Changelog 15/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Changelog 15/11/16

Post#1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:46 am

[Combat and Careers]

General

- A damage cap has been added. It is a linear interpolation between 550 and 4k depending on your effective level. Thus a rank 1 character may inflict no more than 550 damage and a rank 40 character may inflict no more than 4k damage in a single shot.

Shadow Warrior

- The nerf to Enchanted Arrows has been reverted. It will now behave as per its tooltip.

Slayer

- The cooldown of Deathblow has been reduced to 15 seconds, from 30.

- The handling of Shatter Limbs has been changed. It will now increase cooldowns by 1 second for every additional target struck by the ability beyond the second target. A target that successfully defends Shatter Limbs will still be considered for the purpose of this check. Examples:
  • 1-2 targets: no cooldown increase
  • 3 targets: 1s cooldown increase
  • 5 targets: 3s cooldown increase
  • 7+ targets: 5s cooldown increase
Choppa

- The cooldown of Weaklin' Killa has been reduced to 15 seconds, from 30.

[Experimental Mode]

Warrior Priest / Disciple of Khaine

- Experimental mode for these two classes is now accessible to all players. It is detailed within the Rules and Guides section.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Changelog 15/11/16 (Pending)

Post#2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 am

Awesome!

Beardypete

Post#3 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:15 am

Sweet, always love balance attempts. I think that was the number one reason of the originals demise.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 am

Ok so if i understand right fester bomb nukes are back but they should no longer be able to 1 shot

Does the dmg cap affect sorc/BW dmg since it all occurs in 1 time stamp?

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:45 am

TenTonHammer wrote:Ok so if i understand right fester bomb nukes are back but they should no longer be able to 1 shot

Does the dmg cap affect sorc/BW dmg since it all occurs in 1 time stamp?
It's a per-ability cap rather than a per-second. Festerbombs are the only thing I can think of that could naturally break 4k damage in a single hit. Outside of hypothetical test scenarios, anyway.

Thelen

Post#6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:44 am

Love the SL change. It will still be an amazing ability, but there is a bit more counter play now.

Interested to try the DoK changes, or rather, interested in seeing the spec smarter-than-me-DoK's come up with. Should be a pretty dramatic change in playstyle.

Is there any plans to replace/refund current books/chalices if this changes becomes permanent? Kinda hesitant to buy that 440 Emblem Chalice right now if I can't use it in a month.

Toldavf

Post#7 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:12 am

Ok so it's pretty clear that the shatter limbs Nerf has come about after that one Giant Slayer thread viewtopic.php?f=74&t=18220&start=80 (Which BTW isn't part of the balance discussion board). Nerfing this ability in no way, shape or form makes skaven slayer a less attractive option. The reduction of shatter limbs useful scales of play solo one of the classes best tools is gone, and in 6 man you don't break the 5 limmit so you get a 1 second CD increase unless 2 of your 4 targets defend in which case its a wasted gcd and you get nothing?

All in all I feel you don't reduce damage by Nerfing debuffing and vice versa I understand you are limited in the work arounds you have without a client but maybe there are some issues you just cannot fix until you have it.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Fey

Post#8 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 am

Change SL so that if it hits 1 person only it acts like if it hits 7+.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
lastalien

Post#9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 am

Hopefully soon I will see to developers nerf characters for destro, because during the last few patches are nerf only characters of the order. Good thing I wore my slayer, and can now put it on the shelf.
What about the radius at the magus and engineer them it is completely at odds with the possibility to throw detaunt, as I recall, one of the first SW nerf was due to the fact that the purpose of dying without being able to throw detaunt.
What about epic KB tanks, which by one of skill can win a fight 6 * 6 or more, pushing the tank or heal or dd in the unfathomable distance, is not the ultimate skill?
What about a unique combination of skills from the maras in the same tree, the reducing armor and reducing wounds and heal debaff? It is not too much for a single character?
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 am

lastalien wrote:Hopefully soon I will see to developers nerf characters for destro, because during the last few patches are nerf only characters of the order. Good thing I wore my slayer, and can now put it on the shelf.
What about the radius at the magus and engineer them it is completely at odds with the possibility to throw detaunt, as I recall, one of the first SW nerf was due to the fact that the purpose of dying without being able to throw detaunt.
What about epic KB tanks, which by one of skill can win a fight 6 * 6, pushing the tank or heal or dd in the unfathomable distance, is not the ultimate skill?
What about a unique combination of skills from the maras in the same tree, the reduces of armor and reducing wounds and heal debaff? It is not too much for a single character?
The original sw nerf was becuase fester bombing could 1 shot targets and nuke the hp of both a tank and it's guarded target not becuase of detaunt

The balance disscusion thread on knock backs just ended it's 2 week disscussion period today, now the devs need to make a decsion on what to do

They already started nerfing Mara by making it's wounds debuff cd longer