Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Achilleos

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#61 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Curious to see and test out these new changes.
But just from reading I have a bad feeling about RD and CW being gone now.
And the further more slowed down leveling progress. It's really a drag to level up toons already. :/
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#62 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:
kryss wrote:
Uhm, I'd would like to know the reasoning behind this change, why the WE (who already has a better mechanic, kisses) would have access to a 100% guaranteed AA increase, plus snare (very important), on a same ability, whereas the WH has to blow a specific tactic (IF) for getting 50% AA on a crit. Also, WH got a useless single target KD on a bad tree (even moreso now, with RB dispellable by sever blessing), whereas the WE still got Oyk.

WL: What happens with trained to hunt? Seems that you forgot to explain Path of the Hunter

Thanks!
So RB is junk but the severable aa boost isn't?

Oyk is an epic ranged kd and you complain about it being mirrored?

A minor snare on a positional finisher and a severable buff is op? Which requires blowing their resource stacks and actually work their mechanism as opposed to holding points for 15% crit and spamming aw, on a 13 point high investment ability, and this causes you to cry?

Why would I explain a stance which had no changes?

Go away and come back when you learn coherent thought.
Wow...you are mean, rude, and outright disrespectful to one player, while at the same time, completely trying to blow smoke in our eyes. What? You think that you are the only one who knows how to play this game and know its mechanics? What? Some of us have never played a WH and WE before? Are you the only one that knows how to play WAR?

In the world you have helped create where CC is everything, a 15% snare that works 100% of the time is not a (and I quote) " A minor snare ".

The AA haste, is completely irrational. Sure, you blow resources and can not do +15 crit (which is how it really works and not with percentage and STILL needs to be fixed or mirrored), but with 50% additional AA, who cares? You are still doing super amounts of damage, especially since kisses are doing damage on every attack and are not situational like bullets that only work with finishers. Especially if Masterful Treachery (on the same tree a the finisher Sacrificial Stab) is in play for a +15% damage boost.

OyK, mirrored, GREAT!!!! THANK YOU!!!! ... But it is on a useless tree, and a useless finisher. sure, YOU use that tree, but that is only because YOU always have a top notch 6 man or (lately) an entire alliance WB to carry you. Meanwhile the new WE abilities are on a tree that gets used quite a bit by quite a few WE's.

Thank you and have a great day!
User warned for this post, take a break from forums - Torque
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Brizio

Post#63 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Seriously? Youre complaining about marauders? hehe
areanda wrote:Ive read em all so far. But i miss the argument of mara disrupt base pull and the wl str base pull maybe mirror em both to disrupt?

Hastykrasty

Post#64 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:58 pm

This game is not based around mirrors, since the abuse/misuse of the term, because there are none.
Be carefull when comparing two classes skill-to-skill, althought they might look close, they have some fundamental differences.

Just for clarification, WE/WH's mechanic revolves around stealth (which are the same), the use of elixir/reliques (identical for both classes) and kisses/bullets that are different in how they apply on the target.
WE's kisses are procs (25%) on attack, meaning that WE's rely on a more sustained damage while building their mechanic points, in respect to their counterpart. WH bullets are tied to the success of their execution to benefit from extra dmg and effect, this means that they have less damage in the building part of their mechanic points, but a more bursty execution.

This means that WE's finishers are designed ON PURPOSE to be less potent that WH's ones, since WEs already benefit from their kisses and other tools, like FM that's an extremely good core tactic. In this case, WEs are allowed to sit at full mechanic point and use finishers more as utilities (like the cerry on the cake to subjugate their prey), so i think that the change made by the devs is in line with the class and I find it good.

On their counterpart, WHs need to successfully land their execution to benefit from the bullets' procs, so if these are parried they suffer a major lack of damage compared to WEs. Hence, WHs were given more "succulent" finishers to compensate this gap, because of their heavy dependance by them.

On the patch notes, good job, keep the good work rolling. Just a bit disappointed in Dragon Gun change, I was expecting something more "creative", but I understand that WH/WEs aren't on the top of the priority list.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Brizio

Post#65 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Agreed.

*cough* make RB not dispellable...
drmordread wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
kryss wrote:
Uhm, I'd would like to know the reasoning behind this change, why the WE (who already has a better mechanic, kisses) would have access to a 100% guaranteed AA increase, plus snare (very important), on a same ability, whereas the WH has to blow a specific tactic (IF) for getting 50% AA on a crit. Also, WH got a useless single target KD on a bad tree (even moreso now, with RB dispellable by sever blessing), whereas the WE still got Oyk.

WL: What happens with trained to hunt? Seems that you forgot to explain Path of the Hunter

Thanks!
So RB is junk but the severable aa boost isn't?

Oyk is an epic ranged kd and you complain about it being mirrored?

A minor snare on a positional finisher and a severable buff is op? Which requires blowing their resource stacks and actually work their mechanism as opposed to holding points for 15% crit and spamming aw, on a 13 point high investment ability, and this causes you to cry?

Why would I explain a stance which had no changes?

Go away and come back when you learn coherent thought.
Wow...you are mean, rude, and outright disrespectful to one player, while at the same time, completely trying to blow smoke in our eyes. What? You think that you are the only one who knows how to play this game and know its mechanics? What? Some of us have never played a WH and WE before? Are you the only one that knows how to play WAR?

In the world you have helped create where CC is everything, a 15% snare that works 100% of the time is not a (and I quote) " A minor snare ".

The AA haste, is completely irrational. Sure, you blow resources and can not do +15 crit (which is how it really works and not with percentage and STILL needs to be fixed or mirrored), but with 50% additional AA, who cares? You are still doing super amounts of damage, especially since kisses are doing damage on every attack and are not situational like bullets that only work with finishers. Especially if Masterful Treachery (on the same tree a the finisher Sacrificial Stab) is in play for a +15% damage boost.

OyK, mirrored, GREAT!!!! THANK YOU!!!! ... But it is on a useless tree, and a useless finisher. sure, YOU use that tree, but that is only because YOU always have a top notch 6 man or (lately) an entire alliance WB to carry you. Meanwhile the new WE abilities are on a tree that gets used quite a bit by quite a few WE's.

Thank you and have a great day!

drmordread
Suspended

Post#66 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
tionblack wrote:Still dragon gun is useless since noone will use it over exit wounds/BAL.This is plain buffing WE meanwhile WH gets nothing once again.And EVEN IF many uses repel blasph it still doesnt make it viable to go up dragon gun.WH is still locked with BaL/Sod/Punish the false build or the repel/bal build. Meanwhile you get snare and AA haste buffs. Can you not see my point?
It just got mirrored. What are you crazy about? Now WE has a good finisher in the most core tree just like the WH has it with BaL. Where is the problem?

Because the WE i already super OP with a +15 crit on its finisher (WH does not have) and with kisses that work all the time while bullets only effect with a finisher.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

peterthepan3

Post#67 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:04 pm

lol

why are people upset about the fact that:

* Sacrificial Stab may actually be useful and used (more spec variety);
* Dragon Gun now has a ranged KD component (more spec variety);
* WE have access to a AA haste component - reliant on a 13 pt ability (many WH don't even use their AA tactic, and WH get theirs for free!)

so confused. people need to remember that these changes are: 1) preliminary; 2) subject to alteration. they are not set in stone, nor are they the finished products (i would wager).

areanda

Post#68 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Brizio wrote:Seriously? Youre complaining about marauders? hehe
areanda wrote:Ive read em all so far. But i miss the argument of mara disrupt base pull and the wl str base pull maybe mirror em both to disrupt?
No No iam not but in the other topic, wich Got closed by penril.
Dont know why but i assume hè didnt had an answer ready. . Anyways hè said continue it here.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#69 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:12 pm

This is not a place to discuss anything thats not relating to the patch notes.

DokB

Post#70 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Garner wrote:Holy smokes Monstrous Rending looks amazing!!!
Came here to say this. Looks great.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard