to work that way :).

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#85 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Piling on incentives is the core definition of creep. If we already felt leveling was far too fast grinding mobs, why would we make leveling faster than those methods by doing RvR/Scens? Granted, it's been quite low for XP in RvR, and it's on our radar, but getting PvE down to an appropriate level first was required to know where it needs to be adjusted. As each new PvE-optimal farm method is culled, yet another rears its head. Having normalized appropriate gains in RvR would always have been overshadowed by the most efficient PvE method.

One framework at a time. Small increments. Things will get better, just stick around.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#86 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Redsun wrote:The patch notes seem nice!

Monstrous Rending vfx is cool and all but why I can see the effect from other Bg's when I have play ability effects only on "self"?
Its due to the new system that I made for Torque, it in fact does not respect your settings as it sends the relevant data regardless (limitation that we cant override currently)

Egoish

Post#87 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Natherul wrote:

Monstrous Rending vfx is cool and all but why I can see the effect from other Bg's when I have play ability effects only on "self"?
Its due to the new system that I made for Torque, it in fact does not respect your settings as it sends the relevant data regardless (limitation that we cant override currently)
Does that mean we can stack 24 bgs and win keep sieges via crashing?

On a more serious note if we have animations set to nothing will it still play? Is there a work around?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#88 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Egoish wrote:
Natherul wrote:

Does that mean we can stack 24 bgs and win keep sieges via crashing?

On a more serious note if we have animations set to nothing will it still play? Is there a work around?
Should not be able to crash players that way, also Im not certain where the client wont show effects or not. Technically this system sends the info to the client that there is a spell with a certain ID to be played, I have not checked with different settings where the cutoff (if any) is

Ads
Redsun

Post#89 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Natherul wrote:

Fair enough! The first time that it happened I was tripping out...and I was thinking where did I misclick :P
Polemos - Fuzzh - Baigon - Lengo
Mexicola - Fuzz

freshour
Banned

Post#90 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Had about 6-10 hours of playing without CW/RD (I mostly just used CW on every single toon and dropped the RD after I stopped doing WB's) - but I will say that for my average groups it is an extra 1-3 deaths per SC. I mean in general being on destro 75-85% of non 6 man (premade SC groups that order brings which are WL/WH or WL/SL) - so other than maybe using it for the IB outgoing HD or after a KD and WH/WL pop on you I didn't use it as much. However in the pug SC/normal RVR scene/non 6v6 SC I used it nearly on CD as we always run melee groups so you are going to have to eat some BB's, generally 2-3 as a melee player with NA ping being 100-150 for most.

Point being - it has just made the melee need to be a little more cautious in my recent groups as far as 100% being on top of never leaving your guard. I like to think I play with fairly good players and everyone makes mistakes but now you really just can't make as many. Rather than being able to hit that button every 5 minutes to save a death, you just have to eat the death. Sure you could do (name the 4-5 defensive things) if we were playing in a vacuum of perfect playstyles - but in reality CW saved a lot of people a death almost every time it was used.

Other than M2 for DoK becoming 100% mandatory as in use M1 very very very sparingly - and also using group cleanse on CD becoming more of a "on the milsecond" rather than just "every time it is up" - I haven't noticed much difference. But I will say I have actually caught a few ranged trying to get away since they can't pop RD. But all in all I think it was a good step in the right direction, just please don't make quick escapes go away :D.