Re: Patch Notes 13/10/17

Post#251 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Thx Karast for you answer.

Check you PM.

Ads
Ravai

Post#252 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Great to see the server gaining momentum again, actaully really enjoy the new system with several zones being open at once, disperses the population somewhat atleast.

Huge advocate of the draw system and that fact you are able to lock a zone with leveling keeps only (finally a way to combat keep camping after several failed attempts) keeps the action flowing to avoid stalemates.

Looking forward to new pvp gear :)
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Arbich
Suspended

Post#253 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Hargrim wrote:Can I get a vid of those 15 minutes locks? Also, which zones they took place in?
Happened in Reikland this weekend. We were in Praag until lock and then (after a short delay of maybe 5-10min after lock) flew to Reikland, where we fight for maybe 5-10min until Zone was locked with 5 star keep.

Is it possible to rank up Keep in a not open Zone?

In general the new system is ok, but the only real improvement is the draw-mechanic (still think randomized loser/winner rewards would be better to give the inferior side an incentive to delay the lock). Forcing players to stay a BOs is encouraging static gameplay. Farming afk people at BOs is sometimes funny, but also not the most challenging gameplay.

I think the lock with 5 star keep and all BOs should only be a fallback option if the enemy side turtle within their keep and not a very fast easy lock option as it is now. Maybe slow down keep ranking and add a requirement that all BOs must be held for a specific time (5-10minutes)?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Hargrim
Developer

Post#254 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Karast wrote:I will try to get some video from guildies if we have it but I have personally seen both TM, and BFP pop in 10-15 min over the last few days. Went 0-3 star in a flash and then zone locks as the keep fell. In one case with BFP it was almost an instant lock as soon as the zone openned, the keep wasn't taken and from what I could tell there was not time for des to get to 5 stars.
Thanks. I've seen some possibly too fast gains, but wasn't in zone to see it from start to end.

Coma

Post#255 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Atropik wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: The "point" of the no turning was to fix the bug that you could turn while KD/Immobd........
That was a great fix, thanks for the efforts.

Have to say few words about root component. Whenever someone gets caught with morale root, he is unable to defent his back for 10!(sic) seconds as it is now, thats a little bit gamebreaking, dont you agree?
Furthermore, i supposed rooted person cant hit anyone who is behind him, as it always was, target is out of sight, but he can! With all ranged melee and magi attacks, throwing fireballs in all 360 degrees around while been rooted is so adorable, i lold a lot these days.

And few words about stealth break on dot ticks. Ive been told the chance is 12%, and after hanging around a couple of days on WE, i believe the chance is pretty damn high. Every basic dot - Broadhead arrow, searing touch, signal flare, rune of Immolation, stone breaker, etc. has from 5 to 8 ticks, thats pretty enough to break stealth and set it for 30sec cd. Basic rotation like signal flare + inc. rounds leaves you almost zero chance to stay stealthed. WH/WE class has not the best days in RoR for a long time, by nerfing stealth its geting closer to lose the last niche.
Stealth didnt get nerfed, breaking from dots was a fix, if the value is too high and it happens too much it will be rebalanced, Im not unfamiliar with the stealth classes here.
I'm personaly in favor of DoT breaking stealth (WE here so not somone tring to bash stealth :P), the only problem I see with the current % (12% based on previous post by some dev) is with AoE dot... maybe (if possible) lowering the chance to breake stealth only on those and let it as now for single target DoT could be an interesting idea... but since the patch is still quite fresh probably some additinal testing is still required ^^

Defacian

Post#256 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 pm

I am a player that primarily plays PuG SCs fairly casually on my RR 45 Chosen and RR 50 sorc. Just wanted to drop by and add my 2 cents on the DoT disruption change:

The most noticeable change to me in the PuG scenario setting is that SnB tanks feel somewhat unkillable in many situations. It seems as though tanks can very easily overextend into the opposing backlines far away from their healers with little fear of dying, and then can often dip back in for 5-10 seconds to get healed and repeat. Previously this could happen against certain compositions, but would be heavily punished by any magus or DPS shaman (and to a much lesser extent Sorcs). Of course this is not always the optimal thing for a tank to be doing, but the point stands that this change feels as though it de-emphasizes intelligent positioning and risk analysis for SnB tanks. As it stands right now, it feels like a colossal survivability buff to tanks and a fairly significant one to healers in the PuG setting. I cannot speak to any experience in organized SC or ORvR play.

I have liked what I have seen with regards to the ORvR changes in my limited experience (4-5 zone takes) thus far. Imbalanced numbers at certain times are still a problem, but of course that is not inherent to any RvR mechanics. Contested zones have been much more fun and interactive post-patch.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#257 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Waiting a minute for a code change on the hotfix. Please hold.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tankbeardz

Post#258 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 am

I tested the disrupt spec with my guild and my RR71 magus dots were being disrupted about 30% of the time and DD spells were getting disrupted about 50% of the time vs 2 different WPs:
1 with 45% disrupt
1 with 65% disrupt

We also had the same results with a sorc and we can take videos sometime if needed.

I understand the need to balance melee vs range but this effectively neuters sorc/bw/magus from killing healers...especially if we add a tank with HTL into the equation.

I saw an argument here about picking a different target but that really doesn't hold water to me since the most effective way to kill a group is to kill it's healers. If they can heal from a distance without being pressured by ranged DPS, how can you expect to kill a guarded target?

On a side note, this change hits destro harder since the changes don't really affect engi and they also disrupt the mara pull.

I understand the changes need to be done but can we please look more closely at the equations for the amount of disrupt that willpower adds? Full disrupt costs 15 points and willpower is adding way too much benefit.

Ads
Nameless

Post#259 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 am

I like making wp relevant. After all by stacking wp u rise your defence vs magic users but that way didnt stack ofher defensive stats and become a little more squishy to phys dps

Btw as I understand new stats formulas didnt concern initiative and toughness stacking since there is not offencive stat that lower them. Is that right?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Rydiak

Post#260 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 am

Toughness is countered by main offensive stat. Initiative is essentially countered by critical strike percentage increases. At least to my understanding, the new formulas affect only avoidance (hit/no hit), not mitigation (hit, but affected in some way).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!