Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Darks63

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#101 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Wow Guardian may be worth looking at now especially Leo Frenzy.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Older
Banned

Post#102 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:56 pm

8-)
It's not a class!
It's a Player!!

Beez

From one vase with big loaf. ha ?
Now don't touch.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#103 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Added some hotfix notes
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

peterthepan3

Post#104 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Given all our WLs are playing WOW, has anyone tested out the new Guardian in a proper group setting?

We envision a tanky guardian spec being somewhat viable, if pet has a good amount of parry via FC and IB 25% (with decent base WS). Does pet still die fast in Guardian?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#105 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Server seems to be crashing, gotta drop it. See what we did wrong now...

Naturally, we reverted the hotfix for the moment.

MedV

Post#106 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Can the devs look into an XP boost for lower level players. Say 16-25. I feel like that these lvls you dont have all of your skills needed for t4 play. I know its not a popular opinion but as a man playing 2 champs both around lvl 18, its such a slow grind in orvr getting 40xp ticks when killing enemy champs.
The King.

Sulorie

Post#107 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm

MedV wrote:Can the devs look into an XP boost for lower level players. Say 16-25. I feel like that these lvls you dont have all of your skills needed for t4 play. I know its not a popular opinion but as a man playing 2 champs both around lvl 18, its such a slow grind in orvr getting 40xp ticks when killing enemy champs.
RvR is not meant to level up fast.
Dying is no option.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#108 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:58 pm

MedV wrote:Can the devs look into an XP boost for lower level players. Say 16-25. I feel like that these lvls you dont have all of your skills needed for t4 play. I know its not a popular opinion but as a man playing 2 champs both around lvl 18, its such a slow grind in orvr getting 40xp ticks when killing enemy champs.
I looked, couldn't find any boosts. We're fresh out.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#109 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 pm

One of the "easier" fixes to improve the life of 16-30 players would be dropping current set ranks, by circa 4-5 ranks compared to current requirements.
Say Ruin and Anni can be worn at 30. Deva at ~24. Mayhem/Stalkers at 20. (adjust quests so they can be taken as rank 16s)
Obli at 16 fully.

Another thing I had in mind earlier; lowbies lack the important stats that rest of players above +40 have, that is all the bonuses they tend to buy with renown.
So what if at rank 16, you start with +25 crit and it dwindles one below with each new rank gained. Similarly a +25 boost to dodge/disrupt/parry to compensate for not having the stuff that other T4 tend to have from being higher RR. All of those lose one point per new rank gained. So at 26, this bolster bonus would have dwindled down to +15% crit and +15 dodge/disrupt/parry, and at 36 only +5 remains until you reach 40 and nothing is left.

This should compensate for lacking all the 4 tactic slots, lacking endgame mastery specs and lacking all career abilities plus lacking all the various renown ability buffs that rest of T4 players enjoy.

Maybe rank 16s finally stand a chance against the rest of T4 players? So that leveling via RvR actually doesn't feel like a slow grind, but actual normal T4 gameplay where you have almost equal footing with the higher ranked players.

Coma

Post#110 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:One of the "easier" fixes to improve the life of 16-30 players would be dropping current set ranks, by circa 4-5 ranks compared to current requirements.
Say Ruin and Anni can be worn at 30. Deva at ~24. Mayhem/Stalkers at 20. (adjust quests so they can be taken as rank 16s)
Obli at 16 fully.

Another thing I had in mind earlier; lowbies lack the important stats that rest of players above +40 have, that is all the bonuses they tend to buy with renown.
So what if at rank 16, you start with +25 crit and it dwindles one below with each new rank gained. Similarly a +25 boost to dodge/disrupt/parry to compensate for not having the stuff that other T4 tend to have from being higher RR. All of those lose one point per new rank gained. So at 26, this bolster bonus would have dwindled down to +15% crit and +15 dodge/disrupt/parry, and at 36 only +5 remains until you reach 40 and nothing is left.

This should compensate for lacking all the 4 tactic slots, lacking endgame mastery specs and lacking all career abilities plus lacking all the various renown ability buffs that rest of T4 players enjoy.

Maybe rank 16s finally stand a chance against the rest of T4 players? So that leveling via RvR actually doesn't feel like a slow grind, but actual normal T4 gameplay where you have almost equal footing with the higher ranked players.
I actualy really like this idea... I'm just not too sure about the numbers, especialy when it comes to defenses... with the new defenses system is not really that strange for a R40 to see disrupt/dodge/parry from bolstered low level character... I fear that a +25 may be a little too much in this regard resulting in lvl 25- character being harder to kill than geared lvl 40 ^^'...